Class of 2022 - New Commit: Riley Figueiras (DC: St Johns) Defense | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Riley Figueiras (DC: St Johns) Defense

Doesn’t look like Figueiras misses leg day.

Last edited:
Well, we didn’t see that coming.

St. John’s (D.C.) not only beat St. Anthony’s (N.Y.) in the showdown of the NLF’s top two high school teams on Friday. The Cadets left no doubt that they were the top team in the country with an 11-5 win over the Friars, a number that would have looked worse if not for St. Anthony’s scoring twice in the final minute.

St. John’s owned just about every battle and walked away knowing that they had shown that the chasm between them and everyone else was that sizable. Of course, still undefeated Brunswick (Conn.) undoubtedly has something to say about that, and a theoretical game between the two would certainly be something to see.

Advertisement
Despite that, Caleb Fyock (Crabs / Ohio State) and his squad ascend to the top spot in this edition of the NLF high school rankings. The junior goalie, ranked as the No. 11 player in the ’23 class, was brilliant for the Cadets with 17 saves against the Friars’ high-powered offense. Defensemen Richard Checo (Lehigh)and Riley Figueiras (Syracuse) continued to prove that they should be in the five-star mix in the final NLF ’22 rankings.

“We’re a whole unit, it’s not just one player,” Checo said. “I think (we showed that we’re the top team) so, but you never know. You still have to keep getting better, and we’re playing for May 9 for our conference championship.”

How did Riley and Rhoa look? I only caught the last 6 mins.

They looked great. A little gassed at the end. Fig is great on GBs and Rhoa’s cannon is as advertised. Gonzaga’s goalie is heading to Penn, so no slouch.Really hoping Gait was there to give Duenkel a look. Kid is crafty. Tru also played very well.

They looked great. A little gassed at the end. Fig is great on GBs and Rhoa’s cannon is as advertised. Gonzaga’s goalie is heading to Penn, so no slouch.Really hoping Gait was there to give Duenkel a look. Kid is crafty. Tru also played very well.
Duenkel might be the top Attackman in his class, everyone will give him a look

When can gait and petro start recruiting RD?

Duenkel might be the top Attackman in his class, everyone will give him a look
He’s a five star number one attack in the class rank five overall according to NLF. It’s posted up in the recruits for this year

The player Figueiras was covering went down on a dodge attempt early in the game. Couldn’t see what happened from my view point but some were saying Figueiras hit him with a poke check that may have dislocated his shoulder. Need to go back and watch.

Nice little article. Interesting to think he would have never flipped to cuse if it was Desko and Rogers going after him since they didn't contact him when he was first available. But he was eager when the new staff reached out to him right away after they got the job. Growing up a cuse fan did not hurt us either. No mention at all of the injury but I would assume this was put together before that happened. Don't give us false hope IL!

i get this was written before the injury but it is super bizarre they didn't update the story to include that. the vast majority of casual lax fans reading it probably know nothing about the injury and will now expect to see him play in the spring after reading this article. it would have taken IL 30 seconds to write a line at the top telling readers not to expect figueiras this season. good lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom