New Helmet Pics... | Syracusefan.com

New Helmet Pics...

It looks naked.

Does it have white & blue stripes down the middle at least?

Where is the S?

Here's another shot.
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/523460_377867925595391_317046914_n.jpg
523460_377867925595391_317046914_n.jpg

I'll bet anyone a beer: SU will bring on special uniforms for USC and "NY's Team" will be on it somewhere.

They were all sent back to the Gump Rob Era where they belong.

Except the GRob era is not the only time we wore them.

It looks naked.

Does it have white & blue stripes down the middle at least?
Looks like it has a navy blue stripe in the middle, but it doesn't look like it runs the whole center of the helmet -- just up a little bit. Like a regular stripe that then comes to a point about five inches up. Unless that's just a shadow.

I know I'm in the minority, but the block S didn't bother me one bit. I've never understood why it bothered people so much, unless it's just an association with the GRob era.

Heard today that there will be no block S on our helmet next year. Not just this helmet, but all season.

Fantastic news.
next year being the 2012 or 2013 season?

Heard today that there will be no block S on our helmet next year. Not just this helmet, but all season.

Fantastic news.
I agree, it gave the helmet a block head look. Just inappropriate and ugly.

Almost all of the damage from the uniform re-design has been fixed now. If the bird on the groin, skyscrapers on the gloves, NY'S TEAM on the butt, whatever crazy other ideas Nike comes up with pro combat uniforms get thrown in the garbage after the big show in Jersey, we just might be in business.

I know I'm in the minority, but the block S didn't bother me one bit. I've never understood why it bothered people so much, unless it's just an association with the GRob era.

The block S didn't "bother" me as much as it was a deviation for the more classic look that I grew up cheering for. Also the block S is decidely a Stanford and Michigan State staple before it comes to SU. I'd rather have something a bit more unique.

Here is another link to this rapidly developing story. There is a close up helmet pic where you can almost with certainty see what looks like a blue stripe down the middle of it.

http://www.nikeblog.com/2012/06/07/new-hydrochrome-syracuse-football-helmet/

Also it makes mentioned that this lid will be part of a one-off uniform to be worn for the USC game.

Check it out.
IMO - the pub from this would be a lot better if the helmet wasn't pressed up against a giant sloppy gut representing SU athletics Oh Lord

It's not so much that the 'S' is ugly, because it's not, it's just that it is the helmet that is associated with the dark days of the program.

It's the same reason the Pats would never ditch the Flying Elvis for Pat the Patriot, even though the Pat the Patriot uniform is easily in the top 5 or 10 of NFL uni's (IMO). Flying Elvis = Super Bowls, Pat the Patriot = 1-15.

The first S they did was terrible, like someone put it on with tape. And I associate that more with decisions like Jake obviously using a near bouncing checkbook to get the last 3 letters out of the word Orangemen in the end zone.

But the S from the past couple years looked good, actually looked like it belonged on the helmet, and I think our logo rebranding has been a great accomplishment.

Having said that, if they'll be all orange, that's good too. I don't associate the S with GRob (his first year we had #'s on the helmet, which also worked out pretty well in, say, 1959). I more associate the S with Gross, and the way he made the S replace the horrific SJ.

End of the day, as long as we win football games, I really don't care what's on the helmet.