Class of 2022 - New Commit: Riley Figueiras (DC: St Johns) Defense | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Riley Figueiras (DC: St Johns) Defense

i get this was written before the injury but it is super bizarre they didn't update the story to include that. the vast majority of casual lax fans reading it probably know nothing about the injury and will now expect to see him play in the spring after reading this article. it would have taken IL 30 seconds to write a line at the top telling readers not to expect figueiras this season. good lord

Ya very bizarre, a quick blurb noting he has a significant injury and is likely out for the season would have made a lot of sense. The only excuse I guess is that SU hasn't announced anything publicly so they don't want to mention it.

Nice little article. Interesting to think he would have never flipped to cuse if it was Desko and Rogers going after him since they didn't contact him when he was first available. But he was eager when the new staff reached out to him right away after they got the job. Growing up a cuse fan did not hurt us either. No mention at all of the injury but I would assume this was put together before that happened. Don't give us false hope IL!
My understanding is that at the time of the interview Syracuse did not want injury discussed. Notice the school has yet to release the info. Last I saw the only thing said by Syracuse was they are waiting on imaging.

i get this was written before the injury but it is super bizarre they didn't update the story to include that. the vast majority of casual lax fans reading it probably know nothing about the injury and will now expect to see him play in the spring after reading this article. it would have taken IL 30 seconds to write a line at the top telling readers not to expect figueiras this season. good lord

Yeah, unfortunately that's not even the biggest issue with the article. I have to assume this was written for the magazine and they are just reprinting it on the web, and it may make more sense in physical form, but the piece on a whole is really lacking in content.

Plus, like most other IL articles, it doesn't look like anyone edited it (or even re-read to check for typos). Why not discuss the fact he was given the 11 number as a freshman? Reading this back to back with piece US Lacrosse just ran on Will Mark is pretty striking. I know this was just meant as a blurb but frustrating this is all they could muster.

Yeah, unfortunately that's not even the biggest issue with the article. I have to assume this was written for the magazine and they are just reprinting it on the web, and it may make more sense in physical form, but the piece on a whole is really lacking in content.

Plus, like most other IL articles, it doesn't look like anyone edited it (or even re-read to check for typos). Why not discuss the fact he was given the 11 number as a freshman? Reading this back to back with piece US Lacrosse just ran on Will Mark is pretty striking. I know this was just meant as a blurb but frustrating this is all they could muster.

Last edited:
975037DA-5C4B-41F0-AA34-2A7371E97EA7.jpeg

Riley's a great kid and still rounding back into form from the injury. He and Dwan make a great combo and I think were really gonna see it next season. THis year he's been pretty good but had a few struggles ie the Maryland game and with Long on Tuesday.

Riley's a great kid and still rounding back into form from the injury. He and Dwan make a great combo and I think we’re really gonna see it next season. THis year he's been pretty good but had a few struggles ie the Maryland game and with Long on Tuesday.
Agree. Him and Billy are a great duo. They both should continue to get better together. Riley did have some struggles in the Maryland game but the Cornell game he was very good. Long and Kirst did most if not all of their damage on man up, transition and the 5v5 zone we ran. I never saw Long even try to dodge Figueiras like Pat did.

Last edited:
Agree. Him and Billy are a great due. They both should continue to get better together. Riley did have some struggles in the Maryland game but the Cornell game he was very good. Long and Kirst did most if not all of their damage on man up, transition and the 5v5 zone we ran. I never saw Long even try to dodge Figueiras like Pat did.
Yeah Long did very little if anything off the dodge. Goldstein was giving Caccamo and Kol trouble but that was about it for them seriously challenging long poles. Kirst got a couple looks but overall I thought Dwan did a great job.

Figueras had a couple iffy moments earlier in the season with Erksa probably giving him the most trouble, but he has been killing it for about the last 5 or 6 games. It seems like he maybe needed a little getting used to the D1 speed, but now has fully adjusted. He has been a bright spot in these recent games.

Jeremy do you know if Kol is coming back for sure next year, I know he walked with the other Seniors earlier this season.

Everybody who came in with the same recruiting class walks at the same time.

Kol has enough credits to graduate, but since he redshirted in 2021, he has one more year available.

Everybody who came in with the same recruiting class walks at the same time.

Kol has enough credits to graduate, but since he redshirted in 2021, he has one more year available.

Sure I know he has another year of eligibility but since he's graduating I was just wondering if there was any word yet on whether he was planning on using that last year here or maybe elsewhere.

Sure I know he has another year of eligibility but since he's graduating I was just wondering if there was any word yet on whether he was planning on using that last year here or maybe elsewhere.

No idea. Maybe he's waiting for the season to play out first.

Jeremy do you know if Kol is coming back for sure next year, I know he walked with the other Seniors earlier this season.

I wouldn't be shocked if he took his degree and moved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom