New game: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New game:

While Sullinger is a great post scorer, No way would I give up Melo's D. Melo just fits on this team much better, and its his ability to alter/block shots that make this team special. From what I've seen of Sullinger, he isn't an elite defender.

Also, we have Sullinger v.2 coming next year in DC2. Both 6'9ish big bodied centers with advanced post moves for their age.

I'm at a loss for words. Maybe I'm overrating Sullinger.
Sullinger is a great offensive player. But I don't think you can win a National Championship with him as your center. Defensively he is average to below average.

No way I include MCW to go along with Dirty and Rak

Right... but its gotta be win-win. Those are the conditions. I think Xmas has tremendous upside and we might eventually really regret trading him, but...i think we could talk the opposing GM into Southerland-MCW. Because everyone likes what they see in MCW, it is easy to see him contributing for 3 years.

So to make it win-win, give up dirty and MCW for Jones. I really like the idea of getting another player who can get their own shot inside, play it bloodless, and recruit Ennis. Triche will be fine with the point next year. Then Ennis is ready to take over and we have +1 NC.

All imaginary of course, I too love these guys as a team.

fab's defense is worth more than sullinger's low post offense. for us anyway.

DC2 and Jerami Grant to Virginia for Mike Scott

tough sell to UVA, but a cold blooded analysis would tell them that they are probably peaking at Sweet 16 and then its into rebuilding mode. Trade Mike Scott and they can forget that Sweet 16 and any possible fairy tale run. But, it gives them two young studs who will be around for awhile and would be terrific to build upon for a long run.

In return for mortgaging it's future, Syracuse gets the low post scoring option for the half court that it has lacked all season long (and, he can board and play defense to boot). His low post game would make everyone better - Fab on the high post and Kris cutting in from the wing like he did when Arinze was drawing attention. As the military guys say, it would be a target rich environment for the guards to collect assists.

SU would be the prohibitive favorite to win with that kind of weapon for the half court game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom