NCAA Final Four Games for May 28-30 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for May 28-30

These 3 are the best announcers in the game. They know the game, they know all the players and they’re excited calling the game. It’s the lax version of it’s Reece and Herb Street or Raferty in college hoops.

Let's all jump back into the wayback machine for a second.

Back when CBS used to show the LAX Finals weeks later on a delay, does anyone here remember who the color guy was?

Old timers like me would know, but let's see how you young'uns do.
Got me on that one but I do remember Dave Cohen and Dale ???

As i am very impressed with conner buszek coaching this year. He is young and prob can relate more to kids these days as a gait or any older generation coach can maby. But i think what is underrated as most prob believe ivy league not playing last year would hurt them. I feel it helped them extremely as they didn’t play games but could practice and had plenty of times to figure out their players put in their systems, and just sit back and watch what teams playing do. Actual games played def is a big need to improve and work out mistakes.But feel they had leg up as can focus just team chemistry and who they want to be or how they want to play. Yes when actual games come getting up to pace of game and seeing diff players then ones on own team. But they also had year of watching film of all these teams to least get a feel how they play and what they would see. Either way tremendous job done by cornell and congrats. Let’s go princeton!
actyually they couldnt practice all that much.. they werent allowed to be in large groups and couldnt use the facilities for most of the school year either

Good rope unit but their entire backline is average. Kirst masked much .

Rutgers will have to hit the portal hard again to avoid a return to b10 cellar. Pleased to see Cuse beating them to the portal this year

Agreed and they lose that entire rope unit. They have some O pieces in Scott, Knobloch and the dude who got hurt right before the season. Problem is they lose a ton to graduation especially defensively and the portal has already seen a bunch of guys come off the board including 2 guys to SU that Rutty pursued. They seem likely to bring the Harvard goalie and attackmen in but they need more then I think is doable through the portal.

Bigger issue for them is all the big boys are nearly through with their covid extra year guys and will be hitting the portal hard as well. Duke and Maryland have barely touched it yet and ND is destined to add more.

Agreed and they lose that entire rope unit. They have some O pieces in Scott, Knobloch and the dude who got hurt right before the season. Problem is they lose a ton to graduation especially defensively and the portal has already seen a bunch of guys come off the board including 2 guys to SU that Rutty pursued. They seem likely to bring the Harvard goalie and attackmen in but they need more then I think is doable through the portal.

Bigger issue for them is all the big boys are nearly through with their covid extra year guys and will be hitting the portal hard as well. Duke and Maryland have barely touched it yet and ND is destined to add more.

I had been expecting more additions to the portal this past week with most teams done with their seasons, but it feels like it’s been more of a trickle. One or two names seem to enter a day. I thought more kids from the Ivy would enter but that doesn’t seem the case.

I think Brown and Baughan from Princeton are out of Ivy eligibility so maybe they enter after this weekend? I’m very curious to see if Irelan from Cornell enters, have to think Syracuse would be involved there. It is really unclear which Ivy players are able to go back to their school next year and which ones aren’t. Gerger and Handley are both listed as seniors on the Penn website but I believe the understanding is they will both be back at Penn next season.

There are still a lot of big names in the portal that could change directions for a lot of teams. Hudgins from Army, Fake and Tevlin from Yale, Schelling from Lehigh, Darien Cook and Andy Demopolis from Brown, Peter Rizzoti from Dartmouth, Austin Madronic from Harvard, Derek Madonna from Hobart, Chase Mullins from UNC and Mo Silah from Towson. I’m sure there are plenty I’m missing.

I had been expecting more additions to the portal this past week with most teams done with their seasons, but it feels like it’s been more of a trickle. One or two names seem to enter a day. I thought more kids from the Ivy would enter but that doesn’t seem the case.

I think Brown and Baughan from Princeton are out of Ivy eligibility so maybe they enter after this weekend? I’m very curious to see if Irelan from Cornell enters, have to think Syracuse would be involved there. It is really unclear which Ivy players are able to go back to their school next year and which ones aren’t. Gerger and Handley are both listed as seniors on the Penn website but I believe the understanding is they will both be back at Penn next season.

There are still a lot of big names in the portal that could change directions for a lot of teams. Hudgins from Army, Fake and Tevlin from Yale, Schelling from Lehigh, Darien Cook and Andy Demopolis from Brown, Peter Rizzoti from Dartmouth, Austin Madronic from Harvard, Derek Madonna from Hobart, Chase Mullins from UNC and Mo Silah from Towson. I’m sure there are plenty I’m missing.

Agreed, I would say that with covid extra year guys coming near an end the amount of higher end guys are going to be slim and the overall numbers down. The competition for said players is also going to be more fierce. RU will be able to get some solid guys but it's difficult to try and hit continually year after year with transfers, eventually there will be some misses and bad chemistry fits.

RU really needs to elevate their regular recruiting. Losing a 5 star pole late to Cuse is a terrible blow to them

Let's all jump back into the wayback machine for a second.

Back when CBS used to show the LAX Finals weeks later on a delay, does anyone here remember who the color guy was?

Old timers like me would know, but let's see how you young'uns do.

Are we taking Lief Elsmo here? Guess we are about to find out if I’m an old timer or not.

You're officially old. :D

Guess I’m old too.. I remember him.. lol
What I hated about Elsmo was how he would, a. call all the players by their cutesy nicknames like he was an in-guy on the team, and b. do it while play was on.

I liked that the Terps made #26 of Princeton pay for his high hit on Makar, by scoring on man-up. The score went to 12-6, game over!

Well, not holding it in the hinterlands of CT would be a start.
Agree and I think it's probably fair to say the weather played a factor. But I can't say I was all that interested to watch today. I just flipped over occasionally.

The Onondaga nation just needs to build a 30-40k lacrosse only venue on the Res with a retractable roof and be a permanent host for all NCAA and world championships lol a man can dream anyway

Not holding it in NFL stadiums will probably be in the future.
There are plenty of soccer stadiums that would fit the bill, like Audi Field in DC (even though parking is a nightmare); Chester, PA (the Philly team's stadium where they held the ACC Tournament in 2014); and the NY Red Bulls' stadium (Rutty can sponsor to make up0 for their dismal performance today). I wouldn't mind seeing it permanently based in Chester.

There are plenty of soccer stadiums that would fit the bill, like Audi Field in DC (even though parking is a nightmare); Chester, PA (the Philly team's stadium where they held the ACC Tournament in 2014); and the NY Red Bulls' stadium (Rutty can sponsor to make up0 for their dismal performance today). I wouldn't mind seeing it permanently based in Chester.

Back to college campuses maybe?

Back to college campuses maybe?
That would be best of all. The only reason for the shift to NFL sites was that the Baltimore 4 didn't want to lose a southern site when Maryland dropped out as a host. M&T Bank is the largest stadium in B'more and then the NCAA fell in love with the money because supposedly attendance at the MLax championship comes closest of non-men's basketball sports to paying for itself.

The most likely candidates should be Maryland (if they want to hold it again), UPenn, and Harvard (they're the host school in Foxboro).

i second the chester stadium. It really is a nice stadium and wired extremely well(my father did all electrical work for it). Plus it’s right down road from me only a 5-8min drive. It really cool scene with bridge and water in background.

Play at CNS!
i second the chester stadium. It really is a nice stadium and wired extremely well(my father did all electrical work for it). Plus it’s right down road from me only a 5-8min drive. It really cool scene with bridge and water in background.
I third Chester... because...because...because...because he was asst. marshall on Gunsmoke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom