New Football Hire... Dave Boller Named SU Football Director of Player Personnel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Football Hire... Dave Boller Named SU Football Director of Player Personnel

Doller was just starting his career as director of football operations at Arizona State in 1985 when Dino Babers arrived there as a GA.

They go back a lot way together and I suspect Dave was an influential person in early in Dino's coaching career.

This article talks some about what he did at UL. It is the kind of thing that gives the haves a big advantage over the have nots. Really good to see Syracuse acting like a have...

Ex-NFL scout key to U of L recruiting

Recall that Herman Frazier was at ASU back then.

Recall that Herman Frazier was at ASU back then.
Herm is an ASU grad, where he was a track AA in the mid 1970s. Worked there in their AD department after that for another 20+ years, so yes, he was there with Dino.

Probably why he was so insistent that Syracuse could and should go after Dino. In the final analysis, his role getting Dino hired here will be his biggest contribution to Syracuse...

So, it seems that the University is providing Coach Babers with the resources he feels he needs.

There is a different vibe with Coach B than there was with Coach S.

It seems clear that Coach B is asserting himself to a greater degree.

Shaffer was a football coach who just wanted to coach football and do it well.

Babers is a football CEO focused on culture and capable of thinking at a program level.

Big difference. You can just see it.

Shaffer was a football coach who just wanted to coach football and do it well.

Babers is a football CEO focused on culture and capable of thinking at a program level.

Big difference. You can just see it.
there is no doubt about the big difference, however I will say IF Shafer ever gets a chance again he will be better because of his experiences here. I'm sure he learned how to be the guy. Learning takes longer for some and he ran out of time.

Dino already had the experience which is why we are seeing immediate changes. He's not learning how to be the head man.

So Dave Boller comes in last week, and already recruits from all over the country are getting cuse offers. Now perhaps they were on the schools radar before he showed up, but to me, this is the definition of bringing in a hired gun, who has his contacts and just unleashes them on for his current employer. We need support staff like this for bball as well. While Dave B., isn't an actual coach, and time will tell if any of these kids actually commit to Cuse, its super refreshing to see us take this step as a program.

So Dave Boller comes in last week, and already recruits from all over the country are getting cuse offers. Now perhaps they were on the schools radar before he showed up, but to me, this is the definition of bringing in a hired gun, who has his contacts and just unleashes them on for his current employer. We need support staff like this for bball as well. While Dave B., isn't an actual coach, and time will tell if any of these kids actually commit to Cuse, its super refreshing to see us take this step as a program.
Totally agree.