New Draftexpress Mock: Tyus Battle #35 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Draftexpress Mock: Tyus Battle #35

NBA teams are always looking for good supine shooters.
First Time poster but since the subject matter involves whether a player is a go or no go to the NBA, I would
like to pass along a comment from a person who is familiar with the Battle family.

When Tyus was elected to the ACC all academic team, I(the poster) felt that his family must have been
pro education and instilled in the family that education is an important part of life and it starts at home.
This past weekend I was waiting to board a plane coming back north from Flordia. For those of you who know me,
I always wear a SU jacket, shirt, etc when traveling. So the conversation started about SU and Men's BB. He then said that
he has been a friend of the Battle family for many years. I mentioned about the All Academic team and his response was
" I am not surprised because his mother has always made sure her family put education first. She was a pillar for education."

So when I boarded and sat down, I was thinking she must be really proud of her son to achieve All Academic. Then
started to think of Tyus staying two more years and pay back his mother when he crosses the stage. Would parents like
their child to receive a big salary for a few years; yes. But on the other hand, success is not always money.

Who knows what will happen, but with a lot negativity recently on recruiting, I was happy to hear that a parent values
education and that education started at home for the Battles.

Good job and thank you Mrs.Battle.

Jrggalu

My semi hot take is that Carter will be a better pro than Bagley.

If the knicks get Trae Young at 9, well, that would make me quite happy.
Man I hope not. We don't need guards and he is not Curry. Frank can play.

First Time poster but since the subject matter involves whether a player is a go or no go to the NBA, I would
like to pass along a comment from a person who is familiar with the Battle family.

When Tyus was elected to the ACC all academic team, I(the poster) felt that his family must have been
pro education and instilled in the family that education is an important part of life and it starts at home.
This past weekend I was waiting to board a plane coming back north from Flordia. For those of you who know me,
I always wear a SU jacket, shirt, etc when traveling. So the conversation started about SU and Men's BB. He then said that
he has been a friend of the Battle family for many years. I mentioned about the All Academic team and his response was
" I am not surprised because his mother has always made sure her family put education first. She was a pillar for education."

So when I boarded and sat down, I was thinking she must be really proud of her son to achieve All Academic. Then
started to think of Tyus staying two more years and pay back his mother when he crosses the stage. Would parents like
their child to receive a big salary for a few years; yes. But on the other hand, success is not always money.

Who knows what will happen, but with a lot negativity recently on recruiting, I was happy to hear that a parent values
education and that education started at home for the Battles.

Good job and thank you Mrs.Battle.

Jrggalu
If he values a degree I am sure he could fill up in the summer classes and come back for one more year and graduate next year.

If Battle comes back we are top 25 all year next year. I am just going to assume he is gone though.
He has helped the program at an important time and won’t be forgotten.

Bagley isn't a sure fire 5 or sure fire 4. And he isn't a rim protector. With that said, I think he's starting to become underrated. He is a beast and very versatile. His ceiling is way higher than Wendall's.

Ayton is very good, but his defensive metrics are absymal. While there is some wiggle room with defensive metrics (remember when they said Kawhi wasn't a good defender?), most people say he is, at best, an up and down defender at the college level which is a big, big red flag for the NBA.

KAT took years to become an adequate defender at the NBA level and he was a beast defender in college.

There is a legit argument for Doncic at #1. I still think he is the best prospect in the draft (over Ayton, Bagley, etc). I think his versatility and his performance in the league he's in almost solidifies that he'll be a good NBA player with a high ceiling.

Man I hope not. We don't need guards and he is not Curry. Frank can play.

I think Frank is more of a 2. Frank and Young is a viable backcourt, I think.

I think Frank is more of a 2. Frank and Young is a viable backcourt, I think.

I think we'd need Frank if we draft Trae. It would need to be like Steph and Klay. Klay always guards the other team's best guard. Same thing would need to happen with Frank and Trae.

It would be nice to move to a more position-less team, too. Frank has a lot of room for growth on the offensive end. I think Trae would be fun in NYC.

We just need to get KP to the 5 for good.

I think we'd need Frank if we draft Trae. It would need to be like Steph and Klay. Klay always guards the other team's best guard. Same thing would need to happen with Frank and Trae.

It would be nice to move to a more position-less team, too. Frank has a lot of room for growth on the offensive end. I think Trae would be fun in NYC.

I'm not really drooling over this draft class outside the top 2 or 3 kids. Hopefully we get the right fit.

Yes, KP needs to be a 5. I guess ideally you'd like to pair him with a 4 who can do some post scoring and rebound. Like, maybe a Willy Hernangomez if he was any good, but I guess he sucks now?

Yes, KP needs to be a 5. I guess ideally you'd like to pair him with a 4 who can do some post scoring and rebound. Like, maybe a Willy Hernangomez if he was any good, but I guess he sucks now?
I have zero hope that we will ever be good again. I don't even see any light at the end of the tunnel and that's with us being in the JV Conference.

I have zero hope that we will ever be good again. I don't even see any light at the end of the tunnel and that's with us being in the JV Conference.

My expectations are pretty much zero. Maybe KP is a franchise guy though. And maybe we don't run him off.