Class of 2024 - New Commit: Drew Angelo (NY: Honeoye Falls) FOGO | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 New Commit: Drew Angelo (NY: Honeoye Falls) FOGO

Laxfanshutt

All Conference
58C527AA-F9DF-4828-BA88-47786D8E4087.jpeg

? with limited athletic aide for lacrosse, how valued, in terms of %of a scholarship, are FOGO guys, in general. I understand their importance, but it's such a limited scope of duties.
Thanks

? with limited athletic aide for lacrosse, how valued, in terms of %of a scholarship, are FOGO guys, in general. I understand their importance, but it's such a limited scope of duties.
Thanks

Extremely valued for an upper or elite FOGO. Its nearly impossible to win a championship or win a title without one. It probably cost SU a title in 2013 vs Duke and their first round loss to Bryant the following year.

Thanks
good to very good fogo's have the greatest war of any player on the field. so you best put some $$ there unless you find a stud that's an offspring of daddy warbucks.

Looks like he wasn’t assigned one. And I don’t think NLF has him in their rankings. A little odd he wouldn’t be evaluated given he plays on a pretty high profile club team. But I’ll take Irelan’s opinion of a player over that of the recruiting gurus.
For 2023 did you see Michael Ippoliti, & Donny Scott went up to 5 stars? Moved up a few spots too

I think I’m totally wrong about 2023 recruiting class. I recently stated it was a dude but I think I was misinformed. What do you think about 2023 & 2024 classes Powellfan

Looks like he wasn’t assigned one. And I don’t think NLF has him in their rankings. A little odd he wouldn’t be evaluated given he plays on a pretty high profile club team. But I’ll take Irelan’s opinion of a player over that of the recruiting gurus.
His HS team looks pretty bad. According to IL they went 10-9 and had some bad loses. But he percentage is good. So idk where the give it. Like you said SL must be his money maker so it seems odd he’s not even listed as a 3 star. But there’s still time for it to come up in a year or something.
Still the top 50 only has 3 faceoff guys and 3 committed.

For 2023 did you see Michael Ippoliti, & Donny Scott went up to 5 stars? Moved up a few spots too
I think both of them have been 5stars for a while. That whole class on NLF has a lot of the 23 class in there aside from Stevie and Jake. Could be one more missing. But only 2 make the cut on the IL page.

His HS team looks pretty bad. According to IL they went 10-9 and had some bad loses. But he percentage is good. So idk where the give it. Like you said SL must be his money maker so it seems odd he’s not even listed as a 3 star. But there’s still time for it to come up in a year or something.
Still the top 50 only has 3 faceoff guys and 3 committed.
HFL is not a very good Section V team, but they have a couple guys that could play on almost any team in the area, including Angelo. As for if he's elite; no. There is another Sweetlax fogo from Irondequoit that is the #1 kid on that 2024 team. Still, a solid pick up with the TD connections.

Last edited:
Extremely valued for an upper or elite FOGO. Its nearly impossible to win a championship or win a title without one. It probably cost SU a title in 2013 vs Duke and their first round loss to Bryant the following year.
Full scholarship value?

I think I’m totally wrong about 2023 recruiting class. I recently stated it was a dude but I think I was misinformed. What do you think about 2023 & 2024 classes Powellfan

Thanks for asking. I think all things considered the '23 class is pretty good and serves well as a "supplement" to the '22 class. The downside of picking up such a good class in '22 is that the following class would know it had an uphill battle for playing time. I can't imagine they had a lot of scholarship money to play with so the fact they were able to get the class they did, to me, is pretty impressive.

Scott looks like a defender who could play right away despite Syracuse potentially having a very young defense for '23 season. I'm impressed they were able to nab Trey Deere, he looks like he could be a big time scorer. Spallina and McCarthy seem like swiss army knife types who could play all over the field and Kellogg has a monster shot. You can never have too many strong goalies and the one they have in this class looks strong. The FOGO looks good too but I do wonder about the competition he plays against. The only player I don't have a good sense of Finnell from Garden City.

The '24 class looks like they are out to a strong start and looks to be in line with last years. I really, really like the look of Anderson and the left side of the offense should really be set for a couple of years with him, Hiltz, Leo and Deere. Hopefully they can keep raking up four stars.

The last time SU brought in a very highly ranked recruiting class (2013 with Jordan Evans) the next class, was from a rankings perspective was pretty weak. I think Brad McKinney might have been the only ranked player in the group. And of course the 2013 did not live up to the hype, so that next class really compounded issues. Hopefully this '22 class is as good as we all hope it is, and that the next few classes can fill any holes that might remain.

For some yes, for Drew highly unlikely but should he prove to be an upper level to elite FOGO, his % share will go up.
My was a general question l, not this player, but thank you.

Thanks for asking. I think all things considered the '23 class is pretty good and serves well as a "supplement" to the '22 class. The downside of picking up such a good class in '22 is that the following class would know it had an uphill battle for playing time. I can't imagine they had a lot of scholarship money to play with so the fact they were able to get the class they did, to me, is pretty impressive.

Scott looks like a defender who could play right away despite Syracuse potentially having a very young defense for '23 season. I'm impressed they were able to nab Trey Deere, he looks like he could be a big time scorer. Spallina and McCarthy seem like swiss army knife types who could play all over the field and Kellogg has a monster shot. You can never have too many strong goalies and the one they have in this class looks strong. The FOGO looks good too but I do wonder about the competition he plays against. The only player I don't have a good sense of Finnell from Garden City.

The '24 class looks like they are out to a strong start and looks to be in line with last years. I really, really like the look of Anderson and the left side of the offense should really be set for a couple of years with him, Hiltz, Leo and Deere. Hopefully they can keep raking up four stars.

The last time SU brought in a very highly ranked recruiting class (2013 with Jordan Evans) the next class, was from a rankings perspective was pretty weak. I think Brad McKinney might have been the only ranked player in the group. And of course the 2013 did not live up to the hype, so that next class really compounded issues. Hopefully this '22 class is as good as we all hope it is, and that the next few classes can fill any holes that might remain.
Watched Finnell play several times for Garden City. The team was full of very good players. I estimate he was somewhere around number 5 on the team. His dad is the coach who played him as a mid. He does not seem to me as if he will play immediately. Okay athleticism, but a very smart and willing passer.

P

Thanks for your insight! 2023 is pretty solid I agree. Peyton Anderson is soooo impressive I’m really excited for him. NLF has him ranked #6 in the 2024 class. Also Vincent Bolognino is a high four ranked #29 in the country. So def a really good start

Back to the 2023 class I’m really really liking this one the more I look at it. Donny Scott ranked #19 Michael Ippoliti ranked #23 those are both our 5 stars for the class. Which makes me wonder why does NLF have them at 5 stars but inside lacrosse has them at high 4?

Anyways back to the ‘22 class. How come Carter kempney and finlay thompson are 5 stars but NLF doesn’t even have them ranked?

P

Thanks for your insight! 2023 is pretty solid I agree. Peyton Anderson is soooo impressive I’m really excited for him. NLF has him ranked #6 in the 2024 class. Also Vincent Bolognino is a high four ranked #29 in the country. So def a really good start

Back to the 2023 class I’m really really liking this one the more I look at it. Donny Scott ranked #19 Michael Ippoliti ranked #23 those are both our 5 stars for the class. Which makes me wonder why does NLF have them at 5 stars but inside lacrosse has them at high 4?

Anyways back to the ‘22 class. How come Carter kempney and finlay thompson are 5 stars but NLF doesn’t even have them ranked?

Inconsistencies with them at times. Who is seen at events and high school is mostly the issue there.
Carter is someone that is ranked high and surprising to be honest imo.

Inconsistencies with them at times. Who is seen at events and high school is mostly the issue there.
Carter is someone that is ranked high and surprising to be honest imo.
Orange Crush is not an NLF club. While the NLF does not rank NLF members exclusively, it is pretty damn near that. Also, depending on the club, they may exclude kids completely.