Class of 2018 - New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed

Is Cook as good as Evans was in HS?
Not in terms of point totals I don't believe, but Cook probably has better talent around him and because of that isn't "THE guy" yet because Burns is a senior and Archer is a junior, but he certainly will put up big point totals next year. He finished with 64 and 33, good for 97 points this year his sophomore season.

Video vs Webster Thomas

New York Championships: Victor, Cold Spring Harbor, Jamesville-DeWitt Reign

image.jpeg

Arguably the most unique event in high school lacrosse, Project 9 is set to take place this weekend in Baltimore, as all-time greats Paul Rabil and Mark Millon spearhead a staff that will lead 67 of the nation’s best recruits during a grueling three-day weekend of training and preparation for the rigors of college lacrosse. Of those 67, an impressive 28 of the juniors and seniors have been honored as Top 100 players here on Recruiting Rundown in September’s rankings.

Players will have five sessions of training at St. Paul’s, Loyola University and Johns Hopkins as well as extensive meetings with film and feedback, yoga sessions and college prep talks with a staff full of former and current MLL standouts. On Sunday, players will be split into teams for a final series of games with gear from sponsors Warrior, New Balance and OT Sports. At the conclusion of the event, ‘Most Likely To Dominate’ positional awards will be handed out.

Rosters For This Weekend’s 5th Annual Project 9 Event In Baltimore

Over 60 of the nation’s best high school lacrosse players came to Baltimore this past weekend for the fifth iteration of Project 9, an intense and well-rounded camp aimed to acclimate young players to the rigors of being a collegiate lacrosse player via instruction from some of the top names in the sport.

After scoring five goals in two games on Monday, Sparta (N.J.) attackman Jesse James West (Lehigh) was named the MVP of the day’s games. Positional superlatives for the entirety of the weekend were also awarded after the day’s games and given to the following players:

Top Attack

Griffin Cook, Jamesville-Dewitt (N.Y.), Syracuse

36372.jpg

Recruiting: Project 9

From November event...

FLG in 3d Fall Shootout 2016: Notes on Standouts | 3d Rising

Griffin Cook, Attack, Orange Crush, 2018

Cook continues to look like one of the most impressive attackman in the 2018 class, a tough, relentless right-handed presence who dodges hard and quick into possessions and puts instant pressure on defenses. He faced some tough matchups at the FLG in 3d event but was still productive in helping the Orange Crush to a solid weekend. The Syracuse commit can evade and spin in and out of traffic and pulled off a number of highlight reel plays throughout the weekend, showing himself to be especially dangerous in transition.

You don't see too many attackmen taking face-offs. Impressive.

"And then J-D took command in every phase of the game, starting in the face-off circle, where Cook and Jack Mulvihill took turns claiming draws that gained a series of possessions for the Rams."

Yes, please.

J-D, now 2-0, will get a much tougher test Saturday at West Genesee.

Then on Tuesday, the Red Rams play host to Yorktown, the team it defeated for the state Class B title last year.

West Genny will be a test but I'm really interested in their game with Yorktown. They feature 2 of the best defenders in the nation, Jose Boyer (Xander's #14 ranked '17 who will PG before joining ND's '18 class...near lock to be selected to this year's UA AA game) & Brett Makar (#14 ranked '18). These 2 will certainly mark Archer & Cook & will be the best defense they face prior to states, though they also play Victor in mid-May. A great barometer game for both.

J-D, now 2-0, will get a much tougher test Saturday at West Genesee.

Then on Tuesday, the Red Rams play host to Yorktown, the team it defeated for the state Class B title last year.

West Genny will be a test but I'm really interested in their game with Yorktown. They feature 2 of the best defenders in the nation, Jose Boyer (Xander's #14 ranked '17 who will PG before joining ND's '18 class...near lock to be selected to this year's UA AA game) & Brett Makar (#14 ranked '18). These 2 will certainly mark Archer & Cook & will be the best defense they face prior to states, though they also play Victor in mid-May. A great barometer game for both.
I tried watching the Darien Yorktown game last week and Yorktown did not look good. I ended up turning it off at 8-0 Darien (15-4) final. It was hard to take anything away from Yorktown but maybe Darien is just a step above.

I tried watching the Darien Yorktown game last week and Yorktown did not look good. I ended up turning it off at 8-0 Darien (15-4) final. It was hard to take anything away from Yorktown but maybe Darien is just a step above.
I caught that score. Darien was Xanders' preseason #4 team in the country & are up to #2 this week. They play host to Lucas Quinn & Niskayuna tommorow. Big weekend for our recruits.