NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

So this means... Baylor made tough shots, and Gonzaga's defense gives up a lot of good shots?
It means that Baylor made tough shots and that UCLA made tough shots. Gonzaga will make Baylor take tough twos tonight.

It means that Baylor made tough shots and that UCLA made tough shots. Gonzaga will make Baylor take tough twos tonight.
I think Baylor will make Gonzaga work harder than vice versa.

Should be a game.

I think Baylor will make Gonzaga work harder than vice versa.

Should be a game.
Agreed, I'm excited.

Gonzaga is the best college team I've ever seen and I've had a fan crush on them since I watched the Morrison teams when I was a kid so I hope they pull it off.

Interesting cuz I'm seeing the opposite. Whether it's ESPN, VSIN, this board, other outlets, I'm hearing very few people make the case for Baylor. It's amazed me how many have been sleeping on Baylor for a while now. I watch them play and I see the most complete team in the country - three point shooting, guard play, defense, depth etc. I guess we'll know for sure in about eight hours.
You’re going down beeps. Resign yourself to it now!!

I think the game is going to come down to rebounding. Baylor gets a lot of second chance points, but Gonzaga gives up very few offensive rebounds. On the other end Baylor struggles to defensive rebound and Gonzaga gets a lot of offensive rebounds themself. Gonzaga has the 2 best players in Timme and Suggs too. Baylor obviously has more depth.
Statistically that's true but Baylor just faced the best offensive rebounding team in the country on Saturday and more than held their own on the boards. I agree on Suggs. He's dynamite. I prefer two way players like him along with Mitchell and Butler.

I think it will be in Gonzaga's best interests to guard the three point line cuz they're playing the best three point shooting team in the country, one that has five different guys that can hit threes.

Agreed, I'm excited.

Gonzaga is the best college team I've ever seen and I've had a fan crush on them since I watched the Morrison teams when I was a kid so I hope they pull it off.
I'd have to take the 2018 Villanova team in this century. Easily. They won all six games by double digits. I believe they hit 18 3s in the final against Michigan. Gonzaga has a great team but part of the reason I can't get there is they played in a cupcake league. That's not their fault but if they played in a tough league they'd have some Ls and we wouldn't be talking about them as some all time great team. They're fortunate to be playing tonight.

I'd have to take the 2018 Villanova team in this century. Easily. They won all six games by double digits. I believe they hit 18 3s in the final against Michigan. Gonzaga has a great team but part of the reason I can't get there is they played in a cupcake league. That's not their fault but if they played in a tough league they'd have some Ls and we wouldn't be talking about them as some all time great team. They're fortunate to be playing tonight.

They're the best KenPom team of all time

They're the best KenPom team of all time
Just even starting with the 1980s I think IU (1981), UNC (1982) and Georgetown (1984) would treat the Zags like lunch meat. But maybe kenpom wasn't alive back then.

Just even starting with the 1980s I think IU (1981), UNC (1982) and Georgetown (1984) would treat the Zags like lunch meat. But maybe kenpom wasn't alive back then.

He wasn't. Early 2000s.

Separate threads for the Zags fans and the haters???

Still 2h 30m til gametime. I mean slap me on the ass. Sheesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom