NCAA football rules chairman reverses field | Syracusefan.com

NCAA football rules chairman reverses field

The slow down rule was only proposed by those schools that have not implemented the speed offense, such as, I don't know, Alabama. Saban was the one who practically started this whole thing.

The slow down rule was only proposed by those schools that have not implemented the speed offense, such as, I don't know, Alabama. Saban was the one who practically started this whole thing.

Glad to see that Toxic Tide doesn't get everything they want. Need to nut up!

I think Bielema was the leader of the "slow-em-down" posse.

I think Bielema was the leader of the "slow-em-down" posse.

No, it was Saban. Though Beilema did get to address the committee, along with Saban, behind closed doors... to try and force this issue. Of course no one with an opposing view point was allowed to speak... The "C" in NCAA stands for "Corrupt"

One rule they should implement is if the defense breaks the neutral zone once the offense is position it's 5 yards. This jump back rule is archaic. Nice to see the NCAA turn away the two cry babies but I'm sure those two will just figure out another way to fix the rule for next year, like having players dive and fake injuries.

Last edited:
Bielema is a slimy character. Referencing an athlete's death during a training run as evidence that the game needs to be slowed down, makes no sense. Is he really that stupid?

He said he can't stop the game if a player is injured to get them out. Duh...how about telling them to go to the ground like most injured players do.

What they should do to prevent players from faking injuries to slow down the game to rest is institute a rule that if a player goes down and is "injured" that he can't come back in right away and has to sit out 4-5 plays for evaluation.

Or maybe get a real S&C coach and condition your players to play the game the way it is today.

Bielema is what Millhouse would call a meathead. Dude is going to get his ass kicked and knows it and has to get these rules changed and will obviously stoop to anything in order to do so. Glad to see the Cal AD call him on it, seriously what an agenda seeking tool.

SmilinBob said:
Bielema is what Millhouse would call a meathead. Dude is going to get his ass kicked and knows it and has to get these rules changed and will obviously stoop to anything in order to do so. Glad to see the Cal AD call him on it, seriously what an agenda seeking tool.
It's only going to get worse. No one with smart genes is getting into this stupid sport now. In forty years it's going to be idiocracy

If Colter is right, it's time to pay football players at every level.

It's only going to get worse. No one with smart genes is getting into this stupid sport now. In forty years it's going to be idiocracy

So what you're saying is that I have to sell the Bears because in 40 years the sport will be gone?

Maybe the NCAA should advocate the speed up rule since it gets players in shape and now they will have less of a chance of a heart attack.
It's heart healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom