NCAA Report | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Report

xc84

Living Legend
Poster on P-S site alluding to the report being out. Anyone hear anything reliable about it? Also, is shortening "scholarships" to "ships" groovier than the term "schollies"?

BringBackTheSaltineWarrior 38 minutes ago
D-Day is on the horizon folks...Report should be released early next week...Apparently the AD, President, and chancellor have already seen the report findings...Rumors from PS workers say close to 20 violations, majority being within the basketball program...Post season ban and loss of Ships', because of the "lack of institutional control" within the Athletic Department

Another by the same poster:
Hey Bud...How'd you like those report findings? While your writers are sitting there trying to get another source to prove the findings i heard your reaction to the news was priceless...I believe dumb founded was the word used... Still a Gross supporter? Not after we get hit with " lack of institutional control"..You and i both know D Day is VERY close

and another:
Sanctions are upon us my friends..PS sources claiming " lack of institutional control"...Rumor mill is swilling @ PS and up on Campus

I like 'ships, personally.

This would seem to run counter to what the rumors have been so far.

I saw what the OP stated. I said I wasn't going to comment, but... where Carlson this week?

shouldnt have given him a tractor...
images

If there is a post season ban that could really hurt this program. I agree losing scholarships would not hurt too much but if it's as bad as the OPs quote states it could be bad.

We should just counter with we had institutional control, we just don't give a **** any more after seeing what UNC gets away with!

Plus, we had Fab Melo. You try having institutional control over that.

If true and SU does pick up NCAA sanctions I would place the blame squarely on Boeheim. He's at the top and should take responsibility for how the program is run.
Eh. Depends on the report. So far I feel like it's a witch hunt.

The general tenor of the comments made by the poster on the PS site isn't that of a connected player. I hope he's just a ****-stirrer.

apparently they are still on us about the bernie fine case as well, just leave the university alone about it and go bother fine instead, it gets old. 100% of the events took place off campus. Were all tired of hearing about it.

Look, it is impossible to keep a secret. If it was out, we would know it.

If we do lose a post season or two, can the current commits back out?