New commit? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New commit?

He hails from a great area for Football in Texas (located between Austin and Waco..same general area the last Heisman Winner RG3 (who BTW was a District Rival). He played in the Biggest Level (5A) in TX. The kid very possibly has redshirted in 8th grade (tradition in TX for stud and non-stud athletes) and should be ready to compete as a True Frosh.

His stadium (actually not that impressive for TX 5A) http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=190
His League (See District 12) http://www.5atexasfootball.com/standings-statistics/2011-standings/

3304121971_440e4f4d8b.jpg

The stadium is well regarded and one of the best that isn't shared in a co-op fashion

Texas A&M Board

Topic: Best High School Stadiums in Texas

Criteria:

Basically, limit to stadiums that actually belong to only one school and are on that school's campus. The list will be shorter, but it won't be the same stadiums that we always see on these lists

Temple High meets those criteria--and it is getting updated turf and jumbotron.

another

temple%2B1.jpg

Weight Room

I put my vote in for Temple High School's stadium.

and another

I've always liked Temple Wildcat Stadium...it is unique...and they are finally getting a jumbotron and field turf.

and another

I've been to Duncanville and Temple's stadiums and both are impressive
Link with more pics

From another blog

DSC06227_JPG.jpg

11,500 capacity

One of the best parts of high school football is traveling for away games. For the 2nd round of the playoffs my Lutheran North met Liberty Christian on a neutral field in Temple. A field in one of the grandest high school stadium's I have ever seen. I guess when you win 2 state championships you are allowed to invest in skyboxes and a replay screen.
Link

Video
In 2010 they had to get rid of 100,000 bats at Wildcat Stadium

5151392.jpg

WildcatFootballt.gif

The stadium is well regarded and one of the best that isn't shared in a co-op fashion

Texas A&M Board

Criteria:

Basically, limit to stadiums that actually belong to only one school and are on that school's campus. The list will be shorter, but it won't be the same stadiums that we always see on these lists

another

temple%2B1.jpg

Weight Room

and another

I've always liked Temple Wildcat Stadium...it is unique...and they are finally getting a jumbotron and field turf.

and another

Link with more pics

From another blog

DSC06227_JPG.jpg

11,500 capacity

One of the best parts of high school football is traveling for away games. For the 2nd round of the playoffs my Lutheran North met Liberty Christian on a neutral field in Temple. A field in one of the grandest high school stadium's I have ever seen. I guess when you win 2 state championships you are allowed to invest in skyboxes and a replay screen.
Link

Video

5151392.jpg

WildcatFootballt.gif
Pretty sure they used that stadium in the Friday Night Lights TV show.

Great news. Let's just hope Allen sticks around longer than our last commit from Texas (Charlie Copa) did.

Pretty sure they used that stadium in the Friday Night Lights TV show.

Could not find anything to connect the show with Wildcat Stadium, this is what I found:

The final show was from Frankford Stadium, the pilot episode was filmed at Kuempel Stadium, all five seasons of Friday Night Lights were filmed in Austin and Pflugerville.

One of the reasons is parents in Texas commonly hold back their kids a year in school to effectively redshirt them so they physically mature and gain a competitive advantage. Thus, seniors in Texas would be college freshmen in New York.

This rule of thumb also applies to the Paulus family.

"Quarterback Zach Allen (Temple, Texas/Temple) couldn’t visit Syracuse in person, so he did the next best thing.

He let Syracuse come to him.

Allen took a campus tour by way of video conferencing on Tuesday, which was enough for him to give the Orange a verbal commitment Wednesday evening. Allen became Syracuse’s fourth commitment of the 2013 recruiting class."

Would love to see that virtual tour, especially if there were some on going renovations included.

Surprised no one is talking about this:

"Allen, who plans to graduate from Temple in December, on Wednesday night verbally committed to attend Syracuse starting next January and to play for the Orange beginning in the 2013 season."

That's a real big deal, he gets to compete for the spot against Hunt, Kinder & Austin right away. Broyld will be the Mohamed Sanu of SU by that time.
From

Hopefully we lock him up more firmly before bigger programs, particularly the Texas schools, really start circling.

The hell with the Texas schools. The one I'm really worried about is WVU. Didn't you hear? WVU is in the BIG 12!

The hell with the Texas schools. The one I'm really worried about is WVU. Didn't you hear? WVU is in the BIG 12!

But they don't get a full payout for 3 years so it's like a junior club membership. They can't drink in the bar.

Texas A&M Board

Criteria:

another

temple%2B1.jpg

Weight Room

and another

and another

Link with more pics

From another blog

DSC06227_JPG.jpg

11,500 capacity

Link

Video

5151392.jpg

WildcatFootballt.gif

LOL guess they are improving it (new turf and jumbotron) since my son played against Temple in 2005 (next door to the stadium in Tennis)...still there are some better HS stadiums out there in 5A...the best one seems to be the one in Allen, TX. There are schools in TX the size of NY Class B and C schools adding Video Boards now...ridiculous how much $$$ they pump into FB...but they also sell 1000's of tix at approx $10 or so to the games.

"Quarterback Zach Allen (Temple, Texas/Temple) couldn’t visit Syracuse in person, so he did the next best thing.

Allen took a campus tour by way of video conferencing on Tuesday, which was enough for him to give the Orange a verbal commitment Wednesday evening. Allen became Syracuse’s fourth commitment of the 2013 recruiting class."

Would love to see that virtual tour, especially if there were some on going renovations included.

Same here, definitely think they would of showed him what's up and coming.

LOL guess they improved it since my son played against Temple in 2005 (next door to the stadium in Tennis)...still there are some better HS stadiums out there in 5A...the best one seems to be the one in Allen, TX.

The Allen stadium is absolutely incredible. USC East would be very comfortable playing there before 200 fans.

Texas A&M Board

Criteria:

another

temple%2B1.jpg

Weight Room

and another

and another

Link with more pics

From another blog

DSC06227_JPG.jpg

11,500 capacity

Link

Video

5151392.jpg

WildcatFootballt.gif

Looks like the Big East added the wrong "Temple".

It's a big benefit recruiting a QB with that speed. That way, if QB doesn't work out there are other options such as WR, DB, RB. He's part QB part athlete.

Was thinking the same thing. If he were to move, he looks more like a WR than the other options you mentioned. He's slippery, too. Would be nice to have more WRs that can make people miss. Could end up under center, though.

best thing about a jan enrollee is less time for schools to go after him after the season is done. tex hs playoffs get done pretty late and only a few weeks until showing up in jan.. thats 4-5 weeks less of recruiting to be done on the kid by schools who jump in late..

best thing about a jan enrollee is less time for schools to go after him after the season is done. tex hs playoffs get done pretty late and only a few weeks until showing up in jan.. thats 4-5 weeks less of recruiting to be done on the kid by schools who jump in late..

Him committing to Syracuse now might also be his way of getting the Oklahoma States of the world to get in gear and make a move.

Him committing to Syracuse now might also be his way of getting the Oklahoma States of the world to get in gear and make a move.

FWIW, Jack Del Rio's son committed to Ok. State today to play QB.

My assumption is that they showed him a virtual tour of some other school's facilities and figure they'll just explain the error when he arrives in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom