ND post game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ND post game

Our roster is just what it is.
We have a bunch of limited parts that don't fit well together, have no size inside, and can't shoot reliably.

Over a 40 minute game it's clear stuff just breaks down. It's to Red's and the players credit that they have stretches where what the team can do clicks and they run away a bit.

Also I know Bell got worked defensively for a stretch but he made a huge 3 when we were only up 4, landed up with the late rebound, and was the only guy we sent up to the lane to make his foul shots.

At which point? With our foul shooting, that would’ve been a big mistake before like 6 seconds left.
Gave up a wide open one to Burton with 5 secs left.

What is better chance of happening. Hitting a wide open three or hitting first free throw, purposely missing second, getting rebound AND scoring ? Tonnnn of variance compared to just one shot.

Red better fix this, happened multiple games nos

We were never 29 pts better than ND. The game went to where it should have been. Us winning a tight game.
But we were up 29. The fact, from that moment, ND outscored us by 26 is very concerning.
NCST game was 15 pts, but they were also at home. 29 points is a different story

Salute to the staff for adding some nice wrinkles on O today. I saw some back screens to set up Bell in the corner and some baseline cuts for Taylor that led to points.

Salute to all the former players for returning to the JMAD, including Roosevelt Bouie, who was rocking an orange Batavia Downs pullover. If I can’t be in the Dome watching a blowout Orange victory, there’s no other place in upstate NY I’d rather be than Batavia Downs!

Salute to the entire squad for making sure nobody in the crowd left the Dome early and holding on for a 3-point victory against arguably the greatest 10-17 team in NCAA history!

Excited Ric Flair GIF

But we were up 29. The fact, from that moment, ND outscored us by 26 is very concerning.
NCST game was 15 pts, but they were also at home. 29 points is a different story
Yes. But there is nothing you or I can do about it. And there are 3 regular games left. So, it is what it is. And we won. I can be happy with that. Ken Pom at us 12 -19 before the season. We are 18-10. With a team I don't like. I can live with a close win.

We have a bunch of limited parts that don't fit well together, have no size inside, and can't shoot reliably.

Over a 40 minute game it's clear stuff just breaks down. It's to Red's and the players credit that they have stretches where what the team can do clicks and they run away a bit.

Also I know Bell got worked defensively for a stretch but he made a huge 3 when we were only up 4, landed up with the late rebound, and was the only guy we sent up to the lane to make his foul shots.

Ya. We have the team that’s duct taped together to fit. That’s not changing this year.

Salute to the staff for adding some nice wrinkles on O today. I saw some back screens to set up Bell in the corner and some baseline cuts for Taylor that led to points.

Salute to all the former players for returning to the JMAD, including Roosevelt Bouie, who was rocking an orange Batavia Downs pullover. If I can’t be in the Dome watching a blowout Orange victory, there’s no other place in upstate NY I’d rather be than Batavia Downs!

Salute to the entire squad for making sure nobody in the crowd left the Dome early and holding on for a 3-point victory against arguably the greatest 10-17 team in NCAA history!

wrestler-ric-flair-woo-with-men-behind-ylkf40ul5i0ectfw.gif
Have you watched ND on film? I can't believe what I saw. They are doing things that just can't be done.

Great opportunity to improve our NET with a 20 point margin of victory. Blown.
The team defense ended with 3 minutes left in the 1st half and never returned.
NET will be exceptionally difficult to improve to a point where it gets us in NCAA tournament consideration. It’s a flawed system. Hopefully they modify it for next year.

i switched it off at the half it was so lopsided. quite stunned to see the final score.

Gave up a wide open one to Burton with 5 secs left.

What is better chance of happening. Hitting a wide open three or hitting first free throw, purposely missing second, getting rebound AND scoring ? Tonnnn of variance compared to just one shot.

Red better fix this, happened multiple games nos

I was fine with that three Burton shot. It was rushed, he wasn’t set, and it was deep (as far as I remember). You can’t foul right before that without risking fouling during the shot. So we would’ve fouled at maybe the 8 or 9 second mark and I wouldn’t have loved that.

ND wouldn’t have been in a ‘make first, miss 2nd’ situation.

I was fine with that three Burton shot. It was rushed, he wasn’t set, and it was deep (as far as I remember). You can’t foul right before that without risking fouling during the shot. So we would’ve fouled at maybe the 8 or 9 second mark and I wouldn’t have loved that.

ND wouldn’t have been in a ‘make first, miss 2nd’ situation.
Fair, I am just a huge proponent of fouling up 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom