Class of 2019 - New Commit: Lars Swensen (NH) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 New Commit: Lars Swensen (NH) Attack

image.jpeg

Wow really impressed with this kid after seeing those highlights. He is the dodger from attack that we were missing last season. He has good vision and is an above average, crafty finisher. Reminds me of Donahue the way he finishes. Also appears to have decent size. Unsure of the level of competition, but regardless, seems like a solid commit to me.

Wow really impressed with this kid after seeing those highlights. He is the dodger from attack that we were missing last season. He has good vision and is an above average, crafty finisher. Reminds me of Donahue the way he finishes. Also appears to have decent size. Unsure of the level of competition, but regardless, seems like a solid commit to me.

The 2019 class leaves something to be desired so if Lars and a few others ie Clary and Rosa can continue to develop it bodes very well. I agree the highlights were impressive, hope he continues to improve.

The 2019 class leaves something to be desired so if Lars and a few others ie Clary and Rosa can continue to develop it bodes very well. I agree the highlights were impressive, hope he continues to improve.
How does 2020 look? That seems to be a pretty solid lot of talent thus far

Worth pointing out that this guy's highlight tape is actually fantastic. Certainly "diamond in the rough" potential.

Worth pointing out that this guy's highlight tape is actually fantastic. Certainly "diamond in the rough" potential.

Should be a red-shirt candidate as well so we can bump him to the 2020 class.

Should be a red-shirt candidate as well so we can bump him to the 2020 class.
I don't know. There are fewer redshirts lately, which goes back to what I mention in the recruiting thread that it may be more of a function of talent coming in is better than talent already on the roster, so there are fewer redshirts. Also, when Swenson comes in he is behind Rehfuss as a lefty attackman. Maybe he sees time as a 4th or 5th attackman after Rehfuss, Cook and presumably Seebold. Maybe on man up, since SU likes 3 lefties on the man up and I'm counting Rehfuss and Magnan as the two best currently on the roster.

Also, I agree with Dr. Lexus, his video is nice.

New Hampton at Cushing Academy from 2019

I haven't watched it all, but it's nice to get a full game video of an attackman to see how he really fits into an offense. Swensen scored 3 quick goals in the first half and made some other plays on ground balls and riding. He's exclusively a lefty, and he hasn't dodged yet. He is good inside and works to get open near the goal. He is not big, but doesn't shy away from contact.

Swensen is the only lefty attackman on the roster after Rehfuss. I wonder if the coaches would consider moving someone like Magnan after Rehfuss graduates. Camden Hay would've been in line for that spot, as would have Russell Maher.

2019 class brings talent despite low ranking by IL. Swensen another legit prospect though most likely for down the road.

Place stock in top twenty rankings but then fades after that first quartile because there are so many good players of equal ability these days. Orange and their field scouts do a good job identifying those beyond and have brought in some gems in recent classes. See many in this class capable of developing as well.

As far as attack, noticed from pics posted that Seebold has physically matured into a strong body which should help his candidacy.

2019 class brings talent despite low ranking by IL. Swensen another legit prospect though most likely for down the road.

Place stock in top twenty rankings but then fades after that first quartile because there are so many good players of equal ability these days. Orange and their field scouts do a good job identifying those beyond and have brought in some gems in recent classes. See many in this class capable of developing as well.

As far as attack, noticed from pics posted that Seebold has physically matured into a strong body which should help his candidacy.
Whoa, you're right, Seebold is pretty jacked. I hope he makes an impact. I'm sure playing for Cuse was a dream of his and he wants to make his mark on the program.

There are guys in the 2019 class that will get playing time over time, but I don't think we'll see many make an instant impact. The Syracuse middies that have been the best over the last 2 seasons, have been top 50 IL recruits. Buttermore was further down, but still in the top 100 if I remember right. The IL rankings are getting better. You are right though that there is a lot of talent out there.

True Ohmli, part reason for my continued optimism on Seebold and Quinn who have been hindered to date

Buttermore was not in top 100 list in 2017 class nor was Lipka or Dami in 16 or Refhuss in 15 and all are better than many names that were.

Sharp eyes in field for Cuse that have mined some gold .Several others on Cuse who were not listed or delisted due to injury but now factor prominently.

Agree with your comments .

Positive that 19 class not needed to contribute immediately, time to properly develop.

IL is improving, a good reference guide for me . Expect them to expand their list someday

New Hampton at Cushing Academy from 2019

I haven't watched it all, but it's nice to get a full game video of an attackman to see how he really fits into an offense. Swensen scored 3 quick goals in the first half and made some other plays on ground balls and riding. He's exclusively a lefty, and he hasn't dodged yet. He is good inside and works to get open near the goal. He is not big, but doesn't shy away from contact.

Swensen is the only lefty attackman on the roster after Rehfuss. I wonder if the coaches would consider moving someone like Magnan after Rehfuss graduates. Camden Hay would've been in line for that spot, as would have Russell Maher.

Skipped around a bit to see his team's goals and he only gets better in the second half! I believe he goes 2 and 1 in the second half (making him 5 and 1 on the day) and all the points started with him blowing by his man off the dodge. Looked like he could have easily dodged more than he did. Don't know anything about either of these schools but the level of play looks pretty impressive, especially his team's offense. Seriously looks like he could be a guy who plays out of the gate as an offball guy and eventually gets some QB type duties later on as a junior or senior, similar to Solomon's 4 years here. Wouldn't be surprised if he sees some time next year as a voigt style player, given our lack of proven off ball guys on the current roster. One question would be if he is strong enough to get his shot off quickly from slightly long range, which was a big part of Voigt and Bomberry's game.

Skipped around a bit to see his team's goals and he only gets better in the second half! I believe he goes 2 and 1 in the second half (making him 5 and 1 on the day) and all the points started with him blowing by his man off the dodge. Looked like he could have easily dodged more than he did. Don't know anything about either of these schools but the level of play looks pretty impressive, especially his team's offense. Seriously looks like he could be a guy who plays out of the gate as an offball guy and eventually gets some QB type duties later on as a junior or senior, similar to Solomon's 4 years here. Wouldn't be surprised if he sees some time next year as a voigt style player, given our lack of proven off ball guys on the current roster. One question would be if he is strong enough to get his shot off quickly from slightly long range, which was a big part of Voigt and Bomberry's game.

I can offer some insight on the two teams playing. Both are New England Prep schools, but aren’t at the level of Andover, Deerfield, etc. New Hampton (Swenson's school) has become a pretty big lacrosse school within the past 5-6 years. They are a power house in the Lakes Region usually number 1 or 2 in that league. They play a pretty solid schedule as well. New Hampton is a very well coached team and programs as well. The other team, Cushing, is a huge hockey school and is not known as a good lacrosse school. Overall New Hampton is a good lacrosse team, Cushing is alright at best. I agree with others and think Swenson will be a good player down the line. I was very impressed with Swenson in that game, especially his hands and off ball ability. (Gotta love the orange head on his stick)

Last edited:
Thanks! Appreciate the info. Yeah it certainly looked like there was a lot of talent on the New Hampton offense. The fact that Swenson still managed to stand out was impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom