New Commit DT Isaiah Johnson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New Commit DT Isaiah Johnson

Yes, it's the same guy. Red Lion Christian School briefly became this football power wannabe in Delaware. Scheduled all these regional powerhouses. Remember that 9th-grade QB, David Sills, who committed to USC? Same school. And his dad was the big-bucks guy behind the school. They ran afoul of virtually every Delaware interscholastic sports rule.

Elkton Christian is basically the same travelling crew of football players.

You know, because nothing quite says spreading Christ's message like winning football games regardless of how many rules they have to break.

Yes, it's the same guy. Red Lion Christian School briefly became this football power wannabe in Delaware. Scheduled all these regional powerhouses. Remember that 9th-grade QB, David Sills, who committed to USC? Same school. And his dad was the big-bucks guy behind the school. They ran afoul of virtually every Delaware interscholastic sports rule.

You know, because nothing quite says spreading Christ's message like winning football games regardless of how many rules they have to break.
The names add up but shouldn't he be a HS senior now not a JUCO freshman? Very confusing.

The names add up but shouldn't he be a HS senior now not a JUCO freshman? Very confusing.
Yes, I'm very confused myself. It's not unheard of for high schoolers to graduate really early from self paced schools. I attended catholic parochial schooling myself and shared a bus with some baptist based school attendees who would graduate 1-3 years before their peers in public and traditional schooling. Seeing the youtube videos on the school and how they attended school made me think of how some schools are self paced. Of course, if he did grauate early, why he would attend ASA and not SU ala T-Wiz (Terrence Wisdom)?

However, I think OEx is right on it being two different people. Apparently there was an ISIAH Johnson who graduated last year and is not the ISAIAH that is our current commit. Forgive me for any consternation I might have casused but with all the movement around Red Lion Academy, there is a lot of confusion. Similar name and similar measurables combined with the difficult obstacle of getting the roster of whatever team Isaiah is on now

Wow..odd thread yet interesting.. none the less.. my wife actually graduated high school from " Elkton Christian Academy" but it appears this is different and something new? Just never thought I would see Elkton at the front and center of something Syracuse...

touchdown_jesus.jpg

Pretty confident it's just a coincidence. There's no way our Isaiah Johnson weighs 308.

Isaiah and his dad were at the Dome tonight for the Connecticut beat down. It has been confirmed that he is enrolling at SU in January. Must be a smart kid finishing high school in 3 & a half years. He's all of 6-5 280 and says he's going to be playing defensive tackle.

Real nice kid and his dad is a great guy, my friend sat with them at the game on the 45 behind the SU bench two rows from the field. Isaiah is real excited about coming to SU.

One more note, the Johnson's came into the Carrier Dome knowing nothing about #1. Before he entered the game my friend said AB is quite a player. After seeing him perform they were very impressed. My friend told them, 'That might be your starting QB next year. Can you imagine how some of those QB runs will end up like?"

with incoming recruits like Isaiah and a player currently sitting out his transfer, John Raymond, and the personnel we have in our current rotation we have in our rotation; our D-line is going to be so incredibly deep. It wasn't that long ago that we struggled needing depth and talent on our D-line.

with incoming recruits like Isaiah and a player currently sitting out his transfer, John Raymond, and the personnel we have in our current rotation we have in our rotation; our D-line is going to be so incredibly deep. It wasn't that long ago that we struggled needing depth and talent on our D-line.
Don't forget BIG Wayne Williams!

true, no slight intended to Wayne; he sure looks the part of a solid rotation on the D-line next season.

Isaiah and his dad were at the Dome tonight for the Connecticut beat down. It has been confirmed that he is enrolling at SU in January. Must be a smart kid finishing high school in 3 & a half years. He's all of 6-5 280 and says he's going to be playing defensive tackle.

With that size and if he adds a bit of weight/muscle to get to 300 and as athletic as he is he could be quite the player...how's his motor?

This kid will hopefully have a style similar to Jason Pierre-Paul. Maybe they switch him over to OT as well.

He is lighting us up on twitter. Kid sounds pumped for signing day next week.

With that size and if he adds a bit of weight/muscle to get to 300 and as athletic as he is he could be quite the player...how's his motor?

Kid could be another Bromley... please sign us up for one of those every year, thanks!!

Absolutely. Is he already in classes and going to school?

I am totally unsure of when he was supposed to be on campus. I assumed that he was coming next year and won't make it for spring ball like most HS recruits. I don't think there was mention of him being on campus early for spring ball.

I am totally unsure of when he was supposed to be on campus. I assumed that he was coming next year and won't make it for spring ball like most HS recruits. I don't think there was mention of him being on campus early for spring ball.

I glanced and saw that he finished school in 3 1/2 so I just assumed he was done with HS, but maybe I read it wrong and possibly a bit of wishful thinking as well.

The original plan for Johnson was to enroll early but that plan changed.

Damn, would have loved to see him in the spring scrimmage in Rochester and the Spring game. As it is, I can't wait to see Big Jon Raymon this year.