NCAA forgot to clear Roberson please help remind them | Syracusefan.com

NCAA forgot to clear Roberson please help remind them

Seriously though...what if there is no decision by monday? What if he isnt declared ineligible, but instead we just dont hear anything.So potentially he could be fine but the slow nature of the ncaa could cost him?

I get a funny feeling he will get cleared tonight Uconn is losing to Towson down 19-10 with 9 minutes to go in the 4th. Wonder what Marsh is up to.

Edit Make that 26 to 10 with 7 minutes left.
couchburn

Chino is now listed on the roster. Btw, look at Ennis' numbers towards the bottom of his profile.
"As a senior, averaged 20 points, 6.1 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 3.1 steals per game."
This is playing for one of the country's elite prep teams, who played many of the best. If Tyler's go-ahead three was the last shot of the game, they would have been Nat'l Champs and #1 ranked team.
http://www.suathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=mbasket

Btw peoples. Flood the contacts listed above. Swarm, swarm!
Please swarm.

How does the NCAA get away with bringing in a committee to ultimately suspend Johhny Football for a half of a game, yet can't find time to clear an eligible player?

Could this be like the John Raymon case in football last year? That was supposed to be quickly taken care of but it never was. :(

How does the NCAA get away with bringing in a committee to ultimately suspend Johhny Football for a half of a game, yet can't find time to clear an eligible player?

How do we know he is eligible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he is, I just cut to the chase. I don't fart around like the NCAA does.

Ah. Not that simple.

Sherlock bees on the case.

Attitude??

We don't know until the NCAA clears him.

I was kidding.

Serious question. Of the 1,000's of athletes that go through the NCAA Clearinghouse every year, how many are eligible and turn their supporting documentation in in a timely enough manner, are not ruled on in time to enroll in college?

Serious question. Of the 1,000's of athletes that go through the NCAA Clearinghouse every year, how many are eligible and turn their supporting documentation in in a timely enough manner, are not ruled on in time to enroll in college?

How often is the NcAA late on their documentation? Back in mid July he was ok'd to play on the Canadian tour but was held out. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/07/syracuse_recruit_tyler_roberso_2.html. Why is that? Lots of questions no answers.
"Although Roberson is not taking any summer school courses at Syracuse, he will still be able to play on the Orange's four-game tour of Canada in late August. That also means Roberson will be able to participate in the 10 practice sessions the NCAA allots teams prior to summer exhibition tours."

How often is the NcAA late on their documentation? Back in mid July he was ok'd to play in the Canadian tour but was held out. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/07/syracuse_recruit_tyler_roberso_2.html. Why is that? Lots of questions no answers.
"Although Roberson is not taking any summer school courses at Syracuse, he will still be able to play on the Orange's four-game tour of Canada in late August. That also means Roberson will be able to participate in the 10 practice sessions the NCAA allots teams prior to summer exhibition tours."

Where does that article say he was ok'd to play in Canada? What was said above by Mike was said based on the assumption that the HS summer courses he was taking would bring his GPA up enough to make him eligible. It doesn't say that happened, just that the coach. Felt he'd be OK.

Where does that article say he was ok'd to play in Canada? What was said above by Mike was said based on the assumption that the HS summer courses he was taking would bring his GPA up enough to make him eligible. It doesn't say that happened, just that the coach. Felt he'd be OK.

It looks pretty definitive to me in that article. "Although Roberson is not taking any summer school courses at Syracuse, he will still be able to play on the Orange's four-game tour of Canada in late August. That also means Roberson will be able to participate in the 10 practice sessions the NCAA allots teams prior to summer exhibition tours."

It looks pretty definitive to me in that article.

Doubtful the summer classes would be over when that was written. Those are Mikes words not him quoting someone.

is that applicable here though? I will not try to say I know the NCAA's approval process. however, based on the information provided so far it seems as though there were some things left to do to ensure he was eligible. To use an example to make my point- when underwriting a loan you get information in pieces and often have the applicant do some additional things to qualify be it pay off some debt etc. The work to underwrite the loan is 95% complete pending that final piece. You get that final piece and quickly turn around an answer. Are NCAA caseworkers waiting to evaluate after they have everything?

of course no one can answer that but it drives at the point of what sense does it make for something to be pushed out to the very end when its just finishing up the application so to speak. Outside of this- maybe a decision has been rendered and it just isn't public etc. that would make more sense. i can only wish the best for tyler if he is deemed ineligible.

Final thought- if the website is the only means to communicate approval or denial to something kids are banking on to make key life decisions that is really disappointing.

The article was written on the 16th and he finished course work on the 25th.
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/07/syracuse_recruit_tyler_roberso_3.html but the story is changed to status uncertain for Canadian tour.
"It remains to be seen if Roberson will be able to join the Syracuse basketball team on its four-game tour of Canada in August. Syracuse is playing two games in Montreal on Aug. 21-22 and two in Ottawa on Aug. 23-24. The NCAA must approve"
Very strange, sounds pretty wishy washy to me. All of a sudden the NCAA must approve?