Class of 2017 - New Commit: Lucas Quinn (NY:Nisky) Mid | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Lucas Quinn (NY:Nisky) Mid

Really like that second goal on the bounce shot. Watching Quinn's highlights & a few games since his Soph. year, one thing that really stands out is how he changes levels/placement from shot to shot. He almost never aims for the same spot twice in a row. He also rarely forces anything (even as a Soph.), has a deft understanding of how to use a pick, & always dodges with his head up, often drawing defenders & feeding cutters. Much like Trimboli, he's a cerebral player with a keen understanding of the offense...those 2 are going to be fun to watch together. That's a very good Shen program with some recent history against Nisky...

Niskayuna lacrosse gets payback on Shen — Your Clifton Park

Shenendehowa ended Niskayuna’s 81-game Section II win streak, and denied the Silver Warriors an opportunity to defend their state title from 2015, with that 15-14 win in last season’s area large-school final, in which Shen’s Matt Stucchi scored seven goals.

I guess you could say that Quinn was a bit fired up coming into this one...

Lucas Quinn scored Niskayuna’s first five goals

Really like that second goal on the bounce shot. Watching Quinn's highlights & a few games since his Soph. year, one thing that really stands out is how he changes levels/placement from shot to shot. He almost never aims for the same spot twice in a row. He also rarely forces anything (even as a Soph.), has a deft understanding of how to use a pick, & always dodges with his head up, often drawing defenders & feeding cutters. Much like Trimboli, he's a cerebral player with a keen understanding of the offense...those 2 are going to be fun to watch together. That's a very good Shen program with some recent history against Nisky...

Niskayuna lacrosse gets payback on Shen — Your Clifton Park

Shenendehowa ended Niskayuna’s 81-game Section II win streak, and denied the Silver Warriors an opportunity to defend their state title from 2015, with that 15-14 win in last season’s area large-school final, in which Shen’s Matt Stucchi scored seven goals.

I guess you could say that Quinn was a bit fired up coming into this one...

Lucas Quinn scored Niskayuna’s first five goals

Would not be shocked at all if he is starting from Day 1 at midfield next year especially if they elect to keep Bomberry at attack (I don't think they will). There are probably 2-3 frosh who have a chance to see significant PT next year ala Trimboli this year.

I honestly don't know what to make of Quinn and struggle with guessing how his career will play out. I've seen Nisky play a lot. Sometimes Quinn jumps off the page and sometimes you don't even know which kid he is on the field.

Would not be shocked at all if he is starting from Day 1 at midfield next year especially if they elect to keep Bomberry at attack (I don't think they will). There are probably 2-3 frosh who have a chance to see significant PT next year ala Trimboli this year.
I agree. Desko obviously likes to give the veterans a shot to start the year but, unless either/each makes a significant leap, I just don't see Lane or Simmons as ACC-level 1st line middies. If Bomberry did stay at Attack, a youthful 1st line of Trimboli, Quinn, & Dearth or O'Sullivan wouldn't shock me. Lots of moving parts & time before then but I really hope they don't project Dearth at SSDM going forward, I've really liked what I've seen from him on Offense in limited time. As I've stated all season, I just don't understand Carlin over Dearth on the 2nd line but hey, the coaches see these guys all week in practice.

I honestly don't know what to make of Quinn and struggle with guessing how his career will play out. I've seen Nisky play a lot. Sometimes Quinn jumps off the page and sometimes you don't even know which kid he is on the field.

I've also seen Nisky play numerous games over the years in State playoffs, etc. Quinn is one of, if not the best player to ever come through Nisky, a very notable hs program. 55 points as a freshman, 77 pts. as a sophmore, and 99 pts. as a jr. one of the most developed players ive seen at hs level and a top 10 recruit all 3 years. Hard to believe you don't know which kid he is on the field...

I see him making an immediate impact.

I agree. Desko obviously likes to give the veterans a shot to start the year but, unless either/each makes a significant leap, I just don't see Lane or Simmons as ACC-level 1st line middies. If Bomberry did stay at Attack, a youthful 1st line of Trimboli, Quinn, & Dearth or O'Sullivan wouldn't shock me. Lots of moving parts & time before then but I really hope they don't project Dearth at SSDM going forward, I've really liked what I've seen from him on Offense in limited time. As I've stated all season, I just don't understand Carlin over Dearth on the 2nd line but hey, the coaches see these guys all week in practice.

Lots of moving parts next year for sure. You have the young guns in Dearth and O'Sullivan with a year under their belt plus you potentially have both Westin and Forkin returning after season ending injuries this year. You also have several other potential mids coming in next year as Lauder can play attack or mid and I have heard good things about Dordevic out of Oregon.

Also have to keep the transfer market in mind as I think SU will be in the market for a FOGO and possibly an attackmen. While its unlikely you also have to consider the possibility of Zack Miller if he doesn't turn pro and wants to use up his last year of eligibility.

I've also seen Nisky play numerous games over the years in State playoffs, etc. Quinn is one of, if not the best player to ever come through Nisky, a very notable hs program. 55 points as a freshman, 77 pts. as a sophmore, and 99 pts. as a jr. one of the most developed players ive seen at hs level and a top 10 recruit all 3 years. Hard to believe you don't know which kid he is on the field...

I see him making an immediate impact.

I'm well aware of his statistics. I don't think he's a can't miss D1 player though. Hope I'm wrong.

How did he do against Darien, I don't remember. I just remember Darien blew them off the field.

H
I'm well aware of his statistics. I don't think he's a can't miss D1 player though. Hope I'm wrong.

How did he do against Darien, I don't remember. I just remember Darien blew them off the field.

He had 4 goals against Darien and 1 against St. Anthony's. His skill set is very high. The problem I see is that he is not physically imposing, nor does he posses particularly eye popping athleticism.

His stat number are good but they/Nisky annually play play well into the playoffs (last year is the only time he didn't make it into the State tournament) so he's getting some extra games every year. He's currently at I think 68 points which is about 5th in the Suburban Council (strongest league in SEct II). Big test Tuesday against Shaker which handily beat Shen this earlier in the week and hasn't been tested locally.

H

He had 4 goals against Darien and 1 against St. Anthony's. His skill set is very high. The problem I see is that he is not physically imposing, nor does he posses particularly eye popping athleticism.

His stat number are good but they/Nisky annually play play well into the playoffs (last year is the only time he didn't make it into the State tournament) so he's getting some extra games every year. He's currently at I think 68 points which is about 5th in the Suburban Council (strongest league in SEct II). Big test Tuesday against Shaker which handily beat Shen this earlier in the week and hasn't been tested locally.
Sounds like jordan evans 2.0

Much different players not the least of which is Quinn plays midfield and is a much better shooter.
I was referring to the description. High skill set, not physically imposing, doesn't posses eye popping athleticism.

H

Last year is the only year he didn't make the state tournament but he finished with by far his most points ever in 99? Hmm I still like this kid and I think he is a big time player here at cuse. One thing in my opinion that we still lack going forward are good dodgers, in my estimation Quinn will bring that.

I was referring to the description. High skill set, not physically imposing, doesn't posses eye popping athleticism.

This part is exactly what I was referring to when I said, sometimes I “don't even know which kid he is on the field.” It’s exactly how I feel when I watch him play; high skill set, not physically imposing, doesn't posses eye popping athleticism. He is thick and clearly strong though.

And this is also why I struggle with predicting how he’s going to be for us. Without eye popping athleticism and speed can he be an above average middie alley dodger? I just don’t know.

He could be the middie version of Rob Pannell or the Syracuse version of Jordan Evans & Tom Grimm.

I have reservations.

(and regarding his stats, putting up 4 against Darien is outstanding and what you want to see, but he also feasts on bad competition. The Shaker showdown looms)

This part is exactly what I was referring to when I said, sometimes I “don't even know which kid he is on the field.” It’s exactly how I feel when I watch him play; high skill set, not physically imposing, doesn't posses eye popping athleticism. He is thick and clearly strong though.

And this is also why I struggle with predicting how he’s going to be for us. Without eye popping athleticism and speed can he be an above average middie alley dodger? I just don’t know.

He could be the middie version of Rob Pannell or the Syracuse version of Jordan Evans & Tom Grimm.

I have reservations.

(and regarding his stats, putting up 4 against Darien is outstanding and what you want to see, but he also feasts on bad competition. The Shaker showdown looms)
I agree with you but I think he will be a very solid player for SU. The Nisky v. Shaker game in on TW/Spectrum.

47421.jpg

Their Senior Night game vs Shaker is currently being streamed live on Spectrum Sports (login required)

Live Streaming

The replay will be aired on the Spectrum Sports TV channel (Syracuse/CNY/Whitesboro :)) tomorrow night at 10pm. Here's the rest of the scheduled replays.

IMG_0924.PNG

Having watched Quinn for 3 years, he reminds me A LOT of former 'Cuse star midfielder Pat Perrit ('06-'09). Same shorter, stocky build, burst, & quick release. I think Quinn is a slightly better passer, or maybe just a more willing passer. Hopefully he can have a career similar to Pat's (on the field, that is ;)).