New Director of HS Relations: Deon Maddox | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Director of HS Relations: Deon Maddox

8:47 mark. Maddox punt return TD at WVU.

Holy cow, look at the Nebraska score and the stats for the Colorado game. Caruth 7 catches for 222 yards. That's efficient.

How about that backwards onsides kick??!!
Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Unless you go full retro the helmets are ugly

I know this is an old-ish thread but -

What is the difference between 'Director of HS Relations' vs 'Director of Recruiting' (Kramer Cook's old job)?

EDIT: The only reason why I'm wondering about this is if Deon handles HS recruits, how does the staff assess transfers? The transfer portal is huge right now but, if the title is accurate, it's out of Deon's realm of influence.
I just wonder if there is one person who coordinates reviewing potential transfers.

Last edited:

What is the difference between 'Director of HS Relations' vs 'Director of Recruiting' (Kramer Cook's old job)?
I don't know, but I don't remember ever having less recruits on campus.

This might bring Little Joe back out of hiding.

He's never quite forgiven him for that fumble against Miami during the comeback in '96. We weren't even allowed to mention him by name.
that fumble broke him

EDIT: The only reason why I'm wondering about this is if Deon handles HS recruits, how does the staff assess transfers? The transfer portal is huge right now but, if the title is accurate, it's out of Deon's realm of influence.
I just wonder if there is one person who coordinates reviewing potential transfers.
Just from what I see on Twitter Maddox and Gigliotti seem to be setting up visitations. Coaches are involved in the evaluations of prospects.

I don't know, but I don't remember ever having less recruits on campus.
The Bye week will give the coaches an opportunity to go out and recruit and make evaluations. There are still prospects that visited and haven't committed anywhere. Also kids are still playing HS games and many won't visit until they can take an OV.

I dont know all the things involved with HS relations job but that is the person I contact when I want to set up a day to visit or watch a practice. The relations guy needs to have a relationship with local coaches in regards to coaching clinics as well. I imagine there has to be some level of recruiting. They might make the initial contact then one of the coaches takes over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom