New Commits! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Commits!

First time we've ever successfully pulled off a package deal?

Gator Clayton and Landel Bembo in 2003.

Lobdell and Williams in 2005.

Andrew Lewis and the Baileys and Van Chew.

There was a third commit as well. I see no mention of 3 star OT Cody Conway from Illinois.

This quote from Byrne is why I don't think I could ever be a recruiter, and why I understand coaches wanting an early signing period.

"We don't plan to decommit, but if there's a bigger fish or I go visit another school and I like it more, then we'll talk it over."

It has to be hard to line up verbal commitments early and then worry that a kid is going to change 10 times before signing day based on who offers them.

This quote from Byrne is why I don't think I could ever be a recruiter, and why I understand coaches wanting an early signing period.

It has to be hard to line up verbal commitments early and then worry that a kid is going to change 10 times before signing day based on who offers them.

lot of balls for a kid to say who has no other offers at this time.

What stinks is he can switch whenever he feels like, but if he gets hurt or has a bad senior year, we're stuck with him. Wish it was a 2-way street. Early signing period can't get here early enough

What stinks is he can switch whenever he feels like, but if he gets hurt or has a bad senior year, we're stuck with him. Wish it was a 2-way street. Early signing period can't get here early enough

ZERO scholarship offers are actually there until kids start receiving the written offers from the school closer to NSD. Just an FYI.

The ACC pushing for an early signing period is brilliant.

Well not the right thing to say...but he is 17 or so. I'd give him a pass and not judge too harshly.

lot of balls for a kid to say who has no other offers at this time.
011114_franklin-happy_600.jpg