Class of 2018 - New Commit: Matt Magnan (NY: Fox Lane), Mid Signed | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Matt Magnan (NY: Fox Lane), Mid Signed

ok...i'll be a bit more relieved when there is actual documentation of him signing.

Its a major recruiting guy who sometimes posts over on lax power.

This is the highlight video of one of Magnan's teammates from spring 2017. Magnan is involved in many of the plays.

This is the highlight video of one of Magnan's teammates from spring 2017. Magnan is involved in many of the plays.
Dillon's the younger brother of our one-time '16 commit Cullen Morgan who later flipped to G'Town. Cullen redshirted this past year.

Magnan is #24. Audio NSFW

Last edited:
While Magnan's drop in the recruiting rankings has been covered here, and I have pointed it out a few times, I enjoyed this article and video about him.
Boys lacrosse: Matt Magnan is back on the radar for Fox Lane
Also, he looks like he is in much better shape, which is a great sign. It does mention that he was in and out of the Fox Lane lineup this spring and was hoping to be healthy for the playoffs. I'm looking forward to watching him play in the UAAA game.

While Magnan's drop in the recruiting rankings has been covered here, and I have pointed it out a few times, I enjoyed this article and video about him.
Boys lacrosse: Matt Magnan is back on the radar for Fox Lane
Also, he looks like he is in much better shape, which is a great sign. It does mention that he was in and out of the Fox Lane lineup this spring and was hoping to be healthy for the playoffs. I'm looking forward to watching him play in the UAAA game.

Heres a good article about John Jay winning and our future goalie commit playing well.

Boys lacrosse: John Jay outplays Yorktown again to win Section 1 Class B title

South Offense Explodes in 22-15 Win in Under Armour All-America Game; 10 Who Impressed

Matt Magnan, M, Fox Lane (N.Y.)/Syracuse
Magnan scored two goals and an assist in Saturday’s game, leaning on his best assets, size and athleticism. How he fits in at a program that has a roster full of athletic midfielders will be interesting, but if all the pieces come together he could be a big body on the Orange’s offensive middie units.

Dont give full credence to takes given how the UAAA game is contested but good to see Magnan mentioned in Top Ten who Impressed given some past concern about dropoff. Liked that his size was cited. Our mids are talented n atheltic but helps to add some size . Seems that was somewhat of a focus for 18 middy recruits