Needed changes for the tourney | Syracusefan.com

Needed changes for the tourney

Lifelongcusefan

Walk On
I hope coach Boeheim decides to rethink his substitution pattern come next Thursday. This team is at its best when MCWILLIAMS gets some meaningful minutes. If we use the hockey stat of plus minus for the kid he has to have one of the best plus minus numbers on the team. It does not appear that the kid is blowing his defensive assignments or taking I'll advised shots. When he is in the game he makes the big guys so much better as he truly focuses on penetrating and getting the ball to Melo and Rac. In 2003 coach had all but buried Josh Pace but then had a change of heart. Here's hoping that we can see a little more of the January/Uconn substitution pattern. I i I Ibelieve that what makes us a Final Four contender is our not our ability to solely rely on our seniors come crunch time.

First post from a 40 year diehard fan and 10 year lurker.

I hope coach Boeheim decides to rethink his substitution pattern come next Thursday. This team is at its best when MCWILLIAMS gets some meaningful minutes. If we use the hockey stat of plus minus for the kid he has to have one of the best plus minus numbers on the team. It does not appear that the kid is blowing his defensive assignments or taking I'll advised shots. When he is in the game he makes the big guys so much better as he truly focuses on penetrating and getting the ball to Melo and Rac. In 2003 coach had all but buried Josh Pace but then had a change of heart. Here's hoping that we can see a little more of the January/Uconn substitution pattern. I i I Ibelieve that what makes us a Final Four contender is our not our ability to solely rely on our seniors come crunch time.

First post from a 40 year diehard fan and 10 year lurker.

Actually, the team is at its best when opponents aren't shooting lights out from beyond the arc, when our shots are falling, and when we control tempo.

Our guards aren't really the problem. We have no inside game, and Michael isn't going to make Fab or Rak present themselves for the ball better. We have struggled all year in the halfcourt game. MCW often gives us a spark but that is due to energy as much as anything. Most nights, two of our three guards are clicking. The 4th guard isn't going to tip the scales in most cases. Last night, 2 out of the 3 sucked. But the real story was that we got very little out of our front line at all...KJ and James were all but no-shows offensively, as was CJ (despite his rebounds). Fab specializes in putbacks, drawing charges, and getting silly goal-tending calls. He is not Arinze or Jackson offensively and that hurts when we can't knock down our jumpers.