ND Game Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

ND Game Thread...

No, the point the dude made was that he was glad there was no anxiety due to no bubble. Someone can quote the OP if necessary, but some of us disagree.

At this point as a famous politician once said WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

My first thought, but playing a defense they don't play in the NBA and these offensive sets will turn some guys off big time.
The offensive sets are a problem now too? Why can't we ever just admit that the players are not good enough?

At this point as a famous politician once said WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

It meant lives that were murdered, so this isnt quite as bad. The point is we're discussing that we'd rather have bubble anxiety than meaningless games and no anxiety.

I think it's more of a perceived disadvantage to some than it is an actual disadvantage.

Wes Johnson is in the league for his defense. Jermai Grant is a big part of OKC's rotation for his defense. Jason Hart hung around for a decade because of his defense. Etan Thomas played a long time and made a lot of money because of his defense. Waiters got big minutes for OKC because he played defense for them.

I just think there has to be some sort of adjustment. Not saying it's a big deal.

The offensive sets are a problem now too? Why can't we ever just admit that the players are not good enough?

Just now it's a problem?

It's been a problem for 4 years. We had trouble scoring when Ennis was rocking this team to 25-0.

It meant lives that were murdered, so this isnt quite as bad. The point is we're discussing that we'd rather have bubble anxiety than meaningless games and no anxiety.

Fair enough but it's kindofa moot point now.

Yeah he's really essential to that great season we're having.

You didn't answer the question though. Somebody had to be out there.

The only other option is to play Gillon, Howard, and Battle at the same time...which seems like a worse option to me.

Yeah he's really essential to that great season we're having.

I don't disagree that he's not what we need but we literally have nobody else. I'd rather have him at the 3 than White and Gillon in the front court and Battle at the 3.

The only other option is to play Gillon, Howard, and Battle at the same time...which seems like a worse option to me.

I don't disagree that he's not what we need but we literally have nobody else. I'd rather have him at the 3 than White and Gillon in the front court and Battle at the 3.

Damnit, I owe you a coke now.

Some institutions(like the Buffalo Bills) are CURSED. This is a smaller version, so that's reason to show some gratitude, you ingrates! lol

It certainly is a worse option but when you're getting curb-stomped by 20 does it really matter?

Fair enough but it's kindofa moot point now.

I guess, but its just that a poster I wont name(because I dont remember, i dont make these personal), said he felt better there was no anxiety. lol I guess I dipped to this level and if I was a kid would have called him a loser for that mentality. I'll let it go now, but you caught it at it's end, so I just wanted to clarify why it started was all. Youre right though.

Well kind of, if you think there is no hope the light switch will come on. Like another famous politician who actually won said... "Hope". ;)

It certainly is a worse option but when you're getting curb-stomped by 20 does it really matter?

If we had somebody that's worse but is young and could use the minutes(like Moyer) I'd agree. We don't have anyone else that's a SF. Battle is getting all the minutes he needs at this point, and at his actual best position. I'd rather have him playing SG than sliding out of position to SF just to bench White. That wouldn't be doing anything for Battle, and it wouldn't make our team better so what's the point?

If we had somebody that's worse but is young and could use the minutes(like Moyer) I'd agree. We don't have anyone else that's a SF. Battle is getting all the minutes he needs at this point, and at his actual best position. I'd rather have him playing SG than sliding out of position to SF just to bench White. That wouldn't be doing anything for Battle, and it wouldn't make our team better so what's the point?

You make some very good points. Here's mine - when the other SU players watch White not hustle or play piss-poor D yet he doesn't come out of the game then it sends a bad signal to everybody else. Not trying to blame White for this debacle of a season but if he has blatant periods of non-hustle/non-D then he needs to sit down. So you lose by 25 instead of 18.

I think it's more of a perceived disadvantage to some than it is an actual disadvantage.

Wes Johnson is in the league for his defense. Jermai Grant is a big part of OKC's rotation for his defense. Jason Hart hung around for a decade because of his defense. Etan Thomas played a long time and made a lot of money because of his defense. Waiters got big minutes for OKC because he played defense for them.
Maybe, but it's certainly not an advantage for moving forward to the NBA...

Maybe, but it's certainly not an advantage for moving forward to the NBA...

I'd say that it really doesn't matter either way. The NBA drafts regularly guys who didn't go to college or guys who came off the bench in college. I think they're looking at athleticism, measurables, and skill sets, not what guys learned in college. College and NBA man to man's aren't the same anyway. Different games.

It looks like DC could be effective with more time... JB was going on about his practice performance, but he looks like once he gets in the rhythm he could definitely hold his own depending on the matchup.
He can't play defense!!! Can't jump. Bad hands. Of course, the only 3 players I see that can play defense are Roberson, Battle and Lydon. Howard is almost NEVER in the correct defensive position, giving up more 3s than I could count. Gillon too short. Thompson simply can't pick up the zone defense. White is almost as lost as Howard at times. After the solid games against Miami, Pitt, BC, and even VT, I thought this team was on the right track. Now? 8 wins in the ACC would make for a successful season. And next year?

Last edited:
He can't play defense!!! Can't jump. Bad hands. Of course, the only 3 players I see that can play defense are Roberson, Battle and Lydon. Howard is almost NEVER in the correct defensive position, giving up more 3s than I could count. Gillon too short. Thompson simply can't pick up the zone defense. White is almost as lost as Howard at times. After the solid games against Miami, Pitt, BC, and even VT, I thought this team was on the right track. Now? 8 wins in the ACC would make for a successful season. And next year?

Battle gave up plenty of threes today as well.

I'm trying to remember the last time I thought a Syracuse basketball team just flat out sucked like this team does? Started following the team as a 10 year old in 95. Maybe the 97 team?

2002 had that bad energy vibe with the whole shumpert vs. meshaun thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom