NCAA Final Four Games for Sat April 6 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for Sat April 6

Got my $ back from my lost parlay with a halftime bet. Can't wait for Clingan v Edey

Clingan vs. Edey should be interesting. Clingan is more of a modern center, more mobile, hustling for rebounds, follows, pick and roll, blocking shots. Edey is more of an old school big man. Back to the basket moves and passes back out for open jumpers. It will be fun to see him take on a guy nearly his size who is a bit quicker.

Watching these teams and their player movement/offensive sets makes me want to puke. Sometimes I think our whole game plan is to roll the ball down the court and watch one guy do something while everyone else just stands there.

Hate this comment all you want. We have a long ways to go to reach this level of basketball. It’s like watching a different sport. Our talent level is so far behind.

And yet, a team we beat twice played today. The problem is, we won't have the same team next year. Will it be better or worse? I have no idea.

Watching these teams and their player movement/offensive sets makes me want to puke. Sometimes I think our whole game plan is to roll the ball down the court and watch one guy do something while everyone else just stands there.

They also had an extra defensive gear that could turn games around.

I have UConn +850!!!! And I hope to god I don’t win
You must have grabbed it earlier in the season. I grabbed Purdue in February but UConn in march before the tournament.

UCONN plays with great effort on both ends for forty minutes. Our guys wouldn’t last ten minutes playing at that pace. So unselfish on both ends. Clingam is a lot more athletic than Edey. He runs the court better and jumps a lot higher. Both are tough guys. The athletic wings for UCONN will dominate Purdue. UCONN can play straight up on Edey and can stay with everyone else. I’ll be shocked if UCONN doesn’t win easily. They are the most dominating team I’ve seen since Kentucky in 1996.

You must have grabbed it earlier in the season. I grabbed Purdue in February but UConn in march before the tournament.
I grab UConn early every year as emotional insurance. I also bet the Red Sox to win the series every year just in case those cockknockers get one. UConn paid me +1900 last year.

UConn’s roster is literally the perfect mix of players needed to win it all and blow teams out. I’ve watched a lot of college basketball for a long time and this team is one of the best I’ve ever seen. I just threw up saying all that but unfortunately it’s true

And yet, a team we beat twice played today. The problem is, we won't have the same team next year. Will it be better or worse? I have no idea.
1- we lost by 18 to that team when it mattered most.

2- That team was dominated and thoroughly outplayed by Purdue today.

3- UCONN lost 3 NBA players and 5 out of their top 8 players from last year. And they are back in the championship game.

4- again, you want to know why we are not very good. Look at the players and the plays they made tonight. Syracuse doesn’t have a player that would have started or played significant minutes on either team. The execution. The tenacity. The smart basketball plays. The offensive sets and style of play was incredible to watch.

It will be interesting to see how UConn try’s to stop Edey. If Clingan gets into foul trouble, Purdue has a chance

Edey vs Clingan: Even
Rest of UConn vs Purdue: Big advantage for UConn. IMO, Alabama and if NC State made it, there guards and wings can keep up with UConn a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom