New 2019 Center | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New 2019 Center

This can has got some serious game. He has much better skill development / has a much better feel for the game than most beanpole types.

We'd be lucky if this is the guy mentioned above -- he's going to be an NBA player, just needs to add weight / get stronger.

Exactly. Tremendous feel and skill set like you say. Looks like he has the frame to get stronger assuming he’s not another ‘picky’ eater, ha.

My question too. "New" (Center) doesn't mean new "Commit". There are lots of centers.

I couldn't tell from the OP whether he was implying that we've landed a "new" center, or just that we were involved with a new center prospect.

I couldn't tell from the OP whether he was implying that we've landed a "new" center, or just that we were involved with a new center prospect.

I have a feeling he was referring to JBA

So are we really showing interest to this chol kid? This whole thread is confusing me! Also hes not at IMG anymore...looks like hes at a prep school in AZ.

It’s is not JBA
So it's not JBA and he was visiting over the weekend while JBA was there? And you said you cant say anything until its public but what does that mean? We have a commitment already and you cant say who it is until it becomes public? Because if it was just a visit then surely you can let us know who it was that was visiting?

So it's not JBA and he was visiting over the weekend while JBA was there? And you said you cant say anything until its public but what does that mean? We have a commitment already and you cant say who it is until it becomes public? Because if it was just a visit then surely you can let us know who it was that was visiting?

He never said he was visiting. Just sounded like a new target.

Chol Marial 7’2” now playing at IMG would be my guess. Perfect for zone and chewy replacement

Chol would be a good get. His recruitment has been fairly quiet of late. He was thought to be a UCANT lean early.. but that probably came down to proximity before he went to IMG.

Corey Evan's described him well...
"The best way to describe Chol Marial? A unicorn. He earned that adjective years ago with his unique combination of size, length, ball skills and agility. A 7-foot-1 center with a 7-foot-9 wingspan, Marial fits the modern-day, big-man mold because he can step out to the perimeter and knock down the open jumper, but has the instincts, coordination and timing to protect his basket and rebound his area.

So, what gives? Marial has been difficult to track down on the hardwood for the past two years, primarily due to foot and shin injuries. That is scary when it comes to a growing, young big man. Do we stick to our guns and believe that Marial will eventually play like his former self, which places him among the elite? Or do we lower our projections and wait until we see the Sudanese center back on the floor? The word "polarizing" does not do the Marial debate justice."

A Canadian big kid I saw play a few times for UPlay in the EYBL (while watching Tyrese Samuel) was Jaden Bediako. He is the same size as Wahab 6'10 230. This was his list as of a few months ago...

A Canadian big kid I saw play a few times for UPlay in the EYBL (while watching Tyrese Samuel) was Jaden Bediako. He is the same size as Wahab 6'10 230. This was his list as of a few months ago...
Interesting school list. An offer from Oklahoma and VaTech... like his size. A Canadian player might prefer a school like Syracuse. What were your impressions of the guy?

Not sure why I thought he said he was visiting over the weekend...my bad!

I hear that his name is Sid Finch and he's 7 foot 7 can hit from 30 and in and dunk from mid-court .
Sid is often mentioned in the same breath as Captain Tuttle.

Interesting school list. An offer from Oklahoma and VaTech... like his size. A Canadian player might prefer a school like Syracuse. What were your impressions of the guy?

I was there to watch Samuel, but he stood out for obvious reasons... his size. Big Jay was a monster on the boards, especially the offensive glass. 2 of the 3 games I saw, he had a double double and blocked some shots. He has a younger brother (PF/C in '21 class) who can play and is about the same height but slimmer frame.

I was there to watch Samuel, but he stood out for obvious reasons... his size. Big Jay was a monster on the boards, especially the offensive glass. 2 of the 3 games I saw, he had a double double and blocked some shots. He has a younger brother (PF/C in '21 class) who can play and is about the same height but slimmer frame.
Thanks for sharing. I wish we were showing him some interest. I like his size and his aggressiveness. I watched some more of his video clips and it seems like he's got a nice game. Pretty polished young man in his interviews as well.

Thanks for sharing. I wish we were showing him some interest. I like his size and his aggressiveness. I watched some more of his video clips and it seems like he's got a nice game. Pretty polished young man in his interviews as well.

I have seen him play in the U18 Americas - he is only 6'8 and not a great athlete - more of a space eater - not the typical guy we want in the middle to block and alter shots - do not see us having any interest in Bediako

I have seen him play in the U18 Americas - he is only 6'8 and not a great athlete - more of a space eater - not the typical guy we want in the middle to block and alter shots - do not see us having any interest in Bediako
I certainly haven't seen enough of him to have a meaningful opinion of the guy. I just prefer guys who can bang a bit more. It's why I prefer Stewart, Wahab and Kofi over JBA. I was hoping some other viable center recruit would emerge.

Sounds a lot like Onuaku or Craig Forth?
They were both big bodies rather than shotblockers really. Never hurts to have someone grabbing boards inside rather than a spindly dude anchoring the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom