New DC: Rocky Long (now official) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Rocky Long (now official)

He gets panned for Johnny B Good but I enjoy it.

He set a high bar for future Rusty's.
1671248485613.jpeg

I was really surprised to hear that our new DC was going to call the bowl game. I would think that the contract work would be bottomed out by the end of the weekend so that he can start Monday working with the players. Gotta give it to JW and Dino for turning what was definitely some strong headwinds 10 days ago and really creating some positive outcomes. Swag and the recruiting team deserve credit as well. It is telling (knock on wood) that we didn't see any other coaches bailing out or other players beyond Duce and Carter. I realize some players still may but I have to imagine that with the infusion of Rocky, Beck bumped up to OC, top former 300 players added and while I don't have proof, maybe some behind the scenes Nil happening, there's definitely a positive vibe happening here. Now if we add Rooks, a Center and a WR our recruiting class will be excellent!

I know some folks get upset when threads meander, but I love it. My sense of humor often makes seemingly random jumps to remotely connected items, so threads like this being me joy. Rocky Long >>>>>>>> Rusty the flatulent horse. It’s gold!!!

I’ll add a Rusty

I am old enough to remember Phil Rizzuto mispronouncing his name on the radio and Bill White laughing so hard he had to leave the booth.

But back to football! What a week! Guess we were on the nice list, huh Santa!?
Rizzuto, White and Messer were the best. I think White is the only one still living. You “huckleberry”!

A couple of stories from New Mexico confirming the story.

Rocky apparently cleaned out his office on Thursday.

Please return to the shenanigans now….

f978879e6e02f619407769c3f04c218d.jpg

Wait. Rocky is in the portal? Was he contacted by someone about a job opening when he was already at NM?
I am sure there are folks here who will want nothing to do with him.

Wait. Rocky is in the portal? Was he contacted by someone about a job opening when he was already at NM?
I am sure there are folks here who will want nothing to do with him.
We get it. You are in favor of the portal and NIL for the players.
For some players it is probably a good thing for others it will end up being a bad decision.
As an SU fan I hate loosing players, however, it’s clear we also can get good players out of the portal.
Similar to when an su coach left the program I did not have any interest in their career the same will be for the players.
I do not want anyone to fail or do bad. It’s just as an SU fan my focus will be on the coaches and players on the team and that end their playing career at SU.

This surely is a fascinating part of our post-season. For a program that just lost both primary coordinators, how is it that Dino & Wildhack transitioned so quickly into two superb choices to replace them? On the face of it, kudos are warranted. Add to that how active our recruiters have been in filling holes in our roster, and it's been a good post-season so far. I don't believe a healthy Shrader should ever be an underdog. He's clutch. We'll have a fun team for the pinstripe bowl. New coordinators and players that will be hungry for the win, and rabid fans, too. LGO!!

We get it. You are in favor of the portal and NIL for the players.
For some players it is probably a good thing for others it will end up being a bad decision.
As an SU fan I hate loosing players, however, it’s clear we also can get good players out of the portal.
Similar to when an su coach left the program I did not have any interest in their career the same will be for the players.
I do not want anyone to fail or do bad. It’s just as an SU fan my focus will be on the coaches and players on the team and that end their playing career at SU.
I’m in favor of fairness and consistency. I’m against petty people wanting to limit it for others for selfish, inconsequential reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom