NCAA/NIT Ticket Info (From SU) | Syracusefan.com

NCAA/NIT Ticket Info (From SU)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
We are making preparations for our Syracuse men’s basketball team’s post-season experience. This email contains information you will need if you wish to purchase tickets to follow the Orange in the NCAA Tournament or the National Invitation Tournament (NIT).

On Sunday night, March 12 we will learn where the men's basketball team will play. Specific information on opponents, dates, times, location and prices will be available at www.Cuse.com as soon as it is announced. The following general procedures will be in place:

NCAA Tournament
If Syracuse is selected to play in the 2017 NCAA Tournament, all Orange Club members and season ticket holders with Priority Points of 1,000 and above will have the first opportunity to request tickets for the First and Second rounds.** Those patrons will use their MyCuse account to request tickets starting at 10:00 pm Sunday night. (They will receive an email with game details and an order link that evening.)

If tickets remain at Noon on Monday, March 13, all Orange Club members and season ticket holders with Priority Points of 999 and below will be able to request tickets for the First and Second rounds via their MyCuse account or at the Carrier Dome Box Office. **

At 3:00 pm, if tickets still remain, they will be available to the general public at the Carrier Dome Box Office only.

** Please note, if Syracuse is selected to play in the First Four games in Dayton, there will not be a public ticket sale. The ticket request process referred to above is for First and Second rounds only.

NIT Tournament
If Syracuse is selected to play in the 2017 Men's Basketball NIT Tournament and host a first round game, all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis (a patron's usual season ticket locations will not be reserved due to the short turnaround time) beginning at 11:00 pm Sunday night. Tickets start at $15 for adults and $5 for youth age 12 and under.

All ticket sales will be conducted online through your MyCuse account and patrons will have the option to print their tickets via the Print@Home or Mobile delivery methods only.

Please contact our box office with any questions you may have. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Our phone number is 888-DOME-TIX (366-3692), option "zero".

We appreciate your support of the Orange!

The Carrier Dome Box Office

NIT should be free
I think $10 for adults and $5 for kids is the sweet spot. I hope we can get 15k in there if we get the NIT. We should be a #1 seed and could host 3 games. My feelings if we get the NIT...embrace it and win it.

BTW, there is no incentive for SU to fleece the locals...the total money pot goes into a pool for all the teams (at least that is how they did it the last time). SU shouldn't worry about maximizing profits. At $10 it would be a nice marketing opportunity to allow fans a chance to sit in better seats or new fans see their first game of the year.

We should be a #1 seed and could host 3 games.
I'm not sure we would be a #1 seed. Once before when we were on the bubble (maybe 06-07) we went as a #2 seed. I think the NIT committee confirms all of their one seeds and holds some other spots for NCAA bubble teams that don't make it. I would love to hear how those behind the scene phone calls sound that are going on right now.

NIT committee: Coach, we would be honored to have Syracuse participate in the NIT this year.
JAB: F#ck the NIT!!!
NIT committee: Seriously Coach. If Syracuse does not make the NCAA this season, we would like to extend an invitation.
JAB: F#ck the NIT!!!
NIT committee: Coach Boeheim, this is the last time we are going to ask you, will you accept an invitation to the NIT if you don't make the NCAA's.
JAB: Of course we will, but F#ck the NIT!!! and I'm not leaving New York State so don't even try.

$15 for the NIT, then parking. Nice. $40 bucks to get in.

I'm not seeing tickets at Cuse.com. Can anyone help a guy out?

Edit: Found on ticketmaster

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom