New Clothing Store in Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

New Clothing Store in Syracuse

I really like the name of the store. It's a shame he's not on Marshall St but I wish him luck as I think it's a cool idea.

I bet that this guy will put price tags on his merchandise...
Will he give out receipts for purchases?
This is EXACTLY where I was hoping this thread would go when I opened it.

84C9649A-E06C-4BF1-BCD4-F93406ECCCCE.jpeg

I really like the name of the store. It's a shame he's not on Marshall St but I wish him luck as I think it's a cool idea.

He's quoted as saying this provides better access to the broader community.

Maybe he's being sincere, but my guess is that this gives him lower rent from an honest landlord who won't pull any funny business when it's time to renegotiate. You know, like the other SU apparel guy.

He's quoted as saying this provides better access to the broader community.

Maybe he's being sincere, but my guess is that this gives him lower rent from an honest landlord who won't pull any funny business when it's time to renegotiate. You know, like the other SU apparel guy.

Which is a totally acceptable reason for locating where he did as well.

Bert's a good dude. I recognize him from runs at Flanigan. He might have a few SU intramural hoops championship rings on display if such things exist.

Wait it’s google on iPhone

Safari works on my ancient iPad but I have to clear the history every so often. Syracuse.com won't work in private browsing on anything that I've found. I use Firefox on my laptop and it works fine. Firefox wasn't working until I cleared history and deleted cookies and changed every setting to delete history/cookies upon closing. I had to mess with it for awhile. Now if the subscribe box pops up there is an X to close the box and I can continue viewing.

I know nothing about the store, but I know Bert. He's a very enthusiastic guy who bleeds orange. (I first met him in 2012 when we played basketball on the aircraft carrier in San Diego. At the time he was very active in the alumni club there).

Legendary board thread: Shirt World On Marshall St...

I just checked Google reviews, and it seems like this place is the gold standard for t-shirts in Syracuse...at least according to this fellow:

Absolutely racist, immature, backstabbing owner. Literally has the N word written on every wall of his stock rooms. Will immediately call you a slur as soon as you leave his store. When I told him I couldn't work there due to my complications with my epilepsy his recourse was to block my number and try to never speak to me again. My paycheck is now two days late and I've heard from other employees before me that he won't pay people and that's why they leave. This is literally the worst run business I've ever seen in my life. R and s impressions, shirt world whatever you call it.

It starts kind of bad, but I feel like by the end the reviewer warms up to the place.

I just checked Google reviews, and it seems like this place is the gold standard for t-shirts in Syracuse...at least according to this fellow:

Absolutely racist, immature, backstabbing owner. Literally has the N word written on every wall of his stock rooms. Will immediately call you a slur as soon as you leave his store. When I told him I couldn't work there due to my complications with my epilepsy his recourse was to block my number and try to never speak to me again. My paycheck is now two days late and I've heard from other employees before me that he won't pay people and that's why they leave. This is literally the worst run business I've ever seen in my life. R and s impressions, shirt world whatever you call it.

It starts kind of bad, but I feel like by the end the reviewer warms up to the place.

Just looked it up on yelp. I’m dying laughing. Every review is 1 Star...except for the 3 that are 5 star and are so obviously written by either Dave himself or someone close to him. Seriously cracking up.

1555130765849.png

Last edited:
Just looked it up on yelp. I’m dying laughing. Every review is 1 Star...except for the 3 that are 5 star and are so obviously written by either Dave himself or someone close to him. Seriously cracking up.

That is hilarious...there should be a disclaimer at the end though as it's clearly an ad - kind of like the ones politicians have to use:

*This advertisement was paid for by the 'Foundation for Former Kickers From Syracuse Named Dave That Own Clothing Stores on Marshall Street'