NCAA Grants Cam McCormick an Eighth & Ninth Year of Eligibility | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Grants Cam McCormick an Eighth & Ninth Year of Eligibility

59b84b36-9817-4653-a7dc-2a25544fb11c

This is just silly

"If he returns to UO, McCormick, who has already earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees, said he’d likely take classes in business or yoga or pursue internships to fulfill the academic requirements."

This is just silly

"If he returns to UO, McCormick, who has already earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees, said he’d likely take classes in business or yoga or pursue internships to fulfill the academic requirements."
Academic requirements? Are those things still around? :rolleyes:

I personally love the kids getting extra years.

My son Jed, "Mr. Boots" to many old-timers here that remember him as a toddler at the spring games in his yellow boots, is a SR pitcher at Le Moyne using just his 2nd year of eligibility this next season thanks to Covid and a medical redshirt.

He is a good student (double major in finance and analytics) and is a 6'4" righty topping out in the low 90s at this point so the plan is for him to keep pitching and get his masters.

I remember when the coach wanted to talk to him about the redshirt in 2021 and the overall plan so Jed called to ask for my input. I asked if the coach was for it, which he was, and I said, "I don't see any downside here, how about you Dr. Boyle PhD.?" That was the end of that short conversation. Jed says he will be teaching his classes by the time he leaves.

He loves the school, loves the team and the relationships so it seems to be a great overall win/win. Plus, more games for the family to watch!! He is a character on the mound, definitely has a fun personality, not likely that much fun for some of the batters but fun for us.

I personally love the kids getting extra years.

My son Jed, "Mr. Boots" to many old-timers here that remember him as a toddler at the spring games in his yellow boots, is a SR pitcher at Le Moyne using just his 2nd year of eligibility this next season thanks to Covid and a medical redshirt.

He is a good student (double major in finance and analytics) and is a 6'4" righty topping out in the low 90s at this point so the plan is for him to keep pitching and get his masters.

I remember when the coach wanted to talk to him about the redshirt in 2021 and the overall plan so Jed called to ask for my input. I asked if the coach was for it, which he was, and I said, "I don't see any downside here, how about you Dr. Boyle PhD.?" That was the end of that short conversation. Jed says he will be teaching his classes by the time he leaves.

He loves the school, loves the team and the relationships so it seems to be a great overall win/win. Plus, more games for the family to watch!! He is a character on the mound, definitely has a fun personality, not likely that much fun for some of the batters but fun for us.
My son, due to redshirting and Covid, will be a grad student next year with 2 years of eligibility.

I don't think we need to worry about this guy being physically mature. Get him on campus next week.