NCSt is going down | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCSt is going down

You're kidding, right?

JB has never cursed on the court?

Do you even know who "JB" is?

He needs to tone it down, I've said that since PSU, and the stuff directed at the Clemson sideline was way over the top inappropriate. That being said, none of it has anything to do with his ability or qualification to do the job.

He needs to tone it down, I've said that since PSU, and the stuff directed at the Clemson sideline was way over the top inappropriate. That being said, none of it has anything to do with his ability or qualification to do the job.

These jobs are where hard work and good fortune tend to meet. I think he'll learn from this, it's been a heck of learning curve with the schedule and new conference.

At an opposing coach, calling him a motherfukker? While being lapped on the scoreboard?

First off JB doesn't get lapped, second off he seems to save his distain for the press and the refs. He tends to respect the heck out of coaches.

..and some of his players.

But yes you are correct.

These jobs are where hard work and good fortune tend to meet. I think he'll learn from this, it's been a heck of learning curve with the schedule and new conference.

He seemed pretty contrite after what he did during the Clemson game. It's pretty uncalled for, but sometimes people get caught up in the moment and don't really mean what they say. He'll learn and get better.

No preconceived ideas here - but anyone change their mind if we comeback to win after the tirade against Dabo?

I hope you're right. The real question is this something he can learn or just who he is. Really hope they win this week, because if not as the losses mount, the pressure mounts and it's likely he'll get worse rather than better.

I hope you're right. The real question is this something he can learn or just who he is. Really hope they win this week, because if not as the losses mount, the pressure mounts and it's likely he'll get worse rather than better.

Why is it a question? Clearly you've already decided. You should post more about it.

Its hard to get it through to people that its not that we lost to NW and Clemson, its the ease in which they dismantled our secondary. Your right, problems as bad as ours dont go away in one week. I don't feel any confidence going in.

NCSt doesn't have the weapons that NW and Clemson do. They are a run heavy team that is struggling to score and can't sustain blocks. They are 95th in sacks allowed and 116th in tackles for loss allowed. SU is 15th in sacks, 17th in tackles for a loss, and 27th in run defense.

It's a much more favorable matchup than NW and Clemson.

Last edited:
A real question: Have you met the guy in person? If you have and don't think his "we'll kick 'em in the ass" persona is just schtick, I'd suggest you're not a very good reader of people.

A real question: Have you met the guy in person? If you have and don't think his "we'll kick 'em in the ass" persona is just schtick, I'd suggest you're not a very good reader of people.

Well if it's just schtick then he should be able to take GO's advice and just tone it down. Come up with a new schtick, cuz this one ain't working.

At an opposing coach, calling him a motherfukker? While being lapped on the scoreboard?

First off JB doesn't get lapped, second off he seems to save his distain for the press and the refs. He tends to respect the heck out of coaches.

JB has been "lapped" many times over the years.

So, what you're saying is that calling a ref or a member of the press an MFer is where you draw the line - once it's directed to another coach then all bets are off.

... cuz this one ain't working.
For you. Not working for you. And you are?

I bet the 17-to-22-year-olds he's recruiting or are playing for him (and who'd I'd expect to write "cuz") don't mind it, if not love it.

Jim Boeheim and the Syracuse Orange are the truth .

All Hail ORange.

Just sayin.

Their starting QB has been in a boot for a month, he hasn't practiced and he has something like three plays or three possession total under his belt. Let him play.
Well said! I think either way they have issues at QB, this guy that has started is not very good, and doesnt have the skill set their coach needs to run his offense and as you said the starter had surgery a month ago, just got out of a boot,. I find it hard to believe he will be ready to go and if they decide to play him, god bless him!

JB has been "lapped" many times over the years.

So, what you're saying is that calling a ref or a member of the press an MFer is where you draw the line - once it's directed to another coach then all bets are off.

Cursing at a coach for running a play would be stupid. JB has lit up reporters for some pretty valid reasons. And I don't think he ever actually called them a MFer.

For you. Not working for you. And you are?

I bet the 17-to-22-year-olds he's recruiting or are playing for him (and who'd I'd expect to write "cuz") don't mind it, if not love it.
Well you really don't recruit that many 20 to 22 year olds unless your desperate in all out JUCO mold. The one older guy he recruited at QB is worthless, and most people in college and pro football knew that.

And you are? I'm just a fan. He says he wants the fans to be proud and impressed, not so much.

You do work for his agent don't you?

We'll see who he recruits two years from now. As an SU fan, I hope he's winning by then. I don't expect he will. He is the ultimate Meathead football coach in an era when those guys don't win.

Well you really don't recruit that many 20 to 22 year olds unless your desperate in all out JUCO mold. The one older guy he recruited at QB is worthless, and most people in college and pro football knew that.

Say what you will about Scott Shafer, but he would never call a kid who suits up for Syracuse "worthless."

And you are? I'm just a fan. He says he wants the fans to be proud and impressed, not so much.

You do work for his agent don't you?

We'll see who he recruits two years from now. As an SU fan, I hope he's winning by then. I don't expect he will. He is the ultimate Meathead football coach in an era when those guys don't win.
I wrote "or are playing for him." Need a refresher on how coordinating conjunctions work, meathead? (Also, why can't I be his agent -- only work for that person?)

I wrote "or are playing for him." Need a refresher on how coordinating conjunctions work, meathead? (Also, why can't I be his agent -- only work for that person?)

Those playing for him only seem to be getting the unprepared, undisciplined part of the Schtick.

Yeah you could be his agent. Given that he is an old coach who never had a sniff at a HC job until Marrone blindsided Gross and he had no other options I would expect his agent is a one man band with no staff.

He is small time now, and will be small time for a long time to come.

Say what you will about Scott Shafer, but he would never call a kid who suits up for Syracuse "worthless."

Well I'm not that sentimental about a grad student getting a great free ride, who is "worthless" in terms of being a contributing football player and everyone in the business except our great new head coach knew that going in. And he held back a QB in the program who actually might have skills if developed properly.

Cry me a river for Allen. He took advantage and is getting a great deal, but he is a worthless football player.

Well I'm not that sentimental about a grad student getting a great free ride, who is "worthless" in terms of being a contributing football player and everyone in the business except our great new head coach knew that going in. And he held back a QB in the program who actually might have skills if developed properly.

Cry me a river for Allen. He took advantage and is getting a great deal, but he is a worthless football player.

Wow you are a real deuche calling a 22 year old kid worthless for not performing up to your expectations. By the way there is a clean up on aisle 6 for you.

Cursing at a coach for running a play would be stupid. JB has lit up reporters for some pretty valid reasons. And I don't think he ever actually called them a MFer.

What is the big deal about calling Dabo a MF'er, I honestly don't think it matters. The word gets used to 2,000,000 times a day. Dabo doesn't care why should anyone else. It's a word and that's it.

Wow you are a real deuche calling a 22 year old kid worthless for not performing up to your expectations. By the way there is a clean up on aisle 6 for you.

Well that's what we pay him to do.

Those playing for him only seem to be getting the unprepared, undisciplined part of the Schtick.

Yeah you could be his agent. Given that he is an old coach who never had a sniff at a HC job until Marrone blindsided Gross and he had no other options I would expect his agent is a one man band with no staff.

He is small time now, and will be small time for a long time to come.
Shafer is 46. I believe Marrone was 45 when he was hired. And Shafer had a strong whiff of the Western Michigan job last year. Lastly, if you think being the DC at Stanford and Michigan is "small time," your coaching background must be real strong.

Like a few other posters on this board, and almost all posters on Syracuse.com, you equate being critical with being wise. I for one don't think you're that bright.

Just curious, do we have any posts from you from before august 31st where you warn us how worthless Allen is or did all your expertise materialize after you saw he was struggling ? sorry meant to reply to zak atttack er i mean zone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom