NCAA to announce 4 years of tournament sites at 1pm | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to announce 4 years of tournament sites at 1pm

I think they should always be in fun cities. There is a day off between games after all. I was being lazy with the South and went with markets. I have heard good things about Charlotte, Memphis, Austin so maybe those should be the venues. LA sucks but it is a major market so TV will likely want regionals there.

I have been to New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta and the experiences were night and day. Houston and Atlanta suck and should never hold a Final Four again. Neither should Minnesota, Detroit, or Phoenix.
Definitely wrong about Phoenix.

It's about having a place big enough to fill the thing and having a lot of hotels that are reasonable priced. Not how fun the city is. I'm glad they are coming back to Seattle for rounds 1/2. It was a complete cluster the last time so hopefully it goes better this time.

Way way wrong on Phoenix.

Only been to the Valley 2x, stayed in nice places, but it didn't exactly seem walkable. I don't see most the board denizens hiking Camelback between the Sat and Mon games...

Only been to the Valley 2x, stayed in nice places, but it didn't exactly seem walkable. I don't see most the board denizens hiking Camelback between the Sat and Mon games...
No but on Sunday they had a Dbacks game, a Suns game, a free Aerosmith concert, Fan Fest and a huge crafts fair in Tempe. Not to mention 85 and sunny weather.

No but on Sunday they had a Dbacks game, a Suns game, a free Aerosmith concert, Fan Fest and a huge crafts fair in Tempe. Not to mention 85 and sunny weather.

Sure - it just seems like the place where you have to drive 20 minutes for a gallon of milk. New Orleans, Indy is all walkable.

As are real cities without Domes but that's a different story.

Who gives a shite if you run into anyone that is Cuse. I would go for the golf... spring training... festivals... and hot arse women!

Who gives a shite if you run into anyone that is Cuse. I would go for the golf... spring training... festivals... and hot arse women!

Not my point. Just doesn't seem walkable, bunch of islands. Would love to be proved wrong

FB_IMG_1492831862636.jpg
Not my point. Just doesn't seem walkable, bunch of islands. Would love to be proved wrong

I was just looking at the prior regionals and I stumbled upon the fact that the Meadowlands was given the East Regional final for 6 straight years 1986-1991 and 8 of 10 years total from 1986-1995. This seems strange considering all the alternatives from the East coast(Boston, Philly, DC, Dome). Does anybody remember the rational behind this?

I was just looking at the prior regionals and I stumbled upon the fact that the Meadowlands was given the East Regional final for 6 straight years 1986-1991 and 8 of 10 years total from 1986-1995. This seems strange considering all the alternatives from the East coast(Boston, Philly, DC, Dome). Does anybody remember the rational behind this?

Was Boston the old Garden? D.C. had the cap center in Landover which was a rotten location also.

Was Boston the old Garden? D.C. had the cap center in Landover which was a rotten location also.

I think it's cool that SU was part of the last final four (1996) played at a basketball arena. Any SU students from that era make a killing scalping your tix?

Have you been downtown? That is where most of the stuff was centered. I was there on Sunday. I watched the women's final game in an absolutely packed sports bar. At least 10 Syracuse fans or residents came over to me as I had on a Syracuse tshirt. I went to the concert, although I was invited to a private party in a loft overlooking the park, and watched the concert from there. The streets were full of people. When I walked from the sports bar to the concert, I got stopped several times by people who were from Syracuse. The South Carolina hotel had set up an entire outdoor tv/sports bar type of venue for their fans to watch the women win the tournament. They were still going wild when I walked past. There were several hundred people at that hotel area from South Carolina.
Some people I know played golf that day, or sat by the pool. It was 85 here, and probably 35 in Syracuse. Probably 45 in Indianapolis.
I had to run and get on the light rail after the concert before the lines got long. The Diamondbacks and the Suns were both playing downtown also that day. I was in Atlanta for the Final Four. I would say, downtown Phoenix was more active than Atlanta was on Sunday. Atlanta was downright dead until 5pm when the concert started.
Downtown has grown tremendously in the past 5 years. Since the last super bowl was here (2 years) it has probably almost doubled with what is going on there. There are a ton of hotels, part of the ASU and U of A campuses moved there. The restaurants are some of the best around.
Then there is Old Town Scottsdale. I don't even venture near there in March. I can take 2 hours to find a parking space. This carried over into the tournament time.
Let me remind you that I lived in NJ, went into Manhattan all the time, but keep away from the crowds in Scottsdale.
I also went to see Alexis Peterson in the 3 point shooting contest on Thursday. I tried to meet up with Eric Devendorf, who loved Phoenix/Scottsdale. Said it was an incredibly cool place. He did go back on Sunday with the rest of the coaching staff.

I'd be interested to learn that too.

Been there a few times. Not sure why you would want to force people to go there.
because I plan on painting an X and O chart on the floor of the Eli to Tyree helmet catch, complete with a silhouette of Tyree on the ground and Harrison wrapped around him.

because I plan on painting an X and O chart on the floor of the Eli to Tyree helmet catch, complete with a silhouette of Tyree on the ground and Harrison wrapped around him.
Make sure you get this spot as well.

It all evens out.
635584882664309069-c06-uncrop-02.jpg