New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed] | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant: Brenden Straughn [Now confirmed]

You’re probably right. It’s concerning he has that in him, though. I prefer fight over flight.
That attitude gets you an order of protection and an arrest record for stalking.

I think it was def known behind the curtain. No way Judah rips his jersey after a first round loss to WF and cries without knowing that
Interesting perspective....and if true, we should absolutely see Judah coming back to play for Red.

Interesting perspective...and if true, we should absolutely see Judah coming back to play for Red.
I agree with that sentiment. It just seems odd he’s be that upset and break down in tears. Man if he comes back I think we’ll be very good

I agree with that sentiment. It just seems odd he’s be that upset and break down in tears. Man if he comes back I think we’ll be very good
Tears of sadness for knowing no post season play?

Tears of sadness because he knew/suspected it's JB's last year?

Tears of joy that next year will be Red calling the shot?

Agreed. Recruiting DC and NYC just got harder.

Could this be the delay.. Cooley wanting Straughan as well.. or Gtown making some calls once they saw the news that was SU's target?

Could this be the delay.. Cooley wanting Straughan as well.. or Gtown making some calls once they saw the news that was SU's target?
SU will not release coaching hires before all the contract details have been finalized and signed. Burned before. I'm not sure if this is the case with Straughan. But this could be the reason why there is nothing official yet, if, in fact, Straughan is the guy.

SU will not release coaching hires before all the contract details have been finalized and signed. Burned before. I'm not sure if this is the case with Straughan. But this could be the reason why there is nothing official yet, if, in fact, Straughan is the guy.
Yes the Zach Arnett rule.

Was really hoping we'd hit 10am this morning and there'd be the announcement for Straughn... Not gonna lie... Cooley taking the hoya gig may very well have Straughn in play there as well.

One would think we could outbid them for his services. Afterall, they are going to pay top dollar to pry Cooley from Providence, and hiring Red from within as first HC job was a lot more economically advantageous for us - we should have a decent allocation kitty to spend on assistants (especially one this critical to success.)

Looks like Cooley already has an assistant with strong ties to Northern Virginia.

My guess is that Ivan will come over with him to GTown if Cooley ends up in DC.

Maybe he would like to add another. But he strikes me as a coach would will keep his assistants long term.

Looks like Cooley already has an assistant with strong ties to Northern Virginia.

My guess is that Ivan will come over with him to GTown if Cooley ends up in DC.

Maybe he would like to add another. But he strikes me as a coach would will keep his assistants long term.

Yeah makes sense. My comment was a fringe thought of speculation given everything has been pretty quiet the past few days.

We have seen this many times with football hires, it gets reported and then we wait days until SU announces it. Would still be nice to hear it is official, of course, but no need to worry at this point

Or, and hear me out..
1679332950579.jpeg

Should’ve had this finalized days ago. I will be sick if we lose Straughan to Gtown. The current staff hasn’t gotten it done with recruiting, we need that extra boost with Straughan.

Agreed. Recruiting DC and NYC just got harder.
This is why I am/was concerned about these two hires. It would have worked out a lot better if Ewing and Anderson had continued at Gtown and SJU for another year or two, so Red had some time to heat things up at Cuse before having to deal with Cooley and Pitino coaching rival programs in our immediate recruiting areas.

Should’ve had this finalized days ago. I will be sick if we lose Straughan to Gtown. The current staff hasn’t gotten it done with recruiting, we need that extra boost with Straughan.
Do we know this is actually the case? It’s not like either of these announcements are surprises especially to those in coaching circles that I can’t imagine things would all of a sudden change.

It takes a little bit of time for contracts to be signed and go through the chain of command. Factor in a weekend when I can almost guarantee that none of the necessary approvals will take place and I think everyone just needs to take a deep breath.

We’re still a significantly better program than both schools offering more prestige and better facilities. Both face significant uphill battles that won’t magically disappear regardless of who the coach is.

Hey instead of being negative about our current staff who had hands tied behind their backs previously we could maybe acknowledge adding Starling in the first 72 hours they had the reins.

Hey instead of being negative about our current staff who had hands tied behind their backs previously we could maybe acknowledge adding Starling in the first 72 hours they had the reins.

Has been acknowledged to the moon... EVERYONE is happy about it!

Folks you do realize the only people that have come out and said anything about Georgetown being interested in our target are only people on this board and it was teed up as a what if scenario. No one else has said anything from a media standpoint. So why are some of you getting worried about something that hasn't even happened? Let's try a different approach. Here we go. "Have you guys heard?!!! We are getting this awesome coach and it's just going through Legal formalities, anytime now! Isn't that great?!! Let's not let phantom thoughts muddy things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom