Netherlands 4, Spain 1 | Syracusefan.com

Netherlands 4, Spain 1

In the 75th minute. Casillas furthering his case for most overrated keeper in the world. RVP with a stunner in the first half, and Spain's lone goal was a BS penalty. Quite a shocker today.
Just looked up "Howler" in the dictionary and that goal came up. To give him his due though, goal number 3 was probably interference. Seemed as much interference as the disallowed Croatia goal yesterday anyway.

Just looked up "Howler" in the dictionary and that goal came up. To give him his due though, goal number 3 was probably interference. Seemed as much interference as the disallowed Croatia goal yesterday anyway.

That was totally their keeper's fault. He made a weak play for the ball. The offensive player is allowed to go up for a 50-50 with the keeper. Totally clean play. The defender on the far post should be to blame for the pathetic tap-in.

Current mood:
Awww_yeah.jpg

That was totally their keeper's fault. He made a weak play for the ball. The offensive player is allowed to go up for a 50-50 with the keeper. Totally clean play. The defender on the far post should be to blame for the pathetic tap-in.
Felt the same way yesterday, just didn't go Croatia's way.

this could have been a 6-7-8 goal game, several blown simple chances down the end

Completely. Out. Classed. Spain just dodged a HUGE bullet. Should have been 6-1.

The Dutch are out of their minds today and clealry the superior team on the pitch. Spain's run is over.
Can't say I feel sorry for them either after they "demolished" 10 man Italy in the 2012 Euro Final, pouring it on in the last 10 minutes to score 2 late goals.

Can't say I feel sorry for them either after they "demolished" 10 man Italy in the 2012 Euro Final, pouring it on in the last 10 minutes to score 2 late goals.

I think the ultimate failure was Torres having a wide open net to himself and not being able to get a shot off. This was total domination. The Dutch made Spain want to lay down and quit. And they did. This is a case, although unbelievable to say, where the score does not reflect the game. This was a shellaquing of epic proportions. 5-1 was actually more like 9-1.

I think the differential is going to kill Spain. Their goose is cooked.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!! Take out BRAZIL!!!!!

Won't likely meet Brasil unless they finish second in the group. Unless they implode v Chile they are in the drivers seat.

Yeah, I goofed on that one. I got Mexico and the Dutch opponents mixed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom