New bracketology | Syracusefan.com

New bracketology

Man, I would take that road in a heartbeat. yowza
Lunardi has given us VERY favorable roads all year and says we are the #1 overall by a landslide even though UK fans keep giving him about it.

I wish he was on the committee.

I refuse to take any bracket seriously that has 9 Big East teams getting into the tournament...

I can see 7 maybe, but 9? No way.

I'd sign up for that draw in a heartbeat. But if we lose a couple games our standing will drop big time.

I'd sign up for that draw in a heartbeat. But if we lose a couple games our standing will drop big time.
I think a win tonight all but seals a #1 win seed.

Even a loss as long as we don't go into total meltdown mode we should get a #1.

Who's the 4th #1 right now? I believe UNC, Duke, Kansas and OSU all have 4 losses. We have some breathing room.

I hate that they have another Big East team in the same sub? regional as us to say nothing of two other teams in the same Regional. I wouldn't expect Seton Hall to win 2 games or give us a challenge in the Sweet 16 if they did, but I don't really like the potential to play a conference foe in the Sweet 16. In that bracket, no matter how unlikely, we could end up with Seton Hall in the Round of 16 and WVU in the Elite Eight.

I hate that they have another Big East team in the same sub? regional as us to say nothing of two other teams in the same Regional. I wouldn't expect Seton Hall to win 2 games or give us a challenge in the Sweet 16 if they did, but I don't really like the potential to play a conference foe in the Sweet 16. In that bracket, no matter how unlikely, we could end up with Seton Hall in the Round of 16 and WVU in the Elite Eight.
That wouldn't bother me. I just wouldn't want to see UConn, Louisville or Pittsburgh.

I think a lot of people here would have NO issues with playing WVU for a spot in the Final Four...

Yeah, we know those teams just as well as they know us. Not sure why anyone would be scared of WVU or Seton Hall in the tourny.

Sure, we lost to Marquette last year, but thats just because we were not very good. We have a top notch team this season. We're not losing to middle rung teams.

Lunardi has steadfast defended us as the overall #1 seed for a while. It really doesnt matter but he is hell bent on defending it until we get beat again.

Lunardi has steadfast defended us as the overall #1 seed for a while. It really doesnt matter but he is hell bent on defending it until we get beat again.
He's backed up by the numbers too. UK fans just harp on "they haven't beaten anybody good yet" or "they haven't played a true road game yet".

For fun I looked at the numbers:

RPI:
Cuse: 1
UK: 3

SOS:
Cuse: 14
UK: 54

vs. top 50 RPI:
Cuse: 7-1
UK: 6-1

vs. top 100 RPI:
Cuse: 14-1
UK: 9-1

"True" road games:
Cuse: 6-1

He's backed up by the numbers too. UK fans just harp on "they haven't beaten anybody good yet" or "they haven't played a true road game yet".

For fun I looked at the numbers:

RPI:
Cuse: 1
UK: 3

SOS:
Cuse: 14
UK: 54

vs. top 50 RPI:
Cuse: 7-1

vs. top 100 RPI:
Cuse: 14-1
UK: 9-1

"True" road games:
Cuse: 6-1

The more ND keeps winning the better our record looks too. That loss has gone from a marginally bad loss, albeit explainable without Melo, to a loss that wouldn't look all that bad even if we had had our full compliment of players.

I just have a hunch that it's going to end up with us as a #1 and Notre Dame across us in the 8/9 game.

I just have a hunch that it's going to end up with us as a #1 and Notre Dame across us in the 8/9 game.
That'd be awful for the committee to do, but is anyone really scared of ND? They won't have homecourt and we'd have Fab this time.

Sign me up, cakewalk to the Final Four, I'll take that draw right now, book your flight to New Orleans, etc.

I'd like another crack at the Irish, but I don't see it happening any where other than MSG

My point is more that least season we had the rare privilege of being a three seed playing a team that had beaten us in season in the second round. Wouldn't shock me to see it happen again.

(Psst - My 'Cuse paranoia is showing)

Last year, a Big East vs. Big East matchup in the second round was pretty much unavoidable due to the amount of BE teams that made it. This year there will be no intraconference games in the 2nd round.

I refuse to take any bracket seriously that has 9 Big East teams getting into the tournament...

I can see 7 maybe, but 9? No way.
it is just a result of teams like UConn and SH and Cincy on the way out, while ND is on the rise, if you look at the last four in I think it is 2 big east teams

I agree though after the last 5-6 games 2-3 teams could find themselves out, but if the tourney was tomorrow BE would have 8-9 teams

"SU somehow slides down to a 2-seed."
Not in this for the LIKES, are you?

Duke would definitely the most "desirable" #2 seed for us to have in our region. Do not want UNC or Mich St before the final4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom