ND Game Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

ND Game Thread...

Something liberating about not having any more anxiety about bubbles or making the Big Dance...

Huh? Something "liberating" about watching a team that sucks playing meaningless games? Couldn't disagree more. We might as well be watching open gym pickup runs at this point. Watching hoops with nothing on the line is just boring. These games can't even hold my attention.

Other than DC ;)

He did grab a few nice boards but I've never seen a 270 pound grown man get the ball ripped out of his hands or poked away as easily as DC.

My first thought, but playing a defense they don't play in the NBA and these offensive sets will turn some guys off big time.

NBA all star starters from Davidson, San Diego St, Marquette, USC, etc. I really think what college someone goes to is completely overrated in this regard. If you've got the physical ability and mental ability to learn, I don't think it matters what defense you played in college. Noted "man to man" schools like Michigan State or Pittsburgh (Howland/Dixon era) aren't exactly churning out NBA stars because they teach their guys good man to man at the college level.

Not a big fan but White is a classic case of JB overlooking numerous deficiencies because he's a scorer (some nights).
That's like three posts in a row of yours that I've liked.

Stop the insanity!!!

Not a big fan but White is a classic case of JB overlooking numerous deficiencies because he's a scorer (some nights).
There are two types of players on this team: those that you have to take the good with the bad, and those who are just bad.

At least with anxiety you feel something. Apathy sucks.

Seriously, that "no anxiety due to utter failure" being better than being on the bubble like last season? What are some of you thinking?!?! That is loser mentality!

NBA all star starters from Davidson, San Diego St, Marquette, USC, etc. I really think what college someone goes to is completely overrated in this regard. If you've got the physical ability and mental ability to learn, I don't think it matters what defense you played in college. Noted "man to man" schools like Michigan State or Pittsburgh (Howland/Dixon era) aren't exactly churning out NBA stars because they teach their guys good man to man at the college level.

I think playing all zone in college is a bit of a disadvantage for an SU player going to the pros but I agree 100% with your comment that where you played in college is very overrated.

Seriously, that "no anxiety due to utter failure" being better than being on the bubble like last season? What are some of you thinking?!?! That is loser mentality!
We are hell and gone from even the bubble; that's the point...

I disagree. I think a chunk of it is him being a 5th year transfer "win" in a tough contest. If he was a freshman or sophomore? He's be in the bench regardless of his scoring.

He's literally the only SF on the roster. Who else is he going to put in?

If he's not going to play defense and or hustle then a little pine time might get his attention. Not like it would get much worse.

We are hell and gone from even the bubble; that's the point...

No, the point the dude made was that he was glad there was no anxiety due to no bubble. Someone can quote the OP if necessary, but some of us disagree.

I think playing all zone in college is a bit of a disadvantage for an SU player going to the pros but I agree 100% with your comment that where you played in college is very overrated.

I think it's more of a perceived disadvantage to some than it is an actual disadvantage.

Wes Johnson is in the league for his defense. Jermai Grant is a big part of OKC's rotation for his defense. Jason Hart hung around for a decade because of his defense. Etan Thomas played a long time and made a lot of money because of his defense. Waiters got big minutes for OKC because he played defense for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom