ND considering full conference membership (?) Link | Syracusefan.com

ND considering full conference membership (?) Link

I don't really care where they land at this point as long as they're a full member. I don't see any sort of draw to having all other ND sports aside from football in any conference.

Sounds like reality is starting to set in for the Golden Domers. Their options as a football independent are really starting to run thin...

I don't really care where they land at this point as long as they're a full member. I don't see any sort of draw to having all other ND sports aside from football in any conference.

Disagree. As much as I hate ND Nation, they would be a feather in the cap of any conference who can get them to sign on -- as FULL members. ND football still has a national following, even though their product has been mediocre for years. And they are solid in Basketball (men's and women's) and lacrosse. Most importantly, they get TV viewership, which means $$$ for the conference members.

Adding ND to the ACC would get us over $20,000,000.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

..as previously indicated in other posts, Notre Dame belongs in the ACC...the question is how much longer before this happens and which other team becomes 16

Adding Notre Dame for all sports would be fantastic.

Not holding my breath, though...

One of my buddies told me the big 12 was working out this deal with ND not sure how true it is... Looks like ND will put all sports into the Big 12 except football the kicker is they will play 4-6 Big 12 teams every year in football … Texas and ND would look to play on Thanksgiving every year.

One of my buddies told me the big 12 was working out this deal with ND not sure how true it is... Looks like ND will put all sports into the Big 12 except football the kicker is they will play 4-6 Big 12 teams every year in football … Texas and ND would look to play on Thanksgiving every year.

Chip from Orangebloods put this out there the other day.

Disagree. As much as I hate ND Nation, they would be a feather in the cap of any conference who can get them to sign on -- as FULL members. ND football still has a national following, even though their product has been mediocre for years. And they are solid in Basketball (men's and women's) and lacrosse. Most importantly, they get TV viewership, which means $$$ for the conference members.

Oh I see the potential financial gains... more of a personal note of being tired of the golden boy indy status. I'd love to have them in the ACC, but not as much as I love them finally being forced to join somewhere regardless despite their protests.

Chip from Orangebloods put this out there the other day.

I have no idea who that is but good stuff. My buddy JT is a huge UM fan so not sure where he got it from I doubt he was reading anything Orange related lol

I have no idea who that is but good stuff. My buddy JT is a huge UM fan so not sure where he got it from I doubt he was reading anything Orange related lol

Chip Brown writes a Texas blog.

Orangebloods is a Texas blogger. Nothing to do with SU. Remember...UT thinks their color is orange. The rest of the world considers it "burnt orange".

the best thing ANY conference should do, is not take them unless they are in all the way.--they are at the cross roads, close the deal, they know it , the glow is off the dome--they need to get in or get out, and a national boycott not to scheduel them for any bcs member. that is the only way they will respect the rest of the nation.

Why would anyone organize a national boycott not to schedule them? Believe me, I'm no ND fan, but they are a HUGE television draw in football. Who wouldn't want a guaranteed game on NBC (TV dollars, recruiting boost, exposure boost, etc)? Any school would be stupid not to want to play the Irish.

the best thing ANY conference should do, is not take them unless they are in all the way.--they are at the cross roads, close the deal, they know it , the glow is off the dome--they need to get in or get out, and a national boycott not to scheduel them for any bcs member. that is the only way they will respect the rest of the nation.

I could see a conference, even the ACC altho they say otherwise, making an agreement with ND that they are all sports except football until their NBC contract expires in 2015.

I could see a conference, even the ACC altho they say otherwise, making an agreement with ND that they are all sports except football until their NBC contract expires in 2015.
Agree. There are non-core concessions that can be made to get a deal done.

Only works if you believe they can'r renew that NBC contract (with NBC or someone else) in 2015, Otherwise ND takes a huge revenue hit. I think they can renew for less than they get right now but more then they'd get from a conference share. The bigger issue is that they may not have a home for non-FB in short order. That is the tipping point for them.

There is no reason for ND to join a conference. RUMORS are out now that with Dick Ebersol out at NBC and Comcast in charge that NBC might not keep ND beyond their current deal when it expires in 2015. Dick was the man behind ND and the support might not still be there. But fact is if NBC dropped ND, you would have CBS, FOX, and ABC/ESPN lined up to give them the same exact deal.

So now it comes down to where does ND put its other sports. And trust me, you will have the new Big 12 or a b'ball only Big East (which I think its the way its going at this point) more than willing to give ND what it wants for everything else.

Until ND has a reason to join a conference, it won't. And there still isn't a reason.

Adding Notre Dame for all sports would be fantastic.

Not holding my breath, though...

Notre Dame is a strong fit with the Catholic schools in the Big East. They'd also be a strong fit in terms of tradition / geographic proximity / rivalries with the schools in the Big 10.

I'm not sure that they'd have either in the ACC.

NBC will resign Notre Dame...and they'll resign them to a HUGE contract.

With networks drooling over live sporting events, why would they want to give up the biggest name in college athletics? I could totally see ND getting a contract in the neighborhood of $35M per year from NBC.

Only works if you believe they can'r renew that NBC contract (with NBC or someone else) in 2015, Otherwise ND takes a huge revenue hit. I think they can renew for less than they get right now but more then they'd get from a conference share. The bigger issue is that they may not have a home for non-FB in short order. That is the tipping point for them.

Their NBC contract could be offset by football money they would get from the ACC, money from the ACC championship game plus any other monies the ACC would give to a full football member from other bowl participation's etc. Plus the ACC TV money it could be the same, maybe even more.

There is no reason for ND to join a conference. RUMORS are out now that with Dick Ebersol out at NBC and Comcast in charge that NBC might not keep ND beyond their current deal when it expires in 2015. Dick was the man behind ND and the support might not still be there. But fact is if NBC dropped ND, you would have CBS, FOX, and ABC/ESPN lined up to give them the same exact deal.

So now it comes down to where does ND put its other sports. And trust me, you will have the new Big 12 or a b'ball only Big East (which I think its the way its going at this point) more than willing to give ND what it wants for everything else.

Until ND has a reason to join a conference, it won't. And there still isn't a reason.

Today yes. Tomorrow not so much. So what bowl tie ins will ND have if the BE no longer has football tomorrow?