Class of 2019 - New Commit: Nick Papa (Fayetteville-Manlius/IMG) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 New Commit: Nick Papa (Fayetteville-Manlius/IMG) Mid

Meet the 2018 All-CNY boys lacrosse team

9db_blogfmhagan1.jpeg

So, if I understand correctly, he graduated high school in 2018 and is doing a post-grad year at IMG?

OK I have to take a little of that prior post back, I had him confused with their FOGO who was a beast before tearing his ACL twice. Double checked on Papa and heard good things, person I spoke with thought he could be a very effective SSDM.

I'm really surprised by this - he was a nice player at FM, but not elite by any stretch. Maybe he got a lot better (and bigger) at IMG. Good shooter - primarily a lefty. Don't see him playing SSDM at all - his game is all offense.

Cuse brought in a lot of really good middies the past two classes:
2017: Curry, Dordevic, Lauder, Quinn
2018: Kim, Kim, Mangan, Fiorini
And in the 2019 class: Rosa and Levandowski

I'll be shocked if he ever sees any meaningful minutes - hope he proves me wrong.

Kid just committed and he’s already getting ripped. And then we wonder why recruits go other places.
We definitely would benefit from only posting positive things about recruits who commit. The online lacrosse community is so small there is a good chance these kids could find this when they google there name. Welcome Nick we are very happy to have you! :):):);):)

Welcome aboard Nick and a big congrats ... Only fifteen or so spots per class so quite an accomplishment to be one of the select chosen. Staff sees something in every recruit to be utilized or developed over time regardless of any hs buildup, il ranking or promotional videos posted here. Enjoy your accomplishment , final hs season, and know fans look forward to seeing you and other 19's next fall.

Every fan forum critiques their team especially their best players and it trickles down to recruits. It comes with the territory but projecting any recruit is premature and faulty, at every program some heralded recruits never find their d1 footing while some relative unknowns wildly exceed expectations. More clarity when recruits get here akin to top AA prospects in spring training baseball. All are obviously talented kids with promise to carve out a role whether that be early or late in career, leading or supportive.

Maybe we should have a private board so people can speak freely.

The list of SU recruits that I've been critical of includes some multi-year starts including Marcus Cunningham and Evan Molloy. The list of recruits I've been supportive of includes many players who never actually suited up for SU. We're fans and we don't know nearly as much as the coaches.

I’m all for speaking freely, but I think we should keep in mind who these recruits are — 16-, 17-year-old kids.

Who criticized him? What Purple Haze said was really measured, and he concluded with essentially wishing the best for the player.

My thoughts are if they commit. We should only be positive. I have been some what critical in the past. However I recently googled a recruits name and the first thing to came up was our board. Now my thoughts are if a recruit googles themselves or a friend or family member does and see Syracuse fans being critical, could that at all affect their commitment? I think the answer is possibly. So I’ve decided to now just be excited and let the process play out. Once they are on the team, that’s the time to gauge and critique their skills.

My apologies for ripping the kid by saying he's not elite. I'm sure he was probably devastated when he read my comment and will probably end up transferring.

Also, I ordered the Code Red.

Don't see him playing SSDM at all - his game is all offense.

Just curious how do you know his game is all offense? Is there any footage? Why would the person JeremyCuse spoke with think he would make a good SSDM?

Just curious how do you know his game is all offense? Is there any footage? Why would the person JeremyCuse spoke with think he would make a good SSDM?
Personal observation - I've probably seen him play 15+ games (and that's conservative number) over the past two years. Look, I wasn't ripping the kid. He's a nice player - above average athlete, good wheels and a heck of a shooter. And from what I hear he comes from a great family. Like I said - I hope he proves me wrong.

Personal observation - I've probably seen him play 15+ games (and that's conservative number) over the past two years. Look, I wasn't ripping the kid. He's a nice player - above average athlete, good wheels and a heck of a shooter. And from what I hear he comes from a great family. Like I said - I hope he proves me wrong.

No worries I didn't think you were ripping the kid I was honestly just curious what the evidence was. Wonder how much the IMG experience improves someones strength/lax IQ.

I advise a deep breath for all us posters. Okay, now think about what some identify as criticism. I have hardly ever read a malicious comment on lacrosse fora, perhaps with the exception of obvious trollers. Those we should all call out, but evaluations of player or recruit skills are part of the nature of human observation. Judgements are human and if meant as an attempt to spur and provoke argument or interest, I say have at it. Feel free to speak out. The sooner kids discover that they will spend the rest of their lives being judged the better. As long as this stuff is not personal, bring it. If you don't like a comment, refute it or respond in some other way.

As a professional, I worked under the constant intense real time scrutiny of people much smarter and much better at the job than I was. Immeasurable growth for which I will always be grateful. I remember best the criticism that brought me up short, hit my core. The stuff that made me numb for a second.

These kids have also been observed and critiqued. Most of it has made them better players and people. I acknowledge that I have assessed a lot of players both positively and negatively on these fora. I will continue to do so. I enjoy it when you disagree with me. It gets me going. Keeps me interested. We don't need to become a "safe zone".