NCAA Tournament Will be Very Interesting | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Tournament Will be Very Interesting

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
There is no team likely to be in the tournament that can't be beaten, including SU. Predicting the final four will be a very chancy exercise. Testament to parity.

There is no team likely to be in the tournament that can't be beaten, including SU. Predicting the final four will be a very chancy exercise. Testament to parity.
Need to get a top 4 seed, so the committee is not tempted to send Albany here.

Need to get a top 4 seed, so the committee is not tempted to send Albany here.
Well, the polls aren't out yet this morning. But, it would appear that SU would need a lot of help from teams ranked above them to get to a 4 seed. Anyway, if it's not Albany it will be some other team equally capable of winning. This tourney will be a crap shoot.

Syracuse currently ranked #3 today with a first place vote.

That said, the polls have been a joke all season. I find it hard to imagine the tourney seeding will mirror the polls.

Coaches polls has SU #5

UNC (3 losses - umass, nd, duke) won 9 in a row
Cornell (2 losses - bucknell and syracuse)
Denver (3 losses - fairfield, nd, penn state)
Loyola (3 losses - maryland, duke, denver)
Syracuse (3 losses - albany, villanova, hobart)

Coaches polls has SU #5

UNC (3 losses - umass, nd, duke) won 9 in a row
Cornell (2 losses - bucknell and syracuse)
Denver (3 losses - fairfield, nd, penn state)
Loyola (3 losses - maryland, duke, denver)
Syracuse (3 losses - albany, villanova, hobart)
Hmm...even the dick, Quint, has SU ranked #3.

Well, the polls aren't out yet this morning. But, it would appear that SU would need a lot of help from teams ranked above them to get to a 4 seed. Anyway, if it's not Albany it will be some other team equally capable of winning. This tourney will be a crap shoot.

The coaches and media polls have zero correlation to the actual NCAA tourney seedings. Teams ranked #1 and 2 have been given 7 and 8 seeds in the tourney. Do not go by the polls.

SU wins both games next weekend they are a top 4 seed. Maybe even a 2 if Denver loses in ECAC. I do not see Cornell being seeded higher than SU due to head to head victory.

I think top 4 is a reality with another W over ND this week. Will be a fun tourney, I like Cuses chances as much as anyones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom