New Football Hire... Dave Boller Named SU Football Director of Player Personnel | Syracusefan.com

New Football Hire... Dave Boller Named SU Football Director of Player Personnel

Interesting... Money is definitely being spent to beef up the staff. For those that are worried about us paying salaries to coaches, Boller comes from UL. Wonder what the deal is there, whether we offered him a big raise, or if he had moved on.

Dave Boller Named SU Football Director of Player Personnel
Doller was just starting his career as director of football operations at Arizona State in 1985 when Dino Babers arrived there as a GA.

They go back a long way together and I suspect Dave was an influential person early in Dino's coaching career.

This article talks some about what he did at UL. It is the kind of thing that gives the haves a big advantage over the have nots. Really good to see Syracuse acting like a have...

Ex-NFL scout key to U of L recruiting

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but this is a great hire. I don't know as he'll receive the credit due when recruiting picks up (and quality of play as well) but this is really good for us moving forward.

Did we hire him away from Louisville or did they let him go, because if Louisville let him go they are fools.

Only negative I see is this guy has moved around a lot. But I can see why he might have taken the Syracuse job, moving from a High School Relations position to Director of Player Personnel.

Apparently helped the Eagles see the light on the glorious potential of Donovan McNabb.

He has my vote

I am sure he is talented if Dino hired him, but not sure if i am into someone tainted at UL, directing our players.

I am sure he is talented if Dino hired him, but not sure if i am into someone tainted at UL, directing our players.

Even though the tainted comment didn't make sense to me, you can sleep a little easier knowing that he is not "directing our players." This is hire to help with recruiting.

"At Syracuse, Boller will work closely with Director of Recruiting Operations Asil Mulbah to coordinate the program's efforts to identify and attract top high school student-athletes."

Even though the tainted comment didn't make sense to me, you can sleep a little easier knowing that he is not "directing our players." This is hire to help with recruiting.

"At Syracuse, Boller will work closely with Director of Recruiting Operations Asil Mulbah to coordinate the program's efforts to identify and attract top high school student-athletes."

Thank you. I get that. I know he probably has an eye for talent. The part that got my attention was director of on campus recruiting at the Ville . Which, as we know, has been a recent cess pool.

So - we'll be using hookers now, right? :p

So - we'll be using hookers now, right? :p

That's a Pitino/basketball thing, but I guess we can't rule out wild motorcycle rides

bobby-petrino-9ee2140ca5368061.jpg

Interesting... Money is definitely being spent to beef up the staff. For those that are worried about us paying salaries to coaches, Boller comes from UL. Wonder what the deal is there, whether we offered him a big raise, or if he had moved on.

Maybe he was tired of working for one the top 3 biggest douches in all of college football?

Maybe he was tired of working for one the top 3 biggest douches in all of college football?

The fact that he is top 3 and not officially top 1 tells you all you need to know about college football coaching douchery

Thank you. I get that. I know he probably has an eye for talent. The part that got my attention was director of on campus recruiting at the Ville . Which, as we know, has been a recent cess pool.

I assume he had zero to do with basketball. And if we are going to go the guilt by association route, let's toss Dino out because he worked for Briles and Briles is one of his big mentors.

I assume he had zero to do with basketball. And if we are going to go the guilt by association route, let's toss Dino out because he worked for Briles and Briles is one of his big mentors.

Dino was gone during the years in question at baylor. This guy was in the heart of an on campus scandal involving a brothel. Dont believe for a minute that fb and hoops recruits dont run in the same circles. I am sure this hire is solid or it wouldn't have happened.

Dino was gone during the years in question at baylor. This guy was in the heart of an on campus scandal involving a brothel. Dont believe for a minute that fb and hoops recruits dont run in the same circles. I am sure this hire is solid or it wouldn't have happened.

The basketball brothel was from 2010-14. He was there from 2015-2017.

Then why bring it up in your previous post?

So, it seems that the University is providing Coach Babers with the resources he feels he needs.

There is a different vibe with Coach B than there was with Coach S.

It seems clear that Coach B is asserting himself to a greater degree.