New Commits! | Syracusefan.com

New Commits!

Given the national program that STA is, im curious why Syracuse is the first and only offers that either of these lineman have received? This question/thought is not ment to be snarky as im sure there is a reasonable explaination. As starters for STA im sure other programs have seen these two on multiple occasions. In any regard, I for one am happy we are starting to build a pipeline to one of the best programs in the country.

Given the national program that STA is, im curious why Syracuse is the first and only offers that either of these lineman have received? This question/thought is not ment to be snarky as im sure there is a reasonable explaination. As starters for STA im sure other programs have seen these two on multiple occasions. In any regard, I for one am happy we are starting to build a pipeline to one of the best programs in the country.

We're more intelligent and more motivated?

i cant imagine lining up against these two animals in hs. i was a nose tackle at 6', 180.
My roommate played center in high school at Detroit Catholic Central and had to face Mike Martin (who went on to be Michigan's defensive captain and is currently a Tennessee Titan) and still talks about the beat-downs he got on a daily basis at practice.

I was OLB @ 165. I tried to split the B gap in practice between 285 and 270 and ended up doing a Superman impersonation... if superman flew backwards

LOL, thats all i did was shoot the gaps...

Edit: i meant thats all i TRIED to do

From what I have read it was suspected all along that the two would be a package deal, and Syracuse was the only school to offer both prospects.

This link says Clausman had an offer from Marshall. Ranked #51 prospect from Broward/Palm counties. That is not bad at all. Bryne is listed a little lower at #71.

This link says Clausman was named to the 1st team OL in the Miami Nike Combine. Again, that is impressive work.

My take watching the film on these guys is that neither is exceptionally graceful or athletic, nor are they great speedsters.

But they are physical, they are tough, well coached and yes, they are #hardnosed. Clausman looks a little more mobile, he pulls a lot in his video and does a consistently good job clearing his man out one-on-one. Also looks strong in the trenches, where he tends to overwhelm whoever is unfortunate to be in front of him.

Byrne looks stiff and a little awkward at times but he has good feet, is tough at the point of attack and his pass blocking looks impressive for a HS junior.

Both are also excellent students, an important attribute at this position.

Of the other starters on their line last year, one is going to UConn and another to Miami. They had a couple of top D1 prospects on their DL that they went up against in practice all the time.

St Thomas Aquinas plays as tough a schedule as anyone in the high school ranks. These kids should be well prepared by the time they get to Syracuse.

sutomcat said:
This link says Clausman had an offer from Marshall. Ranked #51 prospect from Broward/Palm counties. That is not bad at all. Bryne is listed a little lower at #71.

This link says Clausman was named to the 1st team OL in the Miami Nike Combine. Again, that is impressive work.

My take watching the film on these guys is that neither is exceptionally graceful or athletic, nor are they great speedsters.

But they are physical, they are tough, well coached and yes, they are #hardnosed. Clausman looks a little more mobile, he pulls a lot in his video and does a consistently good job clearing his man out one-on-one. Also looks strong in the trenches, where he tends to overwhelm whoever is unfortunate to be in front of him.

Byrne looks stiff and a little awkward at times but he has good feet, is tough at the point of attack and his pass blocking looks impressive for a HS junior.

Both are also excellent students, an important attribute at this position.

Of the other starters on their line last year, one is going to UConn and another to Miami. They had a couple of top D1 prospects on their DL that they went up against in practice all the time.

St Thomas Aquinas plays as tough a schedule as anyone in the high school ranks. These kids should be well prepared by the time they get to Syracuse.

Just saw on espn.com they have 2 4 star players heading to FAU.

dynomite.jpg
WELL DONE,COACHES!!!!

1. Eric White‏@EricWhiteCuse 11m
  2. Did we just go 3 in one day?! @CoachGMcDonald @coachtimlester @CoachJoeAdam #BIGS #CUSE15 #BeBold @dialcole13 we're celebrating tonight

3. Eric White‏@EricWhiteCuse 12m
  4. BEST DAY EVERRRRRRRRRRRR @CoachTimLester !! #OrangeNation we are rolling!!! #BIG #CUSE15 #BeBold
  1. Eric White‏@EricWhiteCuse 11m
  2. Did we just go 3 in one day?! @CoachGMcDonald @coachtimlester @CoachJoeAdam #BIGS #CUSE15 #BeBold @dialcole13 we're celebrating tonight
AND THEN THERE WERE THREE...CODY CONWAY COMMITS
8757aa231adb20a996a9efd071e51a45_bigger.jpeg
Eric White‏@EricWhiteCuse 12m
  1. BEST DAY EVERRRRRRRRRRRR @CoachTimLester !! #OrangeNation we are rolling!!! #BIG #CUSE15 #BeBold

I will take Florida D1 prospect any day. Especially those from a national power like St. Thomas Aquinas. Go Cuse!