Nerlens Noel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens Noel

Noel at the FT line is comedy as well, won't be long before hack-a-Noel starts when UK plays smaller teams.
He was 6-8 from the line last night.

Kid looks like Tyson Chandler to me, and I would take that anytime.

Yeah, I must be missing something too. He's active as hell underneath and will clearly be a lottery selection for someone in June. Sure, he's not Anthony Davis, but he looks like he is going to probably be a 13/10 guy as a frosh, with 3-4 blocks per game. Not bad.

5-8 if you take away that nonsense lane violation called in the first 5 minutes of the game... and there is nothing "fine" about that form. He'll be under 65% this year, hold me to it.

Ok, I didn't see it. I actually somehow only saw like 1 of his foul shots, it looked decent enough to me.

I was trying to find his HS FT% stats, but no luck

LOL. This board is so funny.

Especially the "Noel is fab melo freshman year raw right now." I hope people realize, fab melo freshman raw consisted of being yanked after two minutes bc he couldn't run up the floor.

Yeah, I must be missing something too. He's active as hell underneath and will clearly be a lottery selection for someone in June. Sure, he's not Anthony Davis, but he looks like he is going to probably be a 13/10 guy as a frosh, with 3-4 blocks per game. Not bad.

Yeah the whole NN vs DC2 is revisionist history. We had DC2 and were going after NN too. Noel didn't even reclassify until after DC2 committed.

Ummm, real easy to armchair qb when the game is over. I posted that in the first half when he was forcing bad shots, airballing, and nearly turning the ball over every time he touched it on O. Missed the second half, so maybe he figured it out and will grow leaps and bounds this year.

As for nancies, nice reference. I thought we were going to agree to disagree? Thankfully none of your infant worries came to fruition... you were able to find the game on TV, nobody got hurt, team had a great experience, and we won. End of story.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps, to avoid making crazy comments, you should wait until later in the game to make rash judgements like "he wouldn't see 8 MPG by the BE Tourney". LOL, ridiculous. 16 pts, 8 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 3 steals against a top ten team. I mean, I agree that he's raw but he's still bringing a lot to the table.

As for the ship "game", it was a complete waste of time. It wasn't even basketball. I'm glad the scenery was nice for those who care about that stuff, and hopefully the kids had a fun trip. In terms of bball, the game sucked hard, and was worthless.

Perhaps, to avoid making crazy comments, you should wait until later in the game to make rash judgements

Rash judgements in the middle of a game on a message board? Egad! Lighten up Francis.

And I reiterate, check out posts from other respected posters after Kentucky's last game and tell me I'm the only one who was saying similar things about Noel. He may have finished with a great line, but he sure looked raw the first 15 minutes of the game to me.

I didn't see UK's first game, but NN didn't look bad against Duke senior Mason Plumlee in his 2nd game ever. Think about that.

And I wanted him to look bad.

Alex Poythress looked like a BEAST though. The ceiling is high for this team come March, considering they were without their PG against a Duke team which is improved from last year, in my opinion.

The good thing is he isn't as great as A. Davis but he is good enought to still go pro and get picked number 1. If he really sucks then he would probably stay another year and next year would be scary to see him on that team with the talent they have coming in.

We can bump this thread when he pulling down 15 and 8 for the Bucks next season and have a good laugh.

Where are those old Harden threads? :)

We can bump this thread when he pulling down 15 and 8 for the Bucks next season and have a good laugh.

Did I say he won't be a great pro? I said I thought he was too raw this year to be a star. Maybe I was wrong, but let's not twist this into something its not.

Except the bucks are first in their division!

There is absolutely no chance that the Bucks are bad enough to get him. Hell, they're winning the Central division over the Pacers and Bulls right now.

Until Jennings and Ellis come to blows...

They've actually played very well together since the trade. They share the ball together very well and if you watch their games, you can tell that they have a ball playing together. Just because pundits in the media say that they don't think it'll work doesn't mean that it hasn't worked for them so far. They're winning the division right now despite Ersan Ilyasova playing like hot trash, and their best defensive player being out still. I'm not really sure why you think they would fight. That isn't really in their personalities. Whether their skill sets can achieve playoff success is certainly up for debate, but their personalities are a good match. The Bucks have actually become a very fun team to watch.

They've actually played very well together since the trade. They share the ball together very well and if you watch their games, you can tell that they have a ball playing together. Just because pundits in the media say that they don't think it'll work doesn't mean that it hasn't worked for them so far. They're winning the division right now despite Ersan Ilyasova playing like hot trash, and their best defensive player being out still. I'm not really sure why you think they would fight. That isn't really in their personalities. Whether their skill sets can achieve playoff success is certainly up for debate, but their personalities are a good match. The Bucks have actually become a very fun team to watch.

They have certainly been a pleasant surprise thus far. I just have my doubts about two ball dominant guards, both willing to take a lot of bad shots, playing together. We'll see how it shakes out. They have been active and interested on defense in the 2 games I watched as well.

Yeah the whole NN vs DC2 is revisionist history. We had DC2 and were going after NN too. Noel didn't even reclassify until after DC2 committed.
You don't have to say anything bad about NN to make the case that SU is better off without him. The Orange has an outstanding three man big rotation that will provide excellent interior defense in the zone system. Good as he is, I don't think that NN would bring anything significantly better on the defensive end than we have now. On the offensive end, we have a very experienced BMK who knows the system, and in DC2 we have an offensive player who is currently much superior to NN. Finally, all three of our bigs will likely be back next year (and almost certainly 2 of 3 will return), so the experience they get this year will continue to pay dividends next year. NN is a one and done, and not only would his experience not carry over to next season, the minutes that he got would slow the development of the other guys - maybe not appreciably, but possibly so. I believed, even when he was supposedly an SU lean, that the Orange would be better off (both now and in the long run) with our existing 3 man rotation rather than with a 4 man rotation featuring NN.

You don't have to say anything bad about NN to make the case that SU is better off without him. The Orange has an outstanding three man big rotation that will provide excellent interior defense in the zone system. Good as he is, I don't think that NN would bring anything significantly better on the defensive end than we have now. On the offensive end, we have a very experienced BMK who knows the system, and in DC2 we have an offensive player who is currently much superior to NN. Finally, all three of our bigs will likely be back next year (and almost certainly 2 of 3 will return), so the experience they get this year will continue to pay dividends next year. NN is a one and done, and not only would his experience not carry over to next season, the minutes that he got would slow the development of the other guys - maybe not appreciably, but possibly so. I believed, even when he was supposedly an SU lean, that the Orange would be better off (both now and in the long run) with our existing 3 man rotation rather than with a 4 man rotation featuring NN.

I believe BMK was going RS and I liked the idea of him taking a year to get stronger, but I agree with everything else you stated. Still the idea that Nerlens sucks or is not all of that is crazy talk by a group of haters!

Received POTG tonight (though it should have gone to Wiltjer after he hit 4 3's in about 90 seconds) with 15, 7, 4, and 4. His steal totals at the end of the year are what may really stick out as opposed to shot blocks.

I think it's funny when people justify us not getting Noel by saying we're better off without him. At the end of the day, everyone on this board wanted him to come here. It's a lot easier to find faults with players when they aren't on your team.

I think it's funny when people justify us not getting Noel by saying we're better off without him. At the end of the day, everyone on this board wanted him to come here. It's a lot easier to find faults with players when they aren't on your team.

LOL, it's ridiculous. You can like the guys we have(which I think we all do) without trashing other good players.

LOL, it's ridiculous. You can like the guys we have(which I think we all do) without trashing other good players.
Where did Moqui trash Noel? He was complimentary, just stated that he didn't like the fit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You don't like our sour grapes???? Nerlens Noel is god awful, he'll never make money in the NBA or any organization around the world... but mainly because he didn't come to Syracuse.

He's decent and will have a long NBA career. But it's quite clear he isn't the best player in this class. He didn't match the hype.

Meh... he wouldn't get 8 minutes of run here. He'd probably be a great practice player here though...pushing our guys to work hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom