NCAA to announce 4 years of tournament sites at 1pm | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to announce 4 years of tournament sites at 1pm

Maybe the refurbished Nassau Coliseum as well.

You need an arena that has luxury boxes and seats atleast 12k.
Buffalo, Albany, Rochester could have a chance if they bid for first and second round games.

Syracuse, MSG could get regionals

The interesting thing will be does the NCAA give NC any sites.

You need an arena that has luxury boxes and seats atleast 12k.
Buffalo, Albany, Rochester could have a chance if they bid for first and second round games.

Syracuse, MSG could get regionals

The interesting thing will be does the NCAA give NC any sites.
Good point, if the NCAA backs down on this, it might be telling on how they will handle UNC's sanctions.

Hofstra and Stony Brook, who will play each other in their annual Long Island rivalry game Tuesday night, both will regularly face national-caliber teams as part of an ambitious plan for college basketball at the new Nassau Coliseum.

The plan also includes a recently filed application to host the opening rounds of the 2019 NCAA Tournament and an effort to attract major conference tournaments, according to Brett Yormark.

Coliseum’s big college basketball dream

Hofstra and Stony Brook, who will play each other in their annual Long Island rivalry game Tuesday night, both will regularly face national-caliber teams as part of an ambitious plan for college basketball at the new Nassau Coliseum.

The plan also includes a recently filed application to host the opening rounds of the 2019 NCAA Tournament and an effort to attract major conference tournaments, according to Brett Yormark.

Coliseum’s big college basketball dream
I hope they get it. Any site in NY is good for us.

I wonder if this announcement is a big game changer for Hockey.. Some serious discussion about going back to on campus for first round games Which I think is the way hockey should be.

I saw Bruce Springsteen there in 1975, and my first concert, Bachman Turner Overdrive, in 72 or 73.
Nice, I also saw David Lee Roth and Aerosmith there in the late 80's. I want to say the opening acts were Tesla (for sure) and Faster Pussycat.

2019 MarchMadness sites

First Four: Dayton

1st/2nd Rounds
Columbia
Hartford
Columbus
Des Moines
Tulsa
Jacksonville
Salt Lake City
Seattle

Regionals
Washington, DC
Kansas City
Louisville
Anaheim

Final Four
Minneapolis

Future NCAA Championships Site Selections released

Congrats to Albany they got 2020 first and second rounds.

Buffalo got 2022/

No Syracuse

MSG got a regional in 2020.

Hartford is back in the rotation.
Albany also got the Women's Regional in 2019. Hartford also got the LAX championships for two years as well.

May 25-27, 2019 DI, DII, DII M Lacrosse Championships Drexel Philadelphia PA Lincoln Financial Field
May 23-25, 2020 DI, DII, DII M Lacrosse Championships Drexel Philadelphia PA Lincoln Financial Field
May 29-31, 2021 DI, DII, DII M Lacrosse Championships Fairfield East Hartford CT Rentschler Field
May 28-30, 2022 DI, DII, DII M Lacrosse Championships Fairfield East Hartford CT Rentschler Field

2020 MarchMadness sites

1st/2nd Rounds
Albany
Cleveland
St. Louis
Omaha
Greensboro
Tampa
Sacramento
Spokane

Regionals
New York City
Indianapolis
Houston
Los Angeles

Final Four
Atlanta

2021 MarchMadness sites

1st/2nd Rounds
Providence
Detroit
Wichita
Lexington
Dallas
Raleigh
San Jose
Boise

Regionals
Brooklyn
Minneapolis
Denver
Memphis

Final Four
Indianapolis

2022 MarchMadness sites

1st/2nd Rds
Portland
Milwaukee
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Fort Worth
Greenville
San Diego

Regionals
Philadelphia
Chicago
San Antonio
San Francisco

Final Four
New Orleans

Only 2 NC sites in 4 years and no NC regionals.

They didn't get a NC site every year like it almost was.

Only 2 NC sites in 4 years and no NC regionals.

They didn't get a NC site every year like it almost was.
South Carolina got the other two years so no one can cry too much for them. But, like you said, no regionals.

Future NCAA Championships Site Selections released

Congrats to Albany they got 2020 first and second rounds.

Buffalo got 2022/

No Syracuse

MSG got a regional in 2020.

Hartford is back in the rotation.
I will bet that Syracuse did not submit a bid because they want the Dome available for renovation work as soon as the regular season for basketball ends for foreseeable future.

I hope that is the reason anyway...

I will bet that Syracuse did not submit a bid because they want the Dome available for renovation work as soon as the regular season for basketball ends for foreseeable future.

I hope that is the reason anyway...

Every time we get games here, the NCAA puts SU into the other same day bracket anyways.