Class of 2020 - New Commit: Liam Ferris (NY) A/M | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Liam Ferris (NY) A/M

Strangely, there's another 2020 named Liam Ferris from Canada. So, keep your head on a swivel.

Last edited:
Albany area, not sure if this one makes up for all the lost offensive talent but its a start.

Albany Power/Bethlehem HS. Very good player.

Seems like a good pick up, I don't know a ton about him but I have heard his name. Certainly wont make up for losing 4 top 100 guys but getting him and the kid from Cali is a nice start.

Legitimately curious - what's the gap between CNY and Capital District in lacrosse these days? I assume its narrowing, but probably not close yet?

Nisky had six 2019s sign D1 and 2. CBA had five. Shaker (Rehfuss's school) had four. Academy three Bethlehem two (including Ferris' brother). And i assume Shen, Ballston Spa, Saratoga, Guilderland had signees as well. Some pretty respectable programs too (e.g. Cornell, Brown, Albany, ...).

The gap is more depth related. The top players are comparable - I just think there are more of them in CNY. Also pretty sure Section III has many more teams playing. As well as Rochester.

First impression from his highlights are positive. He's got decent size, he shoots hard, he doesn't mind contact, he uses both hands quite well. His stats are good for a sophomore. I'd love to see a full game of his HS team to get a better sense of him.

"Syracuse has been my dream school since I was a little kid," Liam Ferris said. "My dad's whole family is from Syracuse. One of my cousins played there, so it was my favorite school at all times." - Per Times Union article from yesterday. Wondering if he is referencing the Leveilles, but i guess his cousin could be someone from the Syracuse area and not the Capital District?

It's amazing the amount of recruits we land due to some sort of legacy connection. Someone on the staff has a serious talent with playing the legacy card when trying to draw kids in. Anyways this guy seems promising with good size and some impressive off-ball play.

Wondering if he is referencing the Leveilles, but i guess his cousin could be someone from the Syracuse area and not the Capital District?
Mike Leveille is a big enough program name that I would guess he would mention if it was him.

Ferris has 8 goals in the semi against Shen. Bethlehem has 3 d-1 kids (I think). Doubt they have the depth of nisky but should be able to give them a good run.

I think it's safe for us to let ourselves get a little bit excited about Ferris. Judging by what he says, as long as his grades are good enough, he will end up at SU. In other words, he's not a threat to decommit.

Oh, and he's scoring a lot of goals.

Ferris has 8 goals in the semi against Shen. Bethlehem has 3 d-1 kids (I think). Doubt they have the depth of nisky but should be able to give them a good run.

This really should be a heck of game.

Nisky won the first matchup by 7. Bethlehem has 3 D1's and at least another D2. Liam's brother (D-2019) is going to Binghamton and they have another 19 attack going to Cornell (Rutgers decommit).

Nisky has 2 D1 commits including Griffin King to Brown who is the only Section 2 invite to the U-19 tryouts and a bunch of D2 and 3 commits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom