NCAA Rules Committee discusses widening lane, moving back 3-point line | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Rules Committee discusses widening lane, moving back 3-point line

Maybe I should clarify what I said a bit. I don't want college to adopt an NBA rule "just because it's an NBA rule"; far, far too many people want that. I enjoy the fiction we have now. I don't want an open acknowledgement that college is the NBA farm system and simply use the same rules the NBA has. I have not tuned in for a single second of an NBA game this season and will not for the foreseeable future. I guess I'm spoiled by lacrosse because I'd like to see football and basketball operate somewhere along the spectrum between the Ivy model and what we have now. However, I know that would require the two leagues to form minor league systems a la' baseball, something they are loathe to do.

Do yourself a favor and watch the Warriors.;)

So instead of enforcing the rules they have and calling T's on the coach they make the box bigger. That means the serious offenders will now follow the teams up and down the court. Some of these coaches are already the 6th defender.

So instead of enforcing the rules they have and calling T's on the coach they make the box bigger. That means the serious offenders will now follow the teams up and down the court. Some of these coaches are already the 6th defender.
giphy.gif

• A legal screen was redefined to require that the inside of the screener’s feet be no wider than his shoulders.
How about adding in that an offensive player cannot move and set an illegal screen PERIOD! I hate this when teams screen our guys out against the 2-3 at the top and are moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom