Nerlens Noel | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens Noel

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Has Freshman Fab's sucky eagerness and last year's Baye hands. Stop calling for the ball if you've already airballed 2 shots from 3 feet.

Pretty sure he would average under 8 minutes a game by BET if he committed here.

I think Noel is pretty impressive. Looks a lot better than he did in the Maryland game.

Has Freshman Fab's sucky eagerness and last year's Baye hands. Stop calling for the ball if you've already airballed 2 shots from 3 feet.

Pretty sure he would average under 8 minutes a game by BET if he committed here.

Umm, he's got 12 points, 6 boards and 3 blocks against Duke. In his 2nd(?) game as a freshman.

Just because he didn't come here doesn't mean you have to be a nancy (my new phrase) about it.

This Poythress looks like a more powerful and explosive version of Benehan. Or a Derrick Favors-type.

noel isnt ad.. but who is.. uk's biggest challenge is guard play and depth... they are more like a sw 16 team this year

This Poythress looks like a more powerful and explosive version of Benehan. Or a Derrick Favors-type.
kid is def a beast thats for sure.. drifts too much on the perimeter but is a powerful and incredibly athletic kid

Holy ...that offensive rebound and shot by Poythress was incredible. He's dynamite.

I'm going to withhold judgment on Noel until I get BRNCUSEFRVCUSE's take.

I heard he beat him to 21 at the Malden Y in June. Dunked it right through his hair.

Actually I thought that Nerlens looked pretty good. He looks thin in the middle though and I wonder how he will fare when he comes up against bigger and stronger big men. Not saying he won't do well but it will be interesting to see how he adjusts. Unfair comparison against Duke's usual guard domination.

Umm, he's got 12 points, 6 boards and 3 blocks against Duke. In his 2nd(?) game as a freshman.

Just because he didn't come here doesn't mean you have to be a nancy (my new phrase) about it.

Ummm, real easy to armchair qb when the game is over. I posted that in the first half when he was forcing bad shots, airballing, and nearly turning the ball over every time he touched it on O. Missed the second half, so maybe he figured it out and will grow leaps and bounds this year.

As for nancies, nice reference. I thought we were going to agree to disagree? Thankfully none of your infant worries came to fruition... you were able to find the game on TV, nobody got hurt, team had a great experience, and we won. End of story.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If he committed to SU, this would be reworded as such:

Nerlens Noel has shown his incredible, elite athletic abilities so far. He is the 2nd coming of DC, probably will be better. He might be the greatest shot blocker we've ever had. He needs to continue to calling for the ball down low. I cannot believe the refs didn't call fouls when he was hacked from 3 ft away. No wonder he airballed. It is freaking bullshit.

Funny, but I'm not so sure. I don't remember reading too many posts about Fab his freshman year that read that way. In fact, more claiming bust early than anything.

how many total games in his career did Fab have that were as good as Noel's "sucky" game last night? I'll wait for you to compile the list...

how many total games in his career did Fab have that were as good as Noel's "sucky" game last night? I'll wait for you to compile the list...

Rocco was "translating" a post from when noel was struggling in the first half. He obviously picked his game up in the 2nd half, and obviously Fab was awful year 1. Perhaps I rushed to judgement in my original post, but let's not pretend I'm the only person who has been thinking this.

Noel would get manhandled by Coleman or any big that can stand their ground. Duke's interior defense was ugly. If Noel isn't less than 2 feet from the basket he is an offensive liability. Noel at the FT line is comedy as well, won't be long before hack-a-Noel starts when UK plays smaller teams.

kentucky lost the battle but won the war. they,ll be a tough out in march. great flopping quote by calipari.

Noel was 6-8 from the line last night, and the FT I saw looked fine. Did I miss something? Sarcasm detector not working?

kentucky lost the battle but won the war. they,ll be a tough out in march. great flopping quote by calipari.
Really? The war is over? And Kentucky won it?

Guess that's a wrap, boys. Pack it up, season is over.

Noel was 6-8 from the line last night, and the FT I saw looked fine. Did I miss something? Sarcasm detector not working?

5-8 if you take away that nonsense lane violation called in the first 5 minutes of the game... and there is nothing "fine" about that form. He'll be under 65% this year, hold me to it.

Kid looks like Tyson Chandler to me, and I would take that anytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom