New Assistant | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer a recruiter with connections. We need to upgrade talent and depth moving forward and work the portal for the missing parts each off season.

It seems to me we would like to see Gerry and Griffin move on, if you ask me.

I like the AAU guy who got us Donnie, Brendan Straughn, I think it is. I don't see Alan as having done any great job with the big men, honestly. At least we have had a lot of good shooters under Gerry.

If we need a former head coach to help Autry with x's and o's and offense, then maybe we also need a legit big man coach who can also recruit. If Autry wants a long successful career, there's no room for passengers on his staff.

Who do we want?

For me, I want heavy connections with agents/northeast aau programs and new england prep scene (which has been lacking bigtime since Hop left) . Digging thru names now
Rob Johnson (but not officially). lol We need to get back to the Street Agent days. This loose oversight by the NCAA and the new/old Wild West Days upon us, it might be the right time to revisit that recruiting strategy.

Rob Johnson (but not officially). lol We need to get back to the Street Agent days. This loose oversight by the NCAA and the new/old Wild West Days upon us, it might be the right time to revisit that recruiting strategy.
Rob was way ahead of his time.

It seems to me we would like to see Gerry and Griffin move on, if you ask me.

I like the AAU guy who got us Donnie, Brendan Straughn, I think it is. I don't see Alan as having done any great job with the big men, honestly. At least we have had a lot of good shooters under Gerry.

If we need a former head coach to help Autry with x's and o's and offense, then maybe we also need a legit big man coach who can also recruit. If Autry wants a long successful career, there's no room for passengers on his staff.
I have to disagree. He taught edwards and if we coulda not been screwed over bye his pops we could have had a really good year.

I have to disagree. He taught edwards and if we coulda not been screwed over bye his pops we could have had a really good year.

Griff has been here 6 years now. Aside from one season of productivity from Edwards, what are his other successes?

Griff has been here 6 years now. Aside from one season of productivity from Edwards, what are his other successes?
He worked with Edwards 4 of those 6 years and Jesse had 2 very productive years at SU. You really are understating facts to fit your viewpoint. He’s done a good job with Maliq. Marek was a key player at SU. Bourama was hurt most of his career.

Well Edwards had 1 decent and 1 great year and woulda had a 3rd. so 3 outta 6 aint shabby
3 years. Edwards’ improvement towards the end of his sophomore year helped us get to a sweet 16 in 2021. He wasn’t a star but his defense and rim protection and posing an offensive threat was one of the keys to that run.

Imagine a scenario where Griff could coach guards & a former big could coach bigs? Sounds like a win win to me.

One thing I hate about our bigs in the last 10 years is that not one seems to be able to add a baby hook into their arsenal. I mean my god I’m 34 and my baby hook in the low post is better. Are and Rick Jackson were masters with that shot.
How many times do you see a baby hook in the college/nba game nowadays? It's almost non-existent

Imagine a scenario where Griff could coach guards & a former big could coach bigs? Sounds like a win win to me.
I agree, but I think if he was big, he’d still be big, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom