ND post game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND post game

Base
I couldn’t figure that out either. We weren’t close enough to anybody to have committed a foul. Unless he was complaining there was a foul in the pile of bodies going for the rebound?
Based on the prior possessions, I think he wanted a time-out before the shot and didn’t get it.

What was shrewsberry flipping out about at the end?
They showed the replay of Burton’s deep 3 attempt and I was watching to see if he had space to land. Then the camera quickly went to the hoop. I believe he didn’t think he had space to land. It was a deep 3 attempt.

I might be in the minority here, but Red has been really bad in many games. This team has blown huge leads in a few games which is coaching. We have played a good 40 minute game twice all season against UNC and Oregon. A win is a win, but having a 29 point lead evaporate against a 10 win team should be alarming. He was outcoached and ND was getting whatever they wanted the last 15 minutes. I like Red and think overall he has been okay, but I don’t get the praise. Still wait and see for me.

Yup. It's like JB said in his guest stint, this Notre Dame team started slow, but really is quite good, maybe even elite if you do an advanced deep dive into the metrics. They were on the road, and they were hungry. We did exactly what we needed to do to win.

Built that 29 point lead and then won by 3. End of story. That's why you build a 29 point cushion in the first place!!!!!
I was really impressed by their spacing.

Sorry, masterclass in how to take the half off on defense and still eek out a win, lol !
3rd win since you said we wouldn't win another game. A little credit??? I was going to offer you a bet and set the over under at 3. Of course I had us losing to UNC, N.C. St. and winning at G -tech and ND. And Va Tech. Which remains to be seen if I can be wrong on 4 games instead of 3

A historic choke L would have ruined JB Day. So at least we got the win. But . . .
-Bell had a historically bad half of defense.
-Judah let Burton repeatedly go to his right with no adjustment. Also complained to the refs too much.
-Quadir got absolutely cooked on the perimeter defense as usual.
-JJ almost single-handedly was responsible for the ND 9-0 end of half run.
-Red got abused by Shrewsbury. Our zone led to wide open threes and he let ND target and abuse Bell. He sat JT who was playing hard d and finally moving without the ball. His worst game of the year.
-Maliq batted the ball outside the line when we were up three.
-Cuffe took a horrendous three and badly missed from the line that would have clinched it.
-Glad JB day was not ruined by a collapse. But little else to feel good about.

A historic choke L would have ruined JB Day. So at least we got the win. But . . .
-Bell had a historically bad half of defense.
-Judah let Burton repeatedly go to his right with no adjustment. Also complained to the refs too much.
-Quadir got absolutely cooked on the perimeter defense as usual.
-JJ almost single-handedly was responsible for the ND 9-0 end of half run.
-Red got abused by Shrewsbury. Our zone led to wide open threes and he let ND target and abuse Bell. He sat JT who was playing hard d and finally moving without the ball. His worst game of the year.
-Maliq batted the ball outside the line when we were up three.
-Cuffe took a horrendous three and badly missed from the line that would have clinched it.
-Glad JB day was not ruined by a collapse. But little else to feel good about.

Shorter:

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

Take the win, but did we make any adjustments in the second half?
Yeah for some reason Red had Bell guarding Burton it seemed. LOL.

Do we want Duke to beat Wake or it doesn’t matter in terms of help to us?

Assume better seeding in the ACCT is good as a general rule.

Need Red to start evolving as a coach. That was an all time bad coaching job in the second half.
Not all bad coaching, when you turn the ball over, miss foul shots, and air ball a layup and miss layups, Bell, Mintz and Copeland need to quit whining and yapping and play. Not pretty but I’ll take it, just keep winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom