New Draftexpress Mock: Tyus Battle #35 | Syracusefan.com

New Draftexpress Mock: Tyus Battle #35

With a win vs asu battle moves into the 1st. A win vs tcu, top 30... then we all know what happens next

With a win vs asu battle moves into the 1st. A win vs tcu, top 30... then we all know what happens next
His body of work to date (which put him on the NBA radar) and his showing at the combine will determine where he is selected. His performance in an NCAAT game or two will have little bearing on his draft stock.

His body of work to date (which put him on the NBA radar) and his showing at the combine will determine where he is selected. His performance in an NCAAT game or two will have little bearing on his draft stock.

I throw out all rationality in march when it comes to draft stock.

It's of course behind a paywall now, but they have Battle going #35 now and a top 10 of:

1. DeAndre Ayton
2. Luka Doncic
3. Jaren Jackson
4. Marvin Bagley
5. Mo Bamba
6. Wendell Carter
7. Michael Porter
8. Collin s e xton
9. Trae Young
10. Mikal Bridges

NBA mock draft: New No. 1 pick, more lottery movement

I would expect Battle to go between 25-40.

The Ayton / Doncic discussion will be an interesting one. Wendall Carter is sneaking up the draft board. I think he'll be solid.

I would expect Battle to go between 25-40.

The Ayton / Doncic discussion will be an interesting one. Wendall Carter is sneaking up the draft board. I think he'll be solid.

My semi hot take is that Carter will be a better pro than Bagley.

If the knicks get Trae Young at 9, well, that would make me quite happy.

Malachi Richardson would like a word...
He was already on the radar and was planning to test the waters anyway. I'm not convinced he would have been taken appreciably later without the UVA game.

He better be worth it. Frank is a heck of a defender (not saying he isn't).

When a first round pick is worth some number of millions of dollars to a team, the only logical thing to do is to throw the hundreds of thousands of dollars a team spends on scouting out the window and just grab a player the GM saw on the teevee do well.

A) I love that stat.
B) I think Trae Young has a lot of Steph Curry in him.

I like Trae, but it's been a brutal couple months for him now. Steph never struggled like this.

Edit: I'm not off the Trae bandwagon, but this recent stretch definitely has given me some pause.

Agree on Carter. Said the same thing after our game against Duke.

Agree on Carter. Said the same thing after our game against Duke.

Givony was on Sirius Ch. 84 yesterday talking about what players in the Tourney scouts and GMs are paying attention to and like the most. He said Bagley is not a top 5 guy right now and potentially slipping. He said they worry about his defense and that he could be a ‘tweener’ in the NBA. He won’t be able to bully people in the paint like in college and his 3pt shooting needs to get better.

They LOVE Ayton and how can you not. He said they have looked a LOT into his background and think he is clean and a good kid. He is a team first player. His hands, footwork, power, and instincts are a once in a decade type of talent he said. He is making short jumpers every game now. He also said Mikal Bridges on Villanova is a guy they love and have no worries about in terms of ‘older’ players. He said they love the system he plays in and that he does everything well. He said he is guy who is an early teens pick.

I like Trae, but it's been a brutal couple months for him now. Steph never struggled like this.

Edit: I'm not off the Trae bandwagon, but this recent stretch definitely has given me some pause.

I take the point, but he's playing in a tough league, is a freshmen, and is being asked to shoulder a ridiculous load of their offense. I'm cutting him some slack, but maybe it's too much. He's 11th in the country in % of shots taken, and 1st in assist rate. Put him in a situation where he has to do less, and I think he will shine.

Givony was on Sirius Ch. 84 yesterday talking about what players in the Tourney scouts and GMs are paying attention to and like the most. He said Bagley is not a top 5 guy right now and potentially slipping. He said they worry about his defense and that he could be a ‘tweener’ in the NBA. He won’t be able to bully people in the paint like in college and his 3pt shooting needs to get better.

They LOVE Ayton and how can you not. He said they have looked a LOT into his background and think he is clean and a good kid. He is a team first player. His hands, footwork, power, and instincts are a once in a decade type of talent he said. He is making short jumpers every game now. He also said Mikal Bridges on Villanova is a guy they love and have no worries about in terms of ‘older’ players. He said they love the system he plays in and that he does everything well. He said he is guy who is an early teens pick.

Yeah that's kinda how I feel about Bagley, the block rate isn't fantastic for a guy who is gonna have to be a C. It's also funny, the cheap comp for him is Okafor, since they're similar type players, same school, but if you go to Ken Pom, the #1 season most similar to Bagley? Jalil Okafor, 2015.

I think the one knock on Ayton may be that he isn't going to necessarily be a defensive anchor. But man, he's impressive.

I take the point, but he's playing in a tough league, is a freshmen, and is being asked to shoulder a ridiculous load of their offense. I'm cutting him some slack, but maybe it's too much. He's 11th in the country in % of shots taken, and 1st in assist rate. Put him in a situation where he has to do less, and I think he will shine.

Yeah that's kinda how I feel about Bagley, the block rate isn't fantastic for a guy who is gonna have to be a C. It's also funny, the cheap comp for him is Okafor, since they're similar type players, same school, but if you go to Ken Pom, the #1 season most similar to Bagley? Jalil Okafor, 2015.

I think the one knock on Ayton may be that he isn't going to necessarily be a defensive anchor. But man, he's impressive.

I missed the portion about Sexton/Trae Young. I, too, think that in the NBA he will really shine with this skills not having to do everything.

Forgot to mention Michael Porter on Missouri. They are not that high on him currently. Givony says that right now he is a very “upright” kind of player. Me first guy and a chucker. Obviously the post-injury issues. Defense is suspect too.