ND post game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ND post game

Fair, I am just a huge proponent of fouling up 3

I’m not against it, just felt like the situation there made it tough. Easier to do out of a side inbounds instead of when everybody is going full speed up the court.

There was a Starling 3 pointer with 11 minutes left in the 2nd half that they didn't correct while ND added 2 scores. Even after the TV timeout, they returned to the wrong score. I'll have to watch to see if it was corrected.

Fair, I am just a huge proponent of fouling up 3
You know why you are? My easy answer to every question. What don't you want the defense to do when you are down 3 and have the last shot? You don't want them to foul you. You want a shot. So, if that is what you don't want when you are behind, that is what you should do when you are ahead.

You know why you are? My easy answer to every question. What don't you want the defense to do when you are down 3 and have the last shot? You don't want them to foul you. You want a shot. So, if that is what you don't want when you are behind, that is what you should do when you are ahead.
Facts

I will never understand these thought processes:

1) losing a lead automatically means bad coaching - if that’s the case, was Red an AMAZING coach when we were up 29, or is he only responsible when we don’t play well. There’s much more nuance it than just a good/bad split based on a result every 20 minutes.

2) everything is always based on the Syracuse team, good or bad - you do know that there is another team on the floor right? Trying to actually do things to impact as well. Notre Dame played well in the 2nd half & shot lights out from 3 in the process. Also, their freshman PG can apparently do whatever he wants with his off-arm when he drives, the shenanigans of it was stunning without a single call against him… actually the call was often in his favor. Tomfoolery at its finest.

It was not the most ideal outcome, for sure. Woulda been great to win by 30. We didn’t. We did win though, glad it happened on JB day. I’ll take it.

Last edited:
We have a bunch of limited parts that don't fit well together, have no size inside, and can't shoot reliably.

Over a 40 minute game it's clear stuff just breaks down. It's to Red's and the players credit that they have stretches where what the team can do clicks and they run away a bit.

Also I know Bell got worked defensively for a stretch but he made a huge 3 when we were only up 4, landed up with the late rebound, and was the only guy we sent up to the lane to make his foul shots.
Adding to last paragraph, he was getting cooked but that is Red and crews job to mitigate that at least a little. Judah and Bell aren't capable there, don't ask them to be. Also Bell is the only guy who's confidence never wanes, it's infuriating but needed.

Did I miss something? My kids distracted me for a minute.
Well, JB called out CB on his defense. Personally, I wish he hadn't, but hopefully CB takes it as a personal challenge and not a slight. I think CB has made strides on his effort, but he needs to really work on his defensive positioning. I am sure JB meant it as incentive to get better, because offensively, he is nice to have on the court.

Well, JB called out CB on his defense. Personally, I wish he hadn't, but hopefully CB takes it as a personal challenge and not a slight. I think CB has made strides on his effort, but he needs to really work on his defensive positioning. I am sure JB meant it as incentive to get better, because offensively, he is nice to have on the court.

During the broadcast I caught that did something happen after the game?

During the broadcast I caught that did something happen after the game?
Pretty much the last comment made in his speech during his ceremony at the Dome. I am not trying to make a big deal of it, it was just a little comment.

We played defense in the second half??? I must have missed it!
Guys are trying, but it really wasn't working. Shrewsbury (or however you spell it) had a good look at a three to tie the game. He traveled badly, but it wasn't called. It was a good job to make him reposition and he missed, but that kid is a pure shooter.

We never did get that 3 points back from the Starling FG with 11 minutes to go. So, it shouldn't have been quite that close. Also, the ND shooter traveled (we used to call it "up and down") in the last minute, and yet they retained possession.

For a certain part of that game, the core 5 sophomores played unselfishly, and really worked on defense. That's when we were up 29 toward the end of the first half.

Then we stopped working on D, and they got back into the game.

I was glad to see Justin Taylor to make a few baskets, and liked that Autry put that backdoor cut in for him. I saw more back cuts on the wing and the baseline, generally speaking, perhaps in response to Draymond Green's Twitter critique.

Starling with a great game. Mintz with a very good game. Maliq and Copeland both with good games. Bell shot well, and even scored a couple times inside the arc. He also got a couple rebounds and even a steal or two. Better floor game than usual. When Bell plays like that, it shows the kind of player he could be.

Nice win; closer than it should have been, but a good win nonetheless.

We never did get that 3 points back from the Starling FG with 11 minutes to go. So, it shouldn't have been quite that close. Also, the ND shooter traveled (we used to call it "up and down") in the last minute, and yet they retained possession.

For a certain part of that game, the core 5 sophomores played unselfishly, and really worked on defense. That's when we were up 29 toward the end of the first half.

Then we stopped working on D, and they got back into the game.

I was glad to see Justin Taylor to make a few baskets, and liked that Autry put that backdoor cut in for him. I saw more back cuts on the wing and the baseline, generally speaking, perhaps in response to Draymond Green's Twitter critique.

Starling with a great game. Mintz with a very good game. Maliq and Copeland both with good games. Bell shot well, and even scored a couple times inside the arc. He also got a couple rebounds and even a steal or two. Better floor game than usual. When Bell plays like that, it shows the kind of player he could be.

Nice win; closer than it should have been, but a good win nonetheless.
Absolutely, we are a young team, just win games. You can manipulate the stupid algorithms by using winning margins, but it is more important for us to LEARN HOW TO WIN. What works and what doesn't. We can win out!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom