New Clothing Store in Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Clothing Store in Syracuse

He's quoted as saying this provides better access to the broader community.

Maybe he's being sincere, but my guess is that this gives him lower rent from an honest landlord who won't pull any funny business when it's time to renegotiate. You know, like the other SU apparel guy.

He's not the only landlord on Marshall St. who is a cheat and a jerk, trust me.

I sell building materials to a guy that does work for DJ up on Marshall. Says he’s a great guy.

I just nod.

Been a Charney’s guy forever.
I haven’t purchased anything from them since WAY before the internet, yet somehow I get pounded with Charneys emails.

well i started out as a "little shaver" at Wells and Coverly. itchy wool sunday suits.

I do think my parent got me some things from wells and coverly when I was real young.

I visited the store this weekend. Coll stuff! Lots of old vintage T shirts and merchandise. Even had a bunch of Saltine warrior branded stuff. Pretty cool!

J. Michael is not just my favorite store on Marshall Street, It's one of my favorite stores any where. Good merchandize, really nice management and employees. I stop in there whenever I'm in Syracuse.
About | J Michael Shoes | Syracuse Ny Fashion Footwear & Accessories

John and company are nice people, that store is a bright spot on Marshall Street.

As an aside, they rent from one of the only half-decent landlords, Archie of Archie's Place fame. He must be treating them pretty well, considering how long they've been in one place. And he's treating himself alright, too, considering that little building is still assessed for only $843,000 (26 years after he bought it for more than that) and he's got Starbucks, J. Michael, and the tattoo shop under lease.